- [Organ-preserving resection of the pancreaticoduodenal region in the treatment of intraductal papillary mucinous tumors]Laureano Fernandez-Cruz
Departamento de Cirugia, ICMD, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona, Espana
Cir Esp 80:295-300. 2006..The standard surgical procedure for intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the main duct (IPMN-M) or side branch ducts (IPMN-Br) is pancreaticoduodenectomy. IPMN-BR is a more indolent disease with a lower incidence of malignancy...
- Is laparoscopic resection adequate in patients with neuroendocrine pancreatic tumors?Laureano Fernandez-Cruz
Surgical Department, ICMD Hospital Clínic de Barcelona, University of Barcelona, Villarroel 170, Escalera 6, 4th Floor, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
World J Surg 32:904-17. 2008..Although surgical cure is rare in malignant NEPTs, significant long-term palliation can be achieved in a large proportion of patients with an aggressive surgical approach...
- [Complications after pancreaticoduodenectomy]Laureano Fernandez-Cruz
Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Barcelona, Espana
Cir Esp 90:222-32. 2012..For this, randomised prospective studies, systematic meta-analyses and clinical guidelines on the definition, clinical severity grade and treatment of these complications have been evaluated...
- Prospective randomized trial of the effect of octreotide on pancreatic juice output after pancreaticoduodenectomy in relation to histological diagnosis, duct size and leakageLaureano Fernandez-Cruz
Department of Surgery, Clinic Hospital of Barcelona, Clinical Institute for Digestive and Metabolic Diseases Institut Clínic de Malalties Digestives i Metabòliques, Barcelona, Spain
HPB (Oxford) 15:392-9. 2013..Octreotide is generally administered based on the surgeon's interpretation of perceived risk for pancreatic fistula at the time of pancreaticoduodenectomy (PD)...
- Outcome after laparoscopic enucleation for non-functional neuroendocrine pancreatic tumoursLaureano Fernandez-Cruz
Surgical Department, ICMDM, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
HPB (Oxford) 14:171-6. 2012....
- Repeated pancreatectomy after pancreato-duodenectomy for a intraductal papillary mucinous tumour: advantage of pancreatico-gastrostomy with a gastric partitionLaureano Fernandez-Cruz
Surgical Department, ICMDM Hospital Clínic de Barcelona, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Villaroel 170, Barcelona, Spain
HPB (Oxford) 14:132-5. 2012..Regular follow-up and monitoring of intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms (IPMN) is important as there is a risk of recurrence in both the non-invasive and invasive IPMN...
- PheochromocytomaL Fernandez-Cruz
Department of Surgery, Institute of Digestive and Metabolic Diseases, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Scand J Surg 93:302-9. 2004
- Laparoscopic surgery in patients with sporadic and multiple insulinomas associated with multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1Laureano Fernandez-Cruz
Department of Surgery, Institut Malaltivas Digestivas, Hospital Clinic i Provincial de Barcelona, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
J Gastrointest Surg 9:381-8. 2005..However, the risk of pancreatic leakage after LapEn remains high, and LapSPDP without SVP may be associated with splenic infarct...
- Minimally invasive surgery of the pancreas in progressLaureano Fernandez-Cruz
Department of Surgery, IMD, Biliary and Pancreatic Unit, Hospital Clinic i Provincial de Barcelona, University of Barcelona, C Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Langenbecks Arch Surg 390:342-54. 2005..Laparoscopic pancreatic surgery should be considered as an advanced laparoscopic procedure and should be performed only in institutions with experience in pancreatic surgery by a team with advanced laparoscopic skills...
- [Analysis of the Spanish National Registry of Laparoscopic Pancreatic Surgery]Laureano Fernandez-Cruz
Registro Español de la Cirugía Laparoscópica del Páncreas
Cir Esp 79:293-8. 2006..A recent European multicenter study has allowed the limits and results of this technique to be known. This article presents an analysis of the results of the Spanish National Registry of Laparoscopic Pancreatic Surgery...
- Laparoscopic strategies for resection of insulinomasLaureano Fernandez-Cruz
Department of Surgery, IMD, Hospital Clinic y Provincial de Barcelona, University of Barcelona, Spain
J Gastrointest Surg 10:752-60. 2006..A cosmetic advantage is also clear because of the absence of long abdominal incision, and this should be taken into account, especially in young women...
