- Comparison of intramuscular and subcutaneous administration of a herpes zoster live-attenuated vaccine in adults aged ≥50 years: A randomised non-inferiority clinical trialJavier Diez-Domingo
FISABIO Public Health, Avda Cataluña 21, 46020 Valencia, Spain Universidad Católica de Valencia, San Vicente Martir, Valencia, Spain Electronic address
Vaccine 33:789-95. 2015..6% versus 37.3%), respectively. In adults aged ≥50 years, IM administration of Zostavax elicited similar immune responses to SC administration and was well tolerated, with fewer injection-site reactions than with SC administration. ..
- "Knowledge and attitudes of Spanish adolescent girls towards human papillomavirus infection: where to intervene to improve vaccination coverage"Pedro Navarro-Illana
Facultad de Enfermeria, Universidad Catolica de Valencia San Vicente Martir, C Jesús, 10, 46007 Valencia, Spain
BMC Public Health 14:490. 2014....
- Optimizing strategies for meningococcal C disease vaccination in Valencia (Spain)Lina Pérez-Breva
Instituto de Matemática Multidisciplinar, Edificio 8G 2 Floor, Universitat Politècnica de València, Camino de Vera s n, 46022 Valencia, Spain
BMC Infect Dis 14:280. 2014..Our objective is to develop a new vaccination schedule to achieve maximum seroprotection in these groups...
- Herpes zoster surveillance using electronic databases in the Valencian Community (Spain)Nuria Morant-Talamante
Vaccine Research Area, Foundation for the Promotion of Health and Biomedical Research in the Valencian Region FISABIO Public Health, Valencia, Spain
BMC Infect Dis 13:463. 2013..Epidemiologic data of Herpes Zoster (HZ) disease in Spain are scarce. The objective of this study was to assess the epidemiology of HZ in the Valencian Community (Spain), using outpatient and hospital electronic health databases...
- Evaluation of 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine and concomitant meningococcal group C conjugate vaccine in healthy infants and toddlers in SpainJavier Diez-Domingo
Centro Superior de Investigación en Salud Pública CSISP, Valencia, Spain Electronic address
Vaccine 31:5486-94. 2013....
- The impact of childhood acute rotavirus gastroenteritis on the parents' quality of life: prospective observational study in European primary care medical practicesJavier Diez Domingo
Centro Superior de Investigación en Salud Pública CSISP, Area de Investigación en Vacunas, Avda Catalunya 21, Valencia 46020, Spain
BMC Pediatr 12:58. 2012....
- Pharmacoeconomic assessment of implementing a universal PCV-13 vaccination programme in the Valencian public health system (Spain)Javier Diez-Domingo
Centro Superior de Investigación en Salud Pública, Valencia, Spain
Vaccine 29:9640-8. 2011..pneumoniae. Thirteen-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV-13) includes 6 additional serotypes for preventing invasive pneumococcal disease...
- Primary care-based surveillance to estimate the burden of rotavirus gastroenteritis among children aged less than 5 years in six European countriesJavier Diez-Domingo
Area de Investigación en Vacunas, Centro Superior de Investigación en Salud Pública, CSISP, Centre for Public Health Research, Avda Catalunya 21, 46020 Valencia, Spain
Eur J Pediatr 170:213-22. 2011..Conclusion. This multinational epidemiological study in Europe shows that RV is easily transmitted among household children, with RVGE burden highest among children aged <2 years accessing primary healthcare for acute GE...
- Antibody persistence 12 months after a booster dose of meningococcal-C conjugated vaccine in the second year of lifeJavier Diez-Domingo
Centro Superior de Investigación en Salud Pública, Valencia, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:768-70. 2010..4-616.3) were higher in children receiving the meningococcal serogroup C tetanus toxoid conjugate, compared with 61.5% and serum bactericidal antibody geometric mean titer of 45.1 (95% CI: 28.5-71.3) when MenC-CRM197 conjugate was used...
- Immunogenicity and Safety of H5N1 A/Vietnam/1194/2004 (Clade 1) AS03-adjuvanted prepandemic candidate influenza vaccines in children aged 3 to 9 years: a phase ii, randomized, open, controlled studyJavier Diez-Domingo
Centro Superior de Investigación en Salud Pública CSISP, Area de Investigación en Vacunas, Valencia, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:e35-46. 2010..The development of vaccines against pandemic influenza viruses for use in children is a public health priority...
