- Citicoline protects hippocampal neurons against apoptosis induced by brain beta-amyloid deposits plus cerebral hypoperfusion in ratsX A Alvarez
EuroEspes Biomedical Research Center, A Coruna, Spain
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 21:535-40. 1999..01 vs. CDP0) in a dose-related manner. Based on these results, it was concluded that citicoline exerts antiapoptotic, neuroprotective and antiamnesic effects in conditions of neurodegeneration induced by A beta 4 plus hypoperfusion...
- Blood levels of histamine, IL-1 beta, and TNF-alpha in patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer diseaseX A Alvarez
EuroEspes Research Center, Santa Marta de Babío, A Coruna, Spain
Mol Chem Neuropathol 29:237-52. 1996..63, p < 0.01). These data suggest a dysfunction in cytokine and histamine regulation in AD, probably indicating changes associated with inflammatory processes...
- Double-blind placebo-controlled study with citicoline in APOE genotyped Alzheimer's disease patients. Effects on cognitive performance, brain bioelectrical activity and cerebral perfusionX A Alvarez
EuroEspes Biomedical Research Center, A Coruna, Barcelona, Spain
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 21:633-44. 1999....
- Effects of Cerebrolysin on in vitro primary microglial and astrocyte rat cell culturesV R Lombardi
Biotechnology Division, EuroEspes, Basic and Clinical Neurosciences Research Center, La Coruna, Spain
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 21:331-8. 1999....
- Characterization of cytokine production, screening of lymphocyte subset patterns and in vitro apoptosis in healthy and Alzheimer's Disease (AD) individualsV R Lombardi
Biotechnology Division, EuroEspes, Basic and Clinical Neurosciences Research Center, Bergondo La Coruña, Spain
J Neuroimmunol 97:163-71. 1999....
- 19/20 kDa low molecular weight serum protein pattern: a novel potential biochemical prognostic marker for different types of dementiaV R Lombardi
Department of Biotechnology, EuroEspes, Biomedical Research Center, La Coruna, Spain
Neurosci Lett 260:61-4. 1999..The findings suggest that two proteins of 19 and 20kDa molecular weight, respectively, might be associated with disease progression in different types of dementia...
- Microglial activation induced by factor(s) contained in sera from Alzheimer-related ApoE genotypesV R Lombardi
EuroEspes Biomedical Research Center, Division of Biotechnology, Santa Marta de Babío, La Coruna, Spain
J Neurosci Res 54:539-53. 1998..These results strongly suggest that primary in vitro microglial cell cultures can be used as a screening model to test human sera as well as the effect of new potential drugs aimed at down-regulating microglia activation...
- Neuroprotective role of S12024 against neurodegeneration in the rat dentate gyrusJ J Miguel-Hidalgo
Department of Basic Neuroscience, EuroEspes Biomedical Research Center, Santa Marta de Babío, La Coruna, Spain
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 8:203-8. 1998....
- APOE-induced microglial activation: an in vitro assay to screen sera from Alzheimer's disease patients and novel therapeutic compoundsV R Lombardi
EuroEspes Biomedical Research Center, Division of Biotechnology, Bergondo, La Coruna, Spain
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 20:377-86. 1998....
- Plasticity of Congo red staining displayed by subpopulations of neurons within the rat central nervous systemJ J Miguel-Hidalgo
Department of Basic Neuroscience, EuroEspes Biomedical Research Center, Santa Marta de Babío, E 15166 Bergondo, La Coruna, Spain
Cell Tissue Res 293:75-86. 1998..Therefore, it is proposed that neurons labelled with the present Congo red technique might be in a reversible degenerative state or represent a particular physiological state in some areas of the central nervous system...
- Beta-amyloid(1-40)-induced neurodegeneration in the rat hippocampal neurons of the CA1 subfieldJ J Miguel-Hidalgo
Department of Basic Neuroscience, EuroEspes Biomedical Research Center, Santa Marta de Babío, Bergondo, La Coruna, Spain
Acta Neuropathol 95:455-65. 1998....
- Neuropeptide dietary supplement N-PEP-12 enhances cognitive function and activates brain bioelectrical activity in healthy elderly subjectsX A Alvarez
Department of Neuropharmacology, EuroEspes Biomedical Research Center, Santa Marta de Babío, Bergonodo, A Coruna, Spain
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 27:483-7. 2005..Taken together, these data suggest that N-PEP-12 might be a reliable dietary supplement to be investigated for improving and, perhaps, maintaining brain function among healthy older adults...
- A 24-week, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of three dosages of Cerebrolysin in patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer's diseaseX A Alvarez
Euroespes Biomedical Research Centre, Santa Maria de Babio, Bergondo, La Coruna, Spain
Eur J Neurol 13:43-54. 2006..The percentage of patients reporting adverse events was similar across all study groups. Cere treatment was well tolerated and led to significant, dose-dependent improvement of cognition and global clinical impression...
- Genomics and phenotypic profiles in dementia: implications for pharmacological treatmentR Cacabelos
EuroEspes Biomedical Research Center, Institute for CNS Disorders, EuroEspes Biotechnology EBIOTEC, Coruna, Spain
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 26:421-44. 2004....