- Biweekly paclitaxel plus gemcitabine in advanced breast cancer: phase II trial and predictive value of HER2 extracellular domainR Colomer
Institut Catala d Oncologia, Hospital Dr Josep Trueta, Girona, Spain
Ann Oncol 15:201-6. 2004..We wanted to assess the toxicity and efficacy of paclitaxel plus gemcitabine in advanced breast cancer and to confirm whether circulating HER2 extracellular domain (ECD) correlates with treatment response...
- Gemcitabine and paclitaxel in metastatic breast cancer: a reviewRamon Colomer
Medical Oncology Division, Institut Catala d Oncologia, Girona, Spain
Oncology (Williston Park) 18:8-12. 2004..Triplet combinations, in which an anthracycline is added to gemcitabine/paclitaxel, are being explored in the metastatic and neoadjuvant settings...
- N-3 fatty acids, cancer and cachexia: a systematic review of the literatureRamon Colomer
Medical Oncology Service, Catalan Institute of Oncology, Girona, Spain
Br J Nutr 97:823-31. 2007..Our findings suggest that administration of n-3 FA (EPA and DHA) in doses of at least 1.5 g/day for a prolonged period of time to patients with advanced cancer is associated with an improvement in clinical, biological and QoL parameters...
- Green tea catechin inhibits fatty acid synthase without stimulating carnitine palmitoyltransferase-1 or inducing weight loss in experimental animalsTeresa Puig
Girona Biomedical Research Institute IdIBGi and Catalan Institute of Oncology, Dr Josep Trueta University Hospital, Girona, Spain
Anticancer Res 28:3671-6. 2008..The use of FASN inhibitors has been limited until now by anorexia and weight loss, which is associated with the stimulation of fatty acid oxidation...
- An update of the mechanisms of resistance to EGFR-tyrosine kinase inhibitors in breast cancer: Gefitinib (Iressa) -induced changes in the expression and nucleo-cytoplasmic trafficking of HER-ligands (Review)Laura Ferrer Soler
Girona Biomedical Research Institute IdIBGi, Dr Josep Trueta University Hospital of Girona, Girona, Catalonia, Spain
Int J Mol Med 20:3-10. 2007....
- A cytotoxic ribonuclease reduces the expression level of P-glycoprotein in multidrug-resistant cell linesJessica Castro
Laboratori d Enginyeria de Proteïnes, Departament de Biologia, Facultat de Ciencies, Universitat de Girona, Campus de Montilivi, Maria Aurèlia Campmany, 69, 17071, Girona, Spain
Invest New Drugs 30:880-8. 2012..In conclusion, PE5 is a cytotoxic ribonuclease that cleaves nuclear RNA and decreases the expression of P-glycoprotein, showing anticancer activity in multidrug-resistant cell lines...
- Mediterranean diet, olive oil and cancerRamon Colomer
Medical Oncology, Institut Catala d Oncologia, Hospital de Girona Dr Josep Trueta, Girona, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 8:15-21. 2006....
- Fatty acid metabolism in breast cancer cells: differential inhibitory effects of epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) and C75Teresa Puig
Fundació d Investigació Biomèdica de Girona Dr Josep Trueta IdIBGi, Hospital Universitari de Girona Dr Josep Trueta, Girona, Spain
Breast Cancer Res Treat 109:471-9. 2008..Our results establish EGCG as a potent and specific inhibitor of fatty acid synthesis (FASN), which may hold promise as a target-directed anti-cancer drug...
- Interstitial pneumonitis after oxaliplatin treatment in colorectal cancerXavier Hernández Yagüe
Oncologia Medica, Institut Catala d Oncologia, Girona, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 7:515-7. 2005..The patient died 20 days after admission due to irreversible respiratory failure. This is the first case reported in the literature of interstitial pneumonitis related to single-agent oxaliplatin administration...