- A randomized, multicenter, open-label clinical trial to assess the immunogenicity of a meningococcal C vaccine booster dose administered to children aged 14 to 18 monthsJavier Diez-Domingo
CSISP, Centro Superior de Investigacion en Salud Publica Center for Public Health Research, Valencia, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:148-52. 2010..A booster meningococcal C (MenC) vaccine dose is recommended after the first year of life. The objective of this study was to assess its immunogenicity and factors that modify the immunoresponse...
- [Evaluation of the antipyretic safety and accuracy of two pediatric ibuprofen formulations]J Diez Domingo
Centro de Salud de Nazaret Valencia
An Esp Pediatr 53:436-40. 2000..To compare the efficacy and to evaluate the clinical bioequivalence of two different formulations of ibuprofen (suspension and effervescent granules) in febrile children...
- Epidemiology and economic impact of varicella in immunocompetent children in Spain. A nation-wide studyJ Diez-Domingo
Vaccine Institute of Valencia VIVA, C S Nazaret, G V Fernando el Católico 76 E6 Izda, 46008, Valencia, Spain
Vaccine 21:3236-9. 2003..97 days (1.61 if children under 5 years attended day-care facilities; 0.51 if they did not). Costs derived from medical attention totalled 32.5, and social indirect costs were 63.77...
- Epidemiology of invasive streptococcus pneumoniae infections in children in Spain, 1996-1998J Diez-Domingo
Vaccine Institute of Valencia, Research Unit Trinitat, Valencia, Spain
J Infect 45:139-43. 2002..Streptococcus pneumoniae is a significant cause of meningitis and septicemia in early infancy, being associated to a high case-fatality rates and serious sequelae...
- [Use of alternating antipyretics in the treatment of fever in Spain]J Diez Domingo
Centro de Salud de Nazaret, Valencia, Spain
An Esp Pediatr 55:503-10. 2001..To assess the frequency of the use of alternating antipyretics among Spanish pediatricians and to analyze the factors that determine this practice...
- Rotavirus gastroenteritis among children under five years of age in Valencia, SpainJavier Diez-Domingo
Vaccine Area, Center for Public Health Research, Vaccine Institute of Valencia, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 25:455-7. 2006..Eighty percent of rotavirus gastroenteritis occurred during the winter months (January-March). Genotype G1 was detected in 86% of the samples and G4 in the other 14%...
- Seroprevalence of varicella among children and adolescents in Valencia, Spain. Reliability of the parent's reported history and the medical file for identification of potential candidates for vaccinationJ Diez-Domingo
Pediatrics, Centros de Salud, VIVA, Valencia, Spain
Hum Vaccin 1:204-6. 2005..The most effective strategy for varicella vaccination of older children and adolescents in Spain will be to immunize those individuals with a lack of positive (unknown or negative) history of disease...
- [Incidence and cost of hospitalizations for bronchiolitis and respiratory syncytial virus infections in the autonomous community of Valencia in Spain (2001 and 2002)]J Diez Domingo
Centro Superior de Investigación en Salud Pública CSISP Instituto de Vacunas de Valencia VIVA Centro Sanitario Nazaret Valencia España
An Pediatr (Barc) 65:325-30. 2006..To assess the incidence and costs of hospitalizations for bronchiolitis and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) infections the Autonomous Community of Valencia, Spain...
- Incidence of pertussis in persons < or =15 years of age in Valencia, Spain: seroprevalence of antibodies to pertussis toxin (PT) in children, adolescents and adultsJavier Diez-Domingo
Pediatrics, Primary Care, Generalitat Valenciana, and Vaccine Institute of Valencia VIVA, Valencia, Spain
J Infect 49:242-7. 2004..To determine the incidence of pertussis in persons < or =15 years in age in Valencia, Spain. To assess the prevalence of IgG antibodies to pertussis toxin (PT) in children, adolescents and adults...
- Effectiveness of the MF59-adjuvanted influenza vaccine in preventing emergency admissions for pneumonia in the elderly over 64 years of ageJoan Puig-Barbera
Grupo de Trabajo Vacunas CAVA de la Sociedad Valenciana de Medicina Familiar y Comunitaria, Valencia, Spain
Vaccine 23:283-9. 2004....
- 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine given with meningococcal C-tetanus toxoid conjugate and other routine pediatric vaccinations: immunogenicity and safetyFederico Martinon-Torres
Hospital Clinico Universitario de Santiago de Compostela, Spain, and Vaccine Research Unit, Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria de Santiago, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 31:392-9. 2012..In addition, the immunogenicity and safety of PCV13 were assessed...
