F J de Abajo
- Risk of upper gastrointestinal tract bleeding associated with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and venlafaxine therapy: interaction with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and effect of acid-suppressing agentsFrancisco J de Abajo
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacovigilance, Spanish Agency for Medicines and Healthcare Products, Campezo 1, Madrid 28022, Spain
Arch Gen Psychiatry 65:795-803. 2008..The wide use of these drugs makes such potential risk a public health concern, and identification of factors that may increase or minimize such risk is necessary...
- Antidepressants and risk of upper gastrointestinal bleedingFrancisco J de Abajo
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacovigilance, Spanish Agency for Medicines and Healthcare Products, Madrid, Spain
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 98:304-10. 2006..The increased risk may be of particular relevance when the SSRIs are associated with NSAIDs as well as low-dose aspirin...
- [Trends of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs use in Spain, 1990 through 2003]F J de Abajo
División de Farmacoepidemiología y Farmacovigilancia, Agencia Española de Medicamentos y Productos Sanitarios, Ministerio de Sanidad y Consumo, Madrid, Espana
Aten Primaria 36:424-33. 2005..To know the trends of supply, consumption and pattern of use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) in Spain from 1990 through 2003, as well as their costs...
- Labor induction with dinoprostone or oxytocine and postpartum disseminated intravascular coagulation: a hospital-based case-control studyFrancisco J de Abajo
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacovigilance, Agencia Española de Medicamentos y Productos Sanitarios, Madrid, Spain
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:1637-43. 2004..This study was undertaken to test the hypothesis of an association between pharmacologic agents used for labor induction, in particular dinoprostone, and postpartum disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC)...
- Acute and clinically relevant drug-induced liver injury: a population based case-control studyFrancisco J de Abajo
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacovigilance, Spanish Medicines Agency, Madrid, Spain
Br J Clin Pharmacol 58:71-80. 2004..To provide quantitative information about the absolute and relative risks of acute and clinically relevant drug-induced liver injury...
- [Helsinki Declaration VI: a necessary revision, but sufficient?]F J de Abajo
División de Farmacoepidemiología y Farmacovigilancia Agencia Española del Medicamento Ctra Majadahonda a Pozuelo, Km 2 28220 Majadahonda, Madrid
Rev Esp Salud Publica 75:407-19. 2001..The amendment could not be put off longer. In the present paper, I analyse the main shortcomings of the Declaration before the 2000 amendment and to what extent the fifth revision has corrected them...
- Risk of upper gastrointestinal bleeding and perforation associated with low-dose aspirin as plain and enteric-coated formulationsF J de Abajo
División de Farmacoepidemiología y Farmacovigilancia, Agencia Española del Medicamento, Madrid, Spain
BMC Clin Pharmacol 1:1. 2001..The coating of aspirin has been proposed as an approach to reduce such a risk. To test this hypothesis, we carried out a population based case-control study...
- Association between selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and upper gastrointestinal bleeding: population based case-control studyF J de Abajo
División de Farmacoepidemiología y Farmacovigilancia, Agencia Española del Medicamento, 28220 Majadahonda, Madrid, Spain
BMJ 319:1106-9. 1999..To examine the association between selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and risk of upper gastrointestinal bleeding...
- Association between aspirin and upper gastrointestinal complications: systematic review of epidemiologic studiesL A Garcia Rodriguez
Centro Español de Investigación Farmacoepidemiológica, Madrid, Spain
Br J Clin Pharmacol 52:563-71. 2001..This study summarizes the relative risk (RR) for serious upper gastrointestinal complications (UGIC) associated with aspirin exposure in general and with specific aspirin doses and formulations in particular...
- Risk of ventricular arrhythmias associated with nonsedating antihistamine drugsF J de Abajo
Area de Farmacovigilancia, Centro Nacional de Farmacobiologia, Madrid, Spain
Br J Clin Pharmacol 47:307-13. 1999..The effects of age, sex, dose, duration of treatment, and the interaction with P450 inhibitor drugs were also examined...