Maria M Escribese
- Influence of low oxygen tensions on macrophage polarizationMaria M Escribese
Laboratorio de Células Mieloides, Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, CSIC, Madrid, Spain Electronic address
Immunobiology 217:1233-40. 2012....
- The prolyl hydroxylase PHD3 identifies proinflammatory macrophages and its expression is regulated by activin AMaria M Escribese
Laboratorio de Células Mieloides, Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Madrid 28040, Spain
J Immunol 189:1946-54. 2012....
- Alpha-defensins 1-3 release by dendritic cells is reduced by estrogenMaria M Escribese
Department of Microbiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 9:118. 2011....
- Requirements for proximal tubule epithelial cell detachment in response to ischemia: role of oxidative stressDavid Sáenz-Morales
Department of Pathology, Hospital Univ Ramón y Cajal, Crta de Colmenar, Km 9, 1, 28034, Madrid, Spain
Exp Cell Res 312:3711-27. 2006..In conclusion, ROS-mediated FAC disassembly was not sufficient for the proximal epithelial cell shedding in response to sublethal ischemia, which also requires intercellular adhesion disruption...
- Estrogen inhibits dendritic cell maturation to RNA virusesMaria M Escribese
Department of Microbiology, The Immunology Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Blood 112:4574-84. 2008..These results suggest an important role for E2 in suppressing the antiviral response and provide a mechanism for the reduced immunity to virus infection observed during pregnancy...
- Differential resolution of inflammation and recovery after renal ischemia-reperfusion injury in Brown Norway compared with Sprague Dawley ratsDavid Sáenz-Morales
Department of Pathology, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, 28034, Madrid, Spain
Kidney Int 77:781-93. 2010..The faster resolution of inflammation in Brown Norway rats suggests that this strain might be a useful experimental model to determine the mechanisms that promote repair of renal ischemia-reperfusion injury...
- Characterizing the pregnancy immune phenotype: results of the viral immunity and pregnancy (VIP) studyThomas A Kraus
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Clin Immunol 32:300-11. 2012..Elucidating the changes in innate and adaptive immunity during gestation may improve pregnancy outcomes and facilitate the development of targeted therapies for autoimmune diseases...