Affiliation: Hospital 12 de Octubre
Location: Madrid, Spain
Chief of the Hospital Registry of Tumours. Hospital 12 de Octubre. Madrid. Spain.
- Moreno Gonzalez E, Landa Garcia I, Calleja Kempin I, Gomez Gutierrez M, Jover Navalón J, Arias Diaz J, et al. [Necrosis of the bile ducts as an expression of uncontrollable rejection in the liver transplant between ABO incompatible groups]. Rev Esp Enferm Apar Dig. 1989;75:685-9 pubmed..It is concluded that the use of incompatible grafts can save the patient's life in acute irreversible liver failure, but in most cases retransplantation may be necessary as the definitive treatment of postoperative complications. ..
- Pérez Carreras M, Canga F, Blasco A, Colina F, Garfia C, Rodriguez S, et al. [Granular cell tumor of the esophagus]. Rev Esp Enferm Dig. 1994;85:199-202 pubmed..In our case, the endoscopy resection was not possible because the state of the patient, although it is the most reasonable therapeutic choice in the most cases. ..
- Solis Herruzo J, Morillas J, Vargas J, Colina F, Castellano G, Muñoz Yagüe T, et al. [Serum aminoterminal procollagen type-III peptide in the diagnosis of chronic hepatopathies]. Med Clin (Barc). 1992;99:1-5 pubmed..This test is of use for evaluating chronic hepatopathies although the levels reflect the activity of inflammation better than the degree of hepatic fibrosis. ..
- Perea J, Rodriguez Y, Rueda D, Marín J, Díaz Tasende J, Alvaro E, et al. Early-onset colorectal cancer is an easy and effective tool to identify retrospectively Lynch syndrome. Ann Surg Oncol. 2011;18:3285-91 pubmed publisher..Taking into account the location and histology features of the tumor, and the familