Antonio Ignacio Cuesta-Vargas
- Physical fitness profile in adults with intellectual disabilities: differences between levels of sport practiceAntonio Ignacio Cuesta-Vargas
Department of Physiotherapy, University of Malaga, Av de Martiricos s n, 29071 Malaga, Spain
Res Dev Disabil 32:788-94. 2011..The findings in this study illustrate an unclear and inconclusive relation between the scores and the declared level of physical activity, maybe due to the context in which participants for the study were selected...
- Differences in trunk accelerometry between frail and non-frail elderly persons in functional tasksAlejandro Galan-Mercant
Physiotherapy Department, Faculty of Health Sciences, IBIMA, Universidad de Malaga, Av Arquitecto Peñalosa s n Teatinos Campus Expansion, 29009 Malaga, Spain
BMC Res Notes 7:100. 2014..Secondly, to analyze the differences and performance of the variance between the study groups (frail and non-frail).This is a cross-sectional study of 30 subjects aged over 65 years, 14 frail subjects and 16 non-frail subjects...
- Prediction of maximal surface electromyographically based voluntary contractions of erector spinae muscles from sonographic measurements during isometric contractionsAntonio I Cuesta-Vargas
Department of Physiotherapy, University of Malaga, Paseo de Martiricos, 29071 Malaga, Spain
J Ultrasound Med 33:399-404. 2014..These findings could be essential for developing a regression equation that could estimate the level of muscle activation from changes in the muscle architecture. ..
- Relationship of moderate and low isometric lumbar extension through architectural and muscular activity variables: a cross sectional studyAntonio I Cuesta-Vargas
School of Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Health, Queensland University of Technology QUT, Victoria Park Road, Kelvin Grove QLD 4059, Australia
BMC Med Imaging 13:38. 2013..The aim of this study was analyse the relationship in the response of the ES muscle during isometric moderate and light lumbar isometric extension considering architecture and functional muscle variables...
- Improving Adherence Physical Activity with a Smartphone Application Based on Adults with Intellectual Disabilities (APPCOID)David Pérez-Cruzado
Department of Physiotherapy, University of Malaga, Malaga, Spain
BMC Public Health 13:1173. 2013....
- Analysis of the neuromuscular activity during rising from a chair in water and on dry landA I Cuesta-Vargas
Department of Physiotherapy, University of Malaga, Av de Martiricos s n, 29071, Spain Electronic address
J Electromyogr Kinesiol 23:1446-50. 2013..The purpose of the present study was to analyze the neuromuscular responses during the performance of a sit to stand [STS] task in water and on dry land...
- Hydrotherapy as a recovery strategy after exercise: a pragmatic controlled trialAntonio I Cuesta-Vargas
School of Clinical Science, Faculty of Health Science, Queensland University Technology, Brisbane, Australia
BMC Complement Altern Med 13:180. 2013..Our aim was to evaluate the recovery effects of hydrotherapy after aerobic exercise in cardiovascular, performance and perceived fatigue...
- Criterion-related validity of the foot health status questionnaire regarding strength and plantar pressure measurements in elderly peopleAntonio I Cuesta-Vargas
Department of Psychiatry and Physiotherapy, University of Malaga, Malaga, Spain
Foot Ankle Spec 5:366-73. 2012..The aim of this study was to analyze the Foot Health Status Questionnaire (FHSQ) using functional variable measures (dynamic plantar pressure and foot strength)...
- Obesity effect on a multimodal physiotherapy program for low back pain suffers: patient reported outcomeAntonio I Cuesta-Vargas
Department of Physiotherapy, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Malaga, Malaga, Spain
J Occup Med Toxicol 8:13. 2013..The aim of this study was to compare the effectiveness of an MPP in obese (G1) (body mass index (BMI):≥30) and non-obese (G2) (BMI:<30) patients with CNLBP...
