- Mediterranean diet, olive oil and cancerRamon Colomer
Medical Oncology, Institut Catala d Oncologia, Hospital de Girona Dr Josep Trueta, Girona, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 8:15-21. 2006..Indeed, OA-induced transcriptional repression of HER2 oncogene may represent a novel genomic explanation linking "Mediterranean diet", olive oil and cancer as it seems to equally operate in various types of Her-2/neu-related carcinomas...
- Gemcitabine in combination with paclitaxel for the treatment of metastatic breast cancerRamon Colomer
Institut Català d Oncologia Hospital Dr, Josep TruetaGirona, 17007, Spain
Womens Health (Lond Engl) 1:323-9. 2005..In addition, gemcitabine/paclitaxel is being evaluated in two large adjuvant multicenter studies...
- Green tea catechin inhibits fatty acid synthase without stimulating carnitine palmitoyltransferase-1 or inducing weight loss in experimental animalsTeresa Puig
Girona Biomedical Research Institute IdIBGi and Catalan Institute of Oncology, Dr Josep Trueta University Hospital, Girona, Spain
Anticancer Res 28:3671-6. 2008..The use of FASN inhibitors has been limited until now by anorexia and weight loss, which is associated with the stimulation of fatty acid oxidation...
- Olive oil's bitter principle reverses acquired autoresistance to trastuzumab (Herceptin) in HER2-overexpressing breast cancer cellsJavier A Menendez
Catalan Institute of Oncology ICO Health Services Division of Catalonia, Spain
BMC Cancer 7:80. 2007..e., oleic acid) have been recently described, the anti-breast cancer activities of EVOO non-glyceridic constituents--which consist of at least 30 phenolic compounds--remained to be evaluated...
- Fatty acid metabolism in breast cancer cells: differential inhibitory effects of epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) and C75Teresa Puig
Fundació d Investigació Biomèdica de Girona Dr Josep Trueta IdIBGi, Hospital Universitari de Girona Dr Josep Trueta, Girona, Spain
Breast Cancer Res Treat 109:471-9. 2008..Our results establish EGCG as a potent and specific inhibitor of fatty acid synthesis (FASN), which may hold promise as a target-directed anti-cancer drug...
- A cytotoxic ribonuclease reduces the expression level of P-glycoprotein in multidrug-resistant cell linesJessica Castro
Laboratori d Enginyeria de Proteïnes, Departament de Biologia, Facultat de Ciencies, Universitat de Girona, Campus de Montilivi, Maria Aurèlia Campmany, 69, 17071, Girona, Spain
Invest New Drugs 30:880-8. 2012..In conclusion, PE5 is a cytotoxic ribonuclease that cleaves nuclear RNA and decreases the expression of P-glycoprotein, showing anticancer activity in multidrug-resistant cell lines...
- An update of the mechanisms of resistance to EGFR-tyrosine kinase inhibitors in breast cancer: Gefitinib (Iressa) -induced changes in the expression and nucleo-cytoplasmic trafficking of HER-ligands (Review)Laura Ferrer-Soler
Girona Biomedical Research Institute IdIBGi, Dr Josep Trueta University Hospital of Girona, Girona, Catalonia, Spain
Int J Mol Med 20:3-10. 2007....
- Gemcitabine and paclitaxel in metastatic breast cancer: a reviewRamon Colomer
Medical Oncology Division, Institut Catala d Oncologia, Girona, Spain
Oncology (Williston Park) 18:8-12. 2004..Triplet combinations, in which an anthracycline is added to gemcitabine/paclitaxel, are being explored in the metastatic and neoadjuvant settings...