- The impact of childhood acute rotavirus gastroenteritis on the parents' quality of life: prospective observational study in European primary care medical practicesJavier Diez Domingo
Centro Superior de Investigación en Salud Pública CSISP, Area de Investigación en Vacunas, Avda Catalunya 21, Valencia 46020, Spain
BMC Pediatr 12:58. 2012....
- Pharmacoeconomic assessment of implementing a universal PCV-13 vaccination programme in the Valencian public health system (Spain)Javier Diez-Domingo
Centro Superior de Investigación en Salud Pública, Valencia, Spain
Vaccine 29:9640-8. 2011..pneumoniae. Thirteen-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV-13) includes 6 additional serotypes for preventing invasive pneumococcal disease...
- Primary care-based surveillance to estimate the burden of rotavirus gastroenteritis among children aged less than 5 years in six European countriesJavier Diez-Domingo
Area de Investigación en Vacunas, Centro Superior de Investigación en Salud Pública, CSISP, Centre for Public Health Research, Avda Catalunya 21, 46020 Valencia, Spain
Eur J Pediatr 170:213-22. 2011..Conclusion. This multinational epidemiological study in Europe shows that RV is easily transmitted among household children, with RVGE burden highest among children aged <2 years accessing primary healthcare for acute GE...
- Antibody persistence 12 months after a booster dose of meningococcal-C conjugated vaccine in the second year of lifeJavier Diez-Domingo
Centro Superior de Investigación en Salud Pública, Valencia, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:768-70. 2010..4-616.3) were higher in children receiving the meningococcal serogroup C tetanus toxoid conjugate, compared with 61.5% and serum bactericidal antibody geometric mean titer of 45.1 (95% CI: 28.5-71.3) when MenC-CRM197 conjugate was used...
- Immunogenicity and Safety of H5N1 A/Vietnam/1194/2004 (Clade 1) AS03-adjuvanted prepandemic candidate influenza vaccines in children aged 3 to 9 years: a phase ii, randomized, open, controlled studyJavier Diez-Domingo
Centro Superior de Investigación en Salud Pública CSISP, Area de Investigación en Vacunas, Valencia, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:e35-46. 2010..The development of vaccines against pandemic influenza viruses for use in children is a public health priority...
- A randomized, multicenter, open-label clinical trial to assess the immunogenicity of a meningococcal C vaccine booster dose administered to children aged 14 to 18 monthsJavier Diez-Domingo
CSISP, Centro Superior de Investigacion en Salud Publica Center for Public Health Research, Valencia, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:148-52. 2010..A booster meningococcal C (MenC) vaccine dose is recommended after the first year of life. The objective of this study was to assess its immunogenicity and factors that modify the immunoresponse...
- [Evaluation of the antipyretic safety and accuracy of two pediatric ibuprofen formulations]J Diez Domingo
Centro de Salud de Nazaret Valencia
An Esp Pediatr 53:436-40. 2000..To compare the efficacy and to evaluate the clinical bioequivalence of two different formulations of ibuprofen (suspension and effervescent granules) in febrile children...
- [Incidence and cost of hospitalizations for bronchiolitis and respiratory syncytial virus infections in the autonomous community of Valencia in Spain (2001 and 2002)]J Diez Domingo
Centro Superior de Investigación en Salud Pública CSISP Instituto de Vacunas de Valencia VIVA Centro Sanitario Nazaret Valencia España
An Pediatr (Barc) 65:325-30. 2006..To assess the incidence and costs of hospitalizations for bronchiolitis and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) infections the Autonomous Community of Valencia, Spain...
- Seroprevalence of varicella among children and adolescents in Valencia, Spain. Reliability of the parent's reported history and the medical file for identification of potential candidates for vaccinationJ Diez-Domingo
Pediatrics, Centros de Salud, VIVA, Valencia, Spain
Hum Vaccin 1:204-6. 2005..The most effective strategy for varicella vaccination of older children and adolescents in Spain will be to immunize those individuals with a lack of positive (unknown or negative) history of disease...
- Rotavirus gastroenteritis among children under five years of age in Valencia, SpainJavier Diez-Domingo
Vaccine Area, Center for Public Health Research, Vaccine Institute of Valencia, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 25:455-7. 2006..Eighty percent of rotavirus gastroenteritis occurred during the winter months (January-March). Genotype G1 was detected in 86% of the samples and G4 in the other 14%...
- [Use of alternating antipyretics in the treatment of fever in Spain]J Diez Domingo
Centro de Salud de Nazaret, Valencia, Spain
An Esp Pediatr 55:503-10. 2001..To assess the frequency of the use of alternating antipyretics among Spanish pediatricians and to analyze the factors that determine this practice...
- Epidemiology of invasive streptococcus pneumoniae infections in children in Spain, 1996-1998J Diez-Domingo
Vaccine Institute of Valencia, Research Unit Trinitat, Valencia, Spain
J Infect 45:139-43. 2002..Streptococcus pneumoniae is a significant cause of meningitis and septicemia in early infancy, being associated to a high case-fatality rates and serious sequelae...