- Effect on health-related quality of life of a multimodal physiotherapy program in patients with chronic musculoskeletal disordersAntonio Ignacio Cuesta-Vargas
School of Clinical Science, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
Health Qual Life Outcomes 11:19. 2013..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of an 8-week multimodal physical therapy program on general health state and health-related quality of life in patients with chronic musculoskeletal disorders...
- Clinical dimensions of fibromyalgia symptoms and development of a combined index of severity: the CODI indexAntonio Cuesta-Vargas
Departamento de Psiquiatría y Fisioterapia, Universidad de Malaga, Malaga, Spain
Qual Life Res 22:153-60. 2013....
- A confirmatory factor analysis of the fitness of adults with intellectual disabilitiesAntonio Ignacio Cuesta-Vargas
Department of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Malaga, Malaga, Spain
Disabil Rehabil 35:375-81. 2013..To test whether a new model including nine variables can be used to test the fitness of adults with intellectual disabilities...
- Deep water running and general practice in primary care for non-specific low back pain versus general practice alone: randomized controlled trialA I Cuesta-Vargas
Department of Physical Therapy, School of Medicine, University of Malaga, 29071 Malaga, Spain
Clin Rheumatol 31:1073-8. 2012..For patients with NSCLBP, the addition of DWR to GP was more effective in reducing pain and disability than standard GP alone, suggesting the effectiveness and acceptability of this approach with this group of patients...
- A pragmatic community-based intervention of multimodal physiotherapy plus deep water running (DWR) for fibromyalgia syndrome: a pilot studyAntonio I Cuesta-Vargas
Department of Physiotherapy, Faculty of Health Science, University of Malaga, Av Martiricos s n, Malaga, Spain
Clin Rheumatol 30:1455-62. 2011....
- Aerobic fitness testing in chronic nonspecific low back pain: a comparison of deep-water running with cycle ergometryAntonio Ignacio Cuesta-Vargas
Department of Physical Therapy, School of Medicine, University of Malaga, Malaga, Spain
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 90:1030-5. 2011....
- Exercise, manual therapy, and education with or without high-intensity deep-water running for nonspecific chronic low back pain: a pragmatic randomized controlled trialAntonio Ignacio Cuesta-Vargas
Department of Physical Therapy, School of Medicine, University of Malaga, Spain
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 90:526-34; quiz 535-8. 2011..The aim of this study on persons with nonspecific chronic low back pain was to evaluate the effect of a multimodal physical therapy program with or without the addition of deep-water running on pain, physical disability, and general health...
- Adaptation and psychometric properties of the self-efficacy/social support for activity for persons with intellectual disability scale (SE/SS-AID) in a Spanish sampleAntonio Ignacio Cuesta-Vargas
Department of Physiotherapy, University of Malaga, Malaga, Spain
J Intellect Dev Disabil 38:172-6. 2013..In this study we aimed to develop a Spanish version of the Self-Efficacy/Social Support Scales for Activity for persons with Intellectual Disability (SE/SS-AID)...
- Effectiveness of the physical activity promotion programme on the quality of life and the cardiopulmonary function for inactive people: randomized controlled trialRocío Martín-Valero
Department of Physiotherapy, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Malaga, Av Martiricos s n, Malaga 29009, Spain
BMC Public Health 13:127. 2013..The purpose is to assess cardiopulmonary function outcomes and quality of life values in inactive people that participated in the Physical Activity Promotion Programme (PAPP) against the control group that did not perform this program...
- The Piper Fatigue Scale-Revised: translation and psychometric evaluation in Spanish-speaking breast cancer survivorsIrene Cantarero-Villanueva
Physical Therapy Department, Faculty of Health Sciences, Universidad de Granada, Avda Madrid, S N, 18071, Granada, Spain
Qual Life Res 23:271-6. 2014..The primary aim of this study was to translate and evaluate psychometrically for the first time a Spanish version of the Piper Fatigue Scale-Revised (S-PFS-R)...