- Nosocomial rotavirus gastroenteritis in Spain: a multicenter prospective studyM Victoria Gutierrez-Gimeno
Preventive Medicine and Public Health Department, College of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:23-7. 2010..The objective of this study was to assess the incidence of nosocomial rotavirus gastroenteritis among children <2 years of age...
- Epidemiology of herpes zoster infection among patients treated in primary care centres in the Valencian community (Spain)Ana M Cebrián-Cuenca
Centro Superior de Investigaciones en Salud Pública de Valencia CSISP, Av, Cataluña 21, 46020, Valencia, Spain
BMC Fam Pract 11:33. 2010..There is little available data regarding the epidemiology of herpes zoster (HZ) in Spain. This study's main goal was to estimate the annual incidence of HZ in the Autonomous Community of Valencia...
- Risk factors for invasive disease among children in SpainInmaculada Pereiro
Vaccine Institute of Valencia, Primary Care, Area 4 Generalitat, Valenciana, Spain
J Infect 48:320-9. 2004..To identify the risk factors related to invasive disease caused by Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib), Neisseria meningitidis, and Streptococcus pneumoniae...
- Effectiveness of MF59-adjuvanted subunit influenza vaccine in preventing hospitalisations for cardiovascular disease, cerebrovascular disease and pneumonia in the elderlyJoan Puig-Barbera
Fundación de la Sociedad Valenciana de Medicina de Familia y Comunitaria, Valencia, Spain
Vaccine 25:7313-21. 2007..31 [P=0.005] for pneumonia). During peak virus circulation, vaccination with MF59-adjuvanted subunit influenza vaccine was associated with an 87% relative risk reduction in hospitalisation for ACS, 93% for CVA, and 69% for pneumonia...
- Epidemiology and cost of herpes zoster and postherpetic neuralgia among patients treated in primary care centres in the Valencian community of SpainAna M Cebrián-Cuenca
Centro de Salud de Ayora, Avenida Argentina, Ayora, Valencia, Spain
BMC Infect Dis 11:302. 2011..The present study aimed to estimate the clinical and economic burden of HZ and PHN in Valencia (Spain)...
- Burden of paediatric Rotavirus Gastroenteritis (RVGE) and potential benefits of a universal Rotavirus vaccination programme with a pentavalent vaccine in SpainJavier Diez-Domingo
Vaccine Investigation Area, CSISP Centre for Public Health Research, Avda Catalunya 21, Valencia 46020, Spain
BMC Public Health 10:469. 2010..The aim of the study was to assess the health outcomes and the economic impact of a universal rotavirus vaccination programme with RotaTeq, the pentavalent rotavirus vaccine, versus no vaccination programme in Spain...
- Immunogenicity and reactogenicity of a combined adsorbed tetanus toxoid, low dose diphtheria toxoid, five component acellular pertussis and inactivated polio vaccine in six-year-old childrenJavier Diez-Domingo
Pediatria, Centros de Salud, VIVA, Valencia, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 24:219-24. 2005....
- MF59™-adjuvanted seasonal influenza vaccine in young childrenJoan Puig-Barbera
Centro Superior de Investigación en Salud Pública, Centre for Public Health Research, Area of Vaccines Research, Avda Cataluña, 21, 46020 Valencia, Spain
Expert Rev Vaccines 10:1519-28. 2011....
- Influenza Vaccine Effectiveness in Preventing Influenza A(H3N2)-Related Hospitalizations in Adults Targeted for Vaccination by Type of Vaccine: A Hospital-Based Test-Negative Study, 2011-2012 A(H3N2) Predominant Influenza Season, Valencia, SpainJoan Puig-Barbera
Fundación para el Fomento de la Investigación Sanitaria y Biomédica de la Comunitat Valenciana FISABIO, Valencia, Spain Centro de Salud Pública de Castellón, Castellon, Spain
PLoS ONE 9:e112294. 2014..Here, we examined the influenza vaccine effectiveness (IVE) against hospitalization with PCR-confirmed influenza in the predominant A(H3N2) 2011-2012 influenza season...
- Gut microbiota in children vaccinated with rotavirus vaccineRodrigo García-López
Área de Genómica y Salud, Centro Superior de Investigación en Salud Pública CSISP, Avenida de Cataluña 21, 46020 Valencia, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 31:1300-2. 2012..Bacterial diversity in fecal samples was evaluated by pyrosequencing of the 16S rRNA gene and taxonomic analyses using bioinformatics tools. No evidence of such differences was observed...