- Incidence of pertussis in persons < or =15 years of age in Valencia, Spain: seroprevalence of antibodies to pertussis toxin (PT) in children, adolescents and adultsJavier Diez-Domingo
Pediatrics, Primary Care, Generalitat Valenciana, and Vaccine Institute of Valencia VIVA, Valencia, Spain
J Infect 49:242-7. 2004..To determine the incidence of pertussis in persons < or =15 years in age in Valencia, Spain. To assess the prevalence of IgG antibodies to pertussis toxin (PT) in children, adolescents and adults...
- Epidemiology and economic impact of varicella in immunocompetent children in Spain. A nation-wide studyJ Diez-Domingo
Vaccine Institute of Valencia VIVA, C S Nazaret, G V Fernando el Católico 76 E6 Izda, 46008, Valencia, Spain
Vaccine 21:3236-9. 2003..97 days (1.61 if children under 5 years attended day-care facilities; 0.51 if they did not). Costs derived from medical attention totalled 32.5, and social indirect costs were 63.77...
- Effectiveness of the MF59-adjuvanted influenza vaccine in preventing emergency admissions for pneumonia in the elderly over 64 years of ageJoan Puig-Barbera
Grupo de Trabajo Vacunas CAVA de la Sociedad Valenciana de Medicina Familiar y Comunitaria, Valencia, Spain
Vaccine 23:283-9. 2004....
- Nosocomial rotavirus gastroenteritis in Spain: a multicenter prospective studyM Victoria Gutierrez-Gimeno
Preventive Medicine and Public Health Department, College of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:23-7. 2010..The objective of this study was to assess the incidence of nosocomial rotavirus gastroenteritis among children <2 years of age...
- Risk factors for invasive disease among children in SpainInmaculada Pereiro
Vaccine Institute of Valencia, Primary Care, Area 4 Generalitat, Valenciana, Spain
J Infect 48:320-9. 2004..To identify the risk factors related to invasive disease caused by Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib), Neisseria meningitidis, and Streptococcus pneumoniae...
- Effectiveness of MF59-adjuvanted subunit influenza vaccine in preventing hospitalisations for cardiovascular disease, cerebrovascular disease and pneumonia in the elderlyJoan Puig-Barbera
Fundación de la Sociedad Valenciana de Medicina de Familia y Comunitaria, Valencia, Spain
Vaccine 25:7313-21. 2007..31 [P=0.005] for pneumonia). During peak virus circulation, vaccination with MF59-adjuvanted subunit influenza vaccine was associated with an 87% relative risk reduction in hospitalisation for ACS, 93% for CVA, and 69% for pneumonia...
- Epidemiology and cost of herpes zoster and postherpetic neuralgia among patients treated in primary care centres in the Valencian community of SpainAna M Cebrián-Cuenca
Centro de Salud de Ayora, Avenida Argentina, Ayora, Valencia, Spain
BMC Infect Dis 11:302. 2011..The present study aimed to estimate the clinical and economic burden of HZ and PHN in Valencia (Spain)...
- Burden of paediatric Rotavirus Gastroenteritis (RVGE) and potential benefits of a universal Rotavirus vaccination programme with a pentavalent vaccine in SpainJavier Diez-Domingo
Vaccine Investigation Area, CSISP Centre for Public Health Research, Avda Catalunya 21, Valencia 46020, Spain
BMC Public Health 10:469. 2010..The aim of the study was to assess the health outcomes and the economic impact of a universal rotavirus vaccination programme with RotaTeq, the pentavalent rotavirus vaccine, versus no vaccination programme in Spain...
- 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine given with meningococcal C-tetanus toxoid conjugate and other routine pediatric vaccinations: immunogenicity and safetyFederico Martinon-Torres
Hospital Clinico Universitario de Santiago de Compostela, Spain, and Vaccine Research Unit, Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria de Santiago, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 31:392-9. 2012..In addition, the immunogenicity and safety of PCV13 were assessed...
- MF59™-adjuvanted seasonal influenza vaccine in young childrenJoan Puig-Barbera
Centro Superior de Investigación en Salud Pública, Centre for Public Health Research, Area of Vaccines Research, Avda Cataluña, 21, 46020 Valencia, Spain
Expert Rev Vaccines 10:1519-28. 2011....
- Epidemiology of herpes zoster infection among patients treated in primary care centres in the Valencian community (Spain)Ana M Cebrián-Cuenca
Centro Superior de Investigaciones en Salud Pública de Valencia CSISP, Av, Cataluña 21, 46020, Valencia, Spain
BMC Fam Pract 11:33. 2010..There is little available data regarding the epidemiology of herpes zoster (HZ) in Spain. This study's main goal was to estimate the annual incidence of HZ in the Autonomous Community of Valencia...
- Immunogenicity and reactogenicity of a combined adsorbed tetanus toxoid, low dose diphtheria toxoid, five component acellular pertussis and inactivated polio vaccine in six-year-old childrenJavier Diez-Domingo
, Centros de Salud, VIVA, Valencia, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 24:219-24. 2005..CONCLUSIONS: TdcP-IPV vaccine was shown to be immunogenic and safe when given as a booster in children 6 years of age who were primed with 4 doses of DTwcP and OPV...