- Curative laparoscopic resection for pancreatic neoplasms: a critical analysis from a single institutionLaureano Fernandez-Cruz
Surgical Department, ICMD Hospital Clínic de Barcelona, Villarroel, 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
J Gastrointest Surg 11:1607-21; discussion 1621-2. 2007..The median survival for ductal adenocarcinoma patients was 14 months. This series demonstrates that LPS is feasible and safe in benign-appearing and malignant lesions of the pancreas...
- General surgery as education, not specializationLaureano Fernandez-Cruz
Department of Surgery, Hospital Clinic, C Villaroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Ann Surg 240:932-8. 2004
- Laparoscopic distal pancreatectomy combined with preservation of the spleen for cystic neoplasms of the pancreasLaureano Fernandez-Cruz
Department of Surgery, IMD, Hospital Clinic i Provincial de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Gastrointest Surg 8:493-501. 2004..The overall hospital stay was 5.7 days. At mean follow up of 22 months (range 6-42), there have been no local recurrences...
- Pancreatogastrostomy with gastric partition after pylorus-preserving pancreatoduodenectomy versus conventional pancreatojejunostomy: a prospective randomized studyLaureano Fernandez-Cruz
ICMDM Department of Surgery, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Ann Surg 248:930-8. 2008....
- Outcome of laparoscopic pancreatic surgery: endocrine and nonendocrine tumorsL Fernandez-Cruz
Department of Surgery, Institute of Digestive Diseases IMD, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Villarroel, 170, Scalera 6, 4th Floor, Spain
World J Surg 26:1057-65. 2002..In selected patients LapPS offers significant benefit to patients: reduced trauma to the abdominal wall, short hospital stay, and a quick postoperative recovery...
- [Acute necrotizing pancreatitis: therapeutic alternatives]Laureano Fernandez-Cruz
Institut Clinic de Malalties Digestives, Departamento de Cirugia, Hospital Clinic i Provincial de Barcelona, Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona, Espana
Cir Esp 80:64-71. 2006..However, minimally invasive techniques should be limited to critically-ill patients unfit for conventional surgery...
- [Malignancy predictive factors in pancreatic intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm]Ana Celia Adet Caldelari
Servicio de Gastroenterologia, Institut de Malalties Digestives i Metaboliques, IDIBAPS, CIBERehd, Barcelona, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 137:631-6. 2011..Intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm (IPMN) is a premalignant lesion of the pancreas. Its natural history is not well known. We evaluated the characteristics and predictor factors of malignancy of IPMN...
- Preoperative staging and tumor resectability assessment of pancreatic cancer: prospective study comparing endoscopic ultrasonography, helical computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, and angiographyAntonio Soriano
Department of Gastroenterology, Institut de Malalties Digestives, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Am J Gastroenterol 99:492-501. 2004....
- [Pseudopapillary solid tumor of the pancreas: report of 6 cases]Salvador Navarro
Servicio de Gastroenterologia, Hospital Clinic, Universidad de Barcelona, IDIBAPS, CIBERehd, Barcelona, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 138:114-8. 2012..Although they can develop metastasis, the prognosis is good. The aim of this study was to describe the characteristics of these tumours attended in our hospital...
- [Incidence and characteristics of pancreatic cystic neoplasms]Ana Adet
Servicio de Gastroenterologia, IDIBAPS, CIBERehd, Institut Malalties Digestives i Metabòliques, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona, Espana
Gastroenterol Hepatol 33:563-8. 2010..Few series have been published on these lesions, especially in Spain...
- Which is the best technique for pancreaticoenteric reconstruction after pancreaticoduodenectomy? A critical analysisLaureano Fernandez-Cruz
Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Villarroel 170, 08036, Barcelona, Spain
Surg Today 41:761-6. 2011..Further studies are therefore necessary to define the optimal technique of pancreatic reconstruction after PD conducted in high-volume centers by high-volume surgeons...
- CA 19-9 in pancreatic cancer: retrospective evaluation of patients with suspicion of pancreatic cancerVictor Molina
Department of General and Digestive Surgery, Hospital Clinic, School of Medicine, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Tumour Biol 33:799-807. 2012..CA 19.9 is the tumor marker of choice in pancreatic adenocarcinomas, with a clear relationship with tumor location, stage, and resectability...
