Amadeo R Fernandez Alba
- Cutillas V, Galera M, Rajski Ł, Fernandez Alba A. Evaluation of supercritical fluid chromatography coupled to tandem mass spectrometry for pesticide residues in food. J Chromatogr A. 2018;1545:67-74 pubmed publisher..Carbon dioxide as mobile phase with methanol as modifier can represent a good alternative to LC-MS/MS with reduction of matrix effects and shorter run times. ..
- Uclés S, Ucles A, Lozano A, Martínez Bueno M, Fernandez Alba A. Shifting the paradigm in gas chromatography mass spectrometry pesticide analysis using high resolution accurate mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1501:107-116 pubmed publisher..The performance of the GC-EI-full scan Orbitrap HRAMS developed method was confirmed with the analysis of 102 real samples providing good results. ..
- Rajski Å, Del Mar GÃ³mez Ramos M, FernÃ¡ndez Alba A. Evaluation of MS2 workflows in LC-Q-Orbitrap for pesticide multi-residue methods in fruits and vegetables. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2017;409:5389-5400 pubmed publisher..Graphical abstract LC-Q-Orbitrap was used for pesticide residues analysis in fruit and vegetables. Three approaches to MS2 identificaton were evaluated. ..
- Parrilla Vázquez P, Hakme E, Uclés S, Cutillas V, Martinez Galera M, Mughari A, et al. Large multiresidue analysis of pesticides in edible vegetable oils by using efficient solid-phase extraction sorbents based on quick, easy, cheap, effective, rugged and safe methodology followed by gas chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr A. 2016;1463:20-31 pubmed publisher..The modified methodology was applied for the analysis of different 17 oil samples. Fourteen pesticides were detected with values lower than MRLs and their concentration ranged between 10.2 and 156.0?gkg(-1). ..
- Herrera López S, Lozano A, Sosa A, Hernando M, Fernandez Alba A. Screening of pesticide residues in honeybee wax comb by LC-ESI-MS/MS. A pilot study. Chemosphere. 2016;163:44-53 pubmed publisher..The number of positive detections due to herbicides was lower as expected and at a lower level of concentration, from 1 to 5.9 μg kg(-1). ..
- Dias J, Cutillas V, Lozano A, Pizzutti I, Fernandez Alba A. Determination of pesticides in edible oils by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry employing new generation materials for dispersive solid phase extraction clean-up. J Chromatogr A. 2016;1462:8-18 pubmed publisher..In order to evaluate the performance of the method, this same procedure was employed to other oils such as soya and sunflower with very good results. ..
- UclÃ©s S, Lozano A, Sosa A, Parrilla VÃ¡zquez P, Valverde A, FernÃ¡ndez Alba A. Matrix interference evaluation employing GC and LC coupled to triple quadrupole tandem mass spectrometry. Talanta. 2017;174:72-81 pubmed publisher..In a third study, the "matrix effect" was evaluated for each commodity/extraction method. Results showed 44% of cases with suppression/enhancement for LC and 93% of cases with enhancement for GC. ..
- Hakme E, Lozano A, Uclés S, Fernandez Alba A. Further improvements in pesticide residue analysis in food by applying gas chromatography triple quadrupole mass spectrometry (GC-QqQ-MS/MS) technologies. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2018;410:5491-5506 pubmed publisher..It is also very useful for risk assessment studies, where the needs of low reporting limits and very wide analytical scope are necessary. ..
- Hakme E, Lozano A, Gómez Ramos M, Hernando M, Fernandez Alba A. Non-target evaluation of contaminants in honey bees and pollen samples by gas chromatography time-of-flight mass spectrometry. Chemosphere. 2017;184:1310-1319 pubmed publisher..The proposed method presents important advantages as it can avoid the use of an unachievable number of analytical standards considered target compounds "a priori" but not present in the analyzed samples. ..