- Simplification therapy with once-daily didanosine, tenofovir and efavirenz in HIV-1-infected adults with viral suppression receiving a more complex antiretroviral regimen: final results of the EFADITE trialAna Barrios
Department of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Carlos III, Madrid
Antivir Ther 10:825-32. 2005....
- Partners of people on ART - a New Evaluation of the Risks (The PARTNER study): design and methodsAlison Rodger
Research Department of Infection and Population Health, University College London, London, UK
BMC Public Health 12:296. 2012..There are no data on risk of transmission for anal sex in MSM when the index partner is on ART...
- [Etravirine drug interactions]Vicente Estrada Pérez
Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Espana
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 27:27-31. 2009..Interaction with fosamprenavir/ritonavir is not clinically significant, although their plasma levels vary slightly when used in combination with ETR. ETR shows no interactions with darunavir/ritonavir...
- Dyslipidaemia in HIV-infected women on antiretroviral therapy. Analysis of 922 patients from the Spanish VACH cohortVicente Estrada
Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain
BMC Womens Health 11:36. 2011..The objective of the study is to describe the lipid profile in a large cohort of HIV-infected women on contemporary ART and analyse differences between regimes and patient's characteristics...
- Dyslipidemia related to antiretroviral therapyVicente Estrada
Department of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain
AIDS Rev 13:49-56. 2011..The current recommendations for dyslipidemia management include the control of other cardiovascular risk factors, the choice of antiretroviral drugs with a better lipid profile, and lipid-lowering drug use when clinically indicated...
- [Clinical factors and biomarkers associated with subclinical atherosclerosis in the human immunodeficiency virus infection]Sergio Serrano-Villar
Servicio de Medicina Interna III, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 139:231-7. 2012..We aimed to identify biomarkers and clinical factors associated with subclinical atherosclerosis in HIV-infected patients...
- Disorders of body fat distribution in HIV-1-infected patientsSantiago Moreno
Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
AIDS Rev 11:126-34. 2009..Neither the interruption of antiretroviral therapy nor the use of metformin, glitazones or growth hormone analogs can be recommended due to their limited efficacy or associated complications...
- Association of HIV-Infection and antiretroviral therapy with levels of endothelial progenitor cells and subclinical atherosclerosisDulcenombre Gomez-Garre
Vascular Biology Research Laboratory, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria del Hospital Clínico San Carlos IdISSC, Madrid, Spain
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 61:545-51. 2012..We herein investigated the number of progenitor cell subpopulations in HIV-infected patients and its relationship to carotid intima-media thickness (c-IMT)...
- The future of antiretroviral therapy: challenges and needsSantiago Moreno
Department of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Carretera de Colmenar Km 9 100, 28034 Madrid, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:827-35. 2010..This document summarizes the group's conclusions on the future of antiretroviral treatment, presented as 20 relevant questions. Each question includes the current status of the topic and our vision for the future...
- Risk factors for loss of virological suppression in patients receiving lopinavir/ritonavir monotherapy for maintenance of HIV suppressionFederico Pulido
Unidad VIH, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Antivir Ther 14:195-201. 2009..Risk factors for loss of virological response in patients receiving lopinavir/ritonavir (LPV/r) monotherapy as maintenance treatment have not been determined...
- Efficacy and safety of a once daily regimen with efavirenz, lamivudine, and didanosine, with and without food, as initial therapy for HIV Infection: the ELADI studyMatilde Sanchez Conde
Department of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 23:1237-41. 2007..Its efficacy does not seem to be compromised when ddI is administered with food. Therefore, this regimen merits further investigation in larger comparative trials...
- Long-term efficacy and safety of protease inhibitor switching to nevirapine in HIV-infected patients with undetectable virus loadPaloma Gil
Division of Infectious Diseases, , , Madrid, Spain
Clin Infect Dis 39:1024-9. 2004..Three years after starting nevirapine therapy, rates of hypercholesterolemia and hypertriglyceridemia improved, although normal cholesterol and triglyceride values were not achieved...
- Role of baseline human immunodeficiency virus genotype as a predictor of viral response to tenofovir in heavily pretreated patientsAna Barrios
Service of Infectious Diseases, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Microbiol 41:4421-3. 2003..Only five (3.7%) patients discontinued TDF use due to adverse events. In the multivariate analysis, the presence of M41L and/or L210W at baseline was the only viral determinant of a lower response to TDF...
- Incipient renal impairment as a predictor of subclinical atherosclerosis in HIV-infected patientsSergio Serrano-Villar
Internal Medicine Department, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria del Hospital Clínico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 59:141-8. 2012..We assessed the relationship between incipient renal impairment (IRI) and subclinical atherosclerosis in HIV-infected patients...
- Prevalence and impact of body physical changes in HIV patients treated with highly active antiretroviral therapy: results from a study on patient and physician perceptionsEsther Cabrero
Medical Department, Abbott Laboratories, Avenida de Burgos 91, Madrid, Spain
AIDS Patient Care STDS 24:5-13. 2010..Physicians should be aware of the psychosocial consequences of BPC in HIV patients in order to improve patient well-being...
- [Stroke in the very old: myths and realities]Sergio Serrano-Villar
Servicio de Medicina Interna III, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 140:53-8. 2013..The incidence of stroke in the very old is increasing. However, there are very few data regarding the differences in the management and outcomes in Spain...
- Leptin and adipose tissue maldistribution in HIV-infected male patients with predominant fat loss treated with antiretroviral therapyVicente Estrada
Department of Internal Medicine, , Madrid, Spain
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 29:32-40. 2002..In LDS patients, plasma leptin levels could be a marker of subcutaneous adipose tissue content...
- Vitamin D deficiency and vitamin D therapy in chronic hepatitis CJose M Ladero
Service of Gastroenterology, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Department of Medicine, Medical School, Universidad Complutense, Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria del Hospital Clínico San Carlos IdISSC, Madrid, Spain
Ann Hepatol 12:199-204. 2013..Vitamin D therapy has no immediate effect on HCV-RNA serum levels...
- [Recommendations of the Study Group for Metabolic Alterations/Secretariat for the National AIDS Plan (GEAM/SPNS) on the management of metabolic and morphologic alterations in patients with HIV infection]Rosa Polo
Consejera Técnica, Plan Nacional sobre el Sida, Madrid, Espana
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 24:96-117. 2006..To provide an update of the metabolic and morphologic alterations in patients infected with HIV with an in-depth analysis of their clinical management and treatment...
- Lipodystrophy and metabolic syndrome in HIV-infected patients treated with antiretroviral therapyVicente Estrada
Internal Medicine Department, Diabetes and Lipids Research Laboratory, , Complutense University, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Metabolism 55:940-5. 2006..In conclusion, the prevalence of metabolic syndrome is significantly increased in HIV-infected patients on ART and its presence is associated with lipo, increased age and BMI, IR, and a reduced plasma AD-to-leptin ratio...