- Phase I trial of gefitinib with concurrent radiotherapy and fixed 2-h gemcitabine infusion, in locally advanced pancreatic cancerJoan Maurel
Medical Oncology Department, Hospital Clinic, Institut dé Investigacions Biomediques Científiques Agustí Pi I Suryer IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 66:1391-8. 2006..The aim of the study was to determine whether the addition of gefitinib to RT and gemcitabine for patients with locally advanced pancreatic carcinoma (LAPC) was feasible and safe...
- [Recommendations of the Spanish Biliopancreatic Club for the Treatment of Acute Pancreatitis. Consensus development conference]Salvador Navarro
Servicio de Gastroenterologia, Institut de Malalties Digestives i Metaboliques, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Gastroenterol Hepatol 31:366-87. 2008
- Cytomegalovirus: occurrence, severity, and effect on graft survival in simultaneous pancreas-kidney transplantationMaria Jose Ricart
Renal Transplant Unit, University of Barcelona, Spain
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:ii25-ii32, ii62. 2005..This analysis of the Euro-SPK 001 study examined the occurrence and effect of cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection during the first 3 years after simultaneous pancreas-kidney (SPK) transplantation...
- Evaluation of Institut Georges Lopez-1 preservation solution in pig pancreas transplantation: a pilot studyFrancisco A García-Gil
1 Department of Surgery, University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain 2 Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain 3 Gastroenterology and Hepatology Department, HCU Lozano Blesa, Zaragoza, Spain 4 Experimental Hepatic Ischemia Reperfusion Unit, Institute of Biomedical Research, Spanish National Research Council, Barcelona, Spain 5 Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Cell Biology, University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain 6 Department of Human Anatomy and Histology, University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain 7 Department of Pathology, HCU Lozano Blesa, Zaragoza, Spain 8 Department of Surgery, ICMDM, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain 9 Address correspondence to Prof Francisco A García Gil, M D, Ph D, Department of Surgery, University of Zaragoza, Domingo Miral, S N, 50009, Zaragoza, Spain
Transplantation 97:901-7. 2014..Although IGL-1 has shown beneficial outcomes in kidney and liver preservation, this pilot study is the first to evaluate the efficacy of IGL-1 in pancreas transplantation (PT) compared with the University of Wisconsin solution (UW)...
- Influence of portal blood on the development of systemic inflammation associated with experimental acute pancreatitisSergio Hoyos
Department of Surgery, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, C Rosselló 161, 7o 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Surgery 137:186-91. 2005..We have investigated the effects of blood from the pancreas and intestine in liver activation and lung inflammation during early stages of experimental acute pancreatitis in a rat model...
- [Pheochromocytoma and benign mediastinal cyst]Jesus Bollo
Institut Clinic de Malalties Digestives, Servicio de Patología Biliopancreática, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Espana
Cir Esp 81:52. 2007
- Characterization of human pancreatic orthotopic tumor xenografts suitable for drug screeningSandra Pérez-Torras
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Institut de Biomedicina, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
Cell Oncol (Dordr) 34:511-21. 2011..Among the available preclinical models, the orthotopic approach fits with this expectation, but its use is still occasional...
- The utility of the C-peptide in the phenotyping of patients candidates for pancreas transplantationEnric Esmatjes
Department of Endocrinology and Nutrition, Hospital Clinic Universitari, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Transplant 21:358-62. 2007..24 ng/mL). In our experience the prevalence of T2D in candidates for SPK is not negligible. Despite some clinical differences with T1D these T2D patients can phenotypically be confounded with T1D in the absence of C-peptide determination...
- Autoimmune pancreatitis type-1 associated with intraduct papillary mucinous neoplasm: Report of two casesEva C Vaquero
Department of Gastroenterology, Institut de Malalties Digestives i Metaboliques, Hospital Clinic, CIBERehd, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Pancreatology 14:316-8. 2014..One of the patients carried a CFTR class-I mutation. Of notice, serum IgG4 levels gradually decreased to normal values after IPMN excision. Common risk factors to IPMN and AIP may facilitate its coincidental generation. ..
- Comparison of endoscopic ultrasonography and magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography in the diagnosis of pancreatobiliary diseases: a prospective studyGloria Fernández-Esparrach
Gastroenterology Department, Institut de Malalties Digestives i Metaboliques, CIBER HEPAD, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Gastroenterol 102:1632-9. 2007....
