- Circulating endogenous cannabinoid anandamide and portal, systemic and renal hemodynamics in cirrhosisConrado M Fernández-Rodríguez
Unit of Gastroenterology and Laboratory of Research, Fundacion Hospital Alcorcon, 28922 Madrid, Spain
Liver Int 24:477-83. 2004..Endocannabinoids may participate in the homeostasis of arterial pressure. Recently, anandamide, the most extensively studied endocannabinoid, has been proposed as a key mediator in the peripheral arterial vasodilation of cirrhosis...
- Peginterferon plus ribavirin and sustained virological response in HCV-related cirrhosis: outcomes and factors predicting responseConrado M Fernández-Rodríguez
Hospital Universitario Fundacion Alcorcon, Madrid, Spain
Am J Gastroenterol 105:2164-72; quiz 2173. 2010..Patients with hepatitis C virus (HCV) cirrhosis are difficult to treat and have a high risk of liver decompensation or hepatocellular carcinoma. We sought to identify factors that could predict treatment response...
- [Treatment optimization in chronic hepatitis C virus infection]Conrado M Fernandez Rodriguez
Servicio de Aparato Digestivo, Hospital Universitario Fundacion Alcorcon, Alcorcon, Madrid, Espana
Gastroenterol Hepatol 33:119-25. 2010..Key factors in treatment optimization are the weight-adjusted dose of ribavirin and therapeutic adherence...
- Influence of occult hepatitis B virus infection in chronic hepatitis C outcomesConrado M Fernández-Rodríguez
Service of Gastroenterology, Hospital Universitario Fundacion Alcorcon, University King Juan Carlos, Av Budapest 1, 28922 Alcorcon, Madrid, Spain
World J Gastroenterol 17:1558-62. 2011....
- [Effect of pentoxifylline on survival, cardiac function and both portal and systemic hemodynamics in advanced alcoholic cirrhosis--a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial]C M Fernandez-Rodriguez
Unidad de Gastroenterología y Hepatología, Hospital Universitario Fundacion Alcorcon, Avda, Budapest, 1 28922 Alcorcón, Madrid
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 100:481-9. 2008..To assess the effect of pentoxiphylline (a potent inhibitor of tumor necrosis factor alpha) on survival, on systemic and portal hemodynamics, and on cardiac function in patients with alcoholic cirrhosis...
- Long-term reversal of hypocholesterolaemia in patients with chronic hepatitis C is related to sustained viral response and viral genotypeC M Fernandez-Rodriguez
Units of Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases, Fundación Hospital Alorcón, Madrid, Spain
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 24:507-12. 2006..Genotype-3 of hepatitis C virus (HCV) has been associated with serum lipid changes (reversible with sustained viral response) and liver steatosis...
- Factors influencing the rate of fibrosis progression in chronic hepatitis CConrado M Fernández-Rodríguez
Fundacion Hospital Alcorcon, Av Budapest 1, 28922 Madrid, Spain
Dig Dis Sci 49:1971-6. 2004..Combination of these factors did not further accelerate this progression. The impact of modification of these factors on progression should be tested in longitudinal studies...
- Incidence, risk factors, and outcome of chronic rejection during antiviral therapy for posttransplant recurrent hepatitis CInmaculada Fernandez
Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Liver Transpl 15:948-55. 2009..The use of cyclosporine, ribavirin discontinuation, and viral infection elimination seem to be associated with the development of this complication. Liver Transpl 15:948-955, 2009. (c) 2009 AASLD...
- Clinical and histological efficacy of pegylated interferon and ribavirin therapy of recurrent hepatitis C after liver transplantationInmaculada Fernandez
Gastroenterology Department, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Liver Transpl 12:1805-12. 2006..In conclusion, Therapy with PEG-IFN and ribavirin achieved SVR and a significant histological improvement in 23% of liver transplant recipients with chronic hepatitis C. Toxicity is an important drawback of this therapy...
- [Association of hyperhomocysteinemia with liver steatosis in patients with chronic hepatitis C]Consuelo Fernández-Miranda
Unidad de Lípidos y Aterosclerosis, Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 136:45-9. 2011..The aim of this study was to know if hyperhomocysteinemia and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR)-C677T polymorphisms are associated with liver steatosis in nonalcoholic patients with CHC...