José P Espada
- Sexual behaviour under the influence of alcohol among Spanish adolescentsJosé P Espada
Miguel Hernandez University, Alicante, Spain
Adicciones 25:55-62. 2013..Preventive measures must address the particular characteristics of this risk group. Further evidence is need about alcohol effects on sexual behaviour...
- Effectiveness of a school HIV/AIDS prevention program for Spanish adolescentsJosé P Espada
Miguel Hernandez University, Elche, Spain
AIDS Educ Prev 24:500-13. 2012..The intervention's impact was greater in females and adolescents who were not sexually active. The findings suggest that COMPAS is an acceptable and feasible school intervention for reducing sexual risk among Spanish adolescents...
- Spanish version of the Positive Expectancies for Drinking and Driving for YouthJosé P Espada
Departamento de Psicologia de la Salud, Universidad Miguel Hernández Av de la Universidad, s n 03202 Elche, Alicante, Spain
Span J Psychol 15:1495-502. 2012..The Convenience factor performed with the most consistent reliability and predictive validity. Limitations and future research questions are discussed...
- Component analysis of a school-based substance use prevention program in Spain: contributions of problem solving and social skills training contentJosé P Espada
Department of Health Psychology, Miguel Hernandez University, Av de la Universidad, s n 03202 Elche, Alicante, Spain
Prev Sci 13:86-95. 2012..We discuss the implications of these findings, including the advantages and disadvantages of implementing tailored interventions to students by selecting intervention components after a skills-based needs assessment...
- Applying drug dependence research to prevention interventions in SpainJosé P Espada
Departamento de Psicologia de la Salud, University Miguel Hernandez, Elche, Alicante, Spain
Eval Health Prof 31:182-97. 2008..The processes for translation and cultural adaptation of evidence-based programs are described. Finally, pending aspects of the adaptation of research in drug dependence within Spain are discussed...
- [Influence of social models on alcohol use among adolescents]José Pedro Espada Sánchez
Facultad de Ciencias Sociales y Jurídicas, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Elche, Spain
Psicothema 20:531-7. 2008..85, IC 95% = 1.12-3.04). The intention of consumption increases when the father is an alcohol user (OR = 2.70, IC 95% = 1.68-4.36), sibling (OR = 2.83, IC 95% = 1.56-5.15), and mainly best friend (OR = 4.33, IC 95% = 2.55-7.36)...
- [Psychometric properties of a Multidimensional Scale of Social Expression to assess social skills in the Internet context]Jose L Carballo
Facultad de Psicologia, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, 03202 Alicante, Spain
Psicothema 24:121-6. 2012..The scale had shown to be a good predictor of hours of Internet use. In conclusion, EMES-C is useful for assessing real context and Internet context social skills...
- Sexual behavior in Spanish adolescents of divorced parentsMireia Orgilés
Facultad de Ciencias Sociosanitarias, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, 03202 Elche, Spain
Psicothema 24:211-6. 2012..Moreover, older adolescents who were younger when parents divorced and who live in a reconstituted family, have more sexual partners. These and other findings are discussed...
- Psychometric properties and factorial structure of the Spence Children's Anxiety Scale (SCAS) in Spanish adolescentsMireia Orgilés
a Department of Health Psychology, Miguel Hernandez University, Alicante, Spain
J Pers Assess 96:95-102. 2014..The good psychometric properties support its use by clinicians and researchers, adding evidence to the international empirical support for this measure...
- [Health-related quality of life across weight categories in childhood]José A Piqueras
Area de Personalidad, Evaluacion y Tratamiento Psicologico, Departamento de Psicologia de la Salud, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Elche, Alicante, Espana
Gac Sanit 26:170-3. 2012..To analyze differences in health-related quality of life across weight categories based on body mass index in boys and girls aged 8 to 12 years old...
- Spanish validation of the Spence Children's Anxiety ScaleMireia Orgilés
Department of Health Psychology, Miguel Hernandez University, Avda de la Universidad s n, 03202 Elche, Alicante, Spain
Child Psychiatry Hum Dev 43:271-81. 2012..Analysis suggested that anxiety scores decrease with age, and girls reported higher scores than boys. Overall, the SCAS was shown to have good psychometric properties for use with Spanish children by clinicians and researchers...
- Spanish Version of the Children's Somatization Inventory: Factorial Structure and Psychometric Properties in a Community SampleMireia Orgilés
Department of Health Psychology, Miguel Hernandez University of Elche, Avda de la Universidad s n, Elche, 03202, Alicante, Spain
Int J Behav Med 21:556-60. 2014..The Children's Somatization Inventory (CSI) has proved to be a suitable measure to assess somatic symptoms in pediatric patients, but additional research was needed to evaluate its psychometric properties in community populations...