- Single-incision transperitoneal laparoscopic left adrenalectomyOscar Vidal
General and Endocrine Surgery Unit, Department of General and Digestive Surgery, Digestive Diseases and Metabolism Institute, Hospital Clinic i Provincial, Universitat de Barcelona, CIRBERHED, IDIBAPS, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
World J Surg 36:1395-9. 2012..Laparoscopic adrenalectomy via three or four trocars is a well-established procedure. This report describes the initial experience with single-incision laparoscopic surgery (SILS) using the transperitoneal approach for left adrenalectomy...
- [Hypertriglyceridemic acute pancreatitis. Is its clinical course different from lithiasic acute pancreatitis?]Salvador Navarro
Servicio de Gastroenterologia, Institut de Malalties Digestives, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 123:567-70. 2004..The objective was to analyze the clinical performance of hypertriglyceridemic acute pancreatitis and the diagnosis value of the serum measurement of pancreatic enzymes...
- Pancreas and kidney transplantation: long-term endocrine functionMireia Mora
Department of Endocrinology and Nutrition, Hospital Clinic I Universitari of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Transplant 24:E236-40. 2010..To describe the characteristics of metabolic control and beta-cell function in the long-term follow-up of patients with type-1 diabetes (T1D) who have undergone pancreas and kidney transplantation (PKTx)...
- Laparoscopic pancreatic surgery in patients with neuroendocrine tumours: indications and limitsL Fernandez-Cruz
Department of Surgery, Institute of Digestive Diseases IMD, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Spain
Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 15:161-75. 2001..Splenic salvage with splenic vessel preservation is technically possible. The laparoscopic approach allows a shorter hospital stay and an earlier return to normal activities...
- [Tumor compatible with adrenal cortex carcinoma]David Calatayud-Mizrahi
Unidad de Cirugía Biliopancreática y Endocrina, Universidad de Barcelona, Institut de Malalties Digestives, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Cir Esp 78:391. 2005
- [Prediction of prognosis of patients with pancreatic adenocarcinoma with curative intent resection by means of histologic grade and pathologic N stage]Antonio Soriano-Izquierdo
Servicio de Gastroenterologia, Institut de Malalties Digestives i Metaboliques, Hospital Clínic Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, CIBERehd Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 132:163-71. 2009..We evaluated the prognostic significance of different factors in both overall survival and tumor recurrence in patients with pancreatic adenocarcinoma who had undergone pancreatic resection with curative intent...
- Management and outcomes in digestive cancer surgery: design and initial results of a multicenter cohort studyM Espallargues
Catalan Agency for Health Technology Assessment and Research, Carrer de Roc Boronat 81 95, Barcelona, Spain
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 101:680-96. 2009..most studies that analyze the influence of structure factors on clinical outcomes are retrospective, based on clinical-administrative databases, and mainly focusing on surgical volume...
- Laparoscopic pancreatic surgery in patients with chronic pancreatitisL Fernandez-Cruz
Department of Surgery, Institute of Digestive Diseases IMD, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Villarroel 170, Escalera 6, Barcelona E 08034, Spain
Surg Endosc 16:996-1003. 2002..The aim of this report was to evaluate the feasibility and outcome of laparoscopic pancreatic surgery in patients with chronic pancreatitis...
- Pancreas transplantation with enteric drainage: duodenal segment leakE N Heredia
Biliopancreatic Surgery Unit, Institut de Malaties Digestives, Barcelona, Spain
Transplant Proc 34:215. 2002
- [Hospital registry of pancreatic tumors. Experience of the Hospital Clínic in Barcelona (Spain)]A Soriano-Izquierdo
Servicio de Gastroenterologia, Institut de Malalties Digestives, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Espana
Gastroenterol Hepatol 27:250-5. 2004..To describe the characteristics of patients included in the pancreatic tumor registry of the Hospital Clínic of Barcelona...
- HOMA test in diabetic patients with simultaneous pancreas and kidney transplantationE Aguilera
Endocrinology and Diabetes Unit, IDIBAPS Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pii Sunyer, Hospital Clinic i Universitari, Barcelona, Spain
Transplant Proc 34:206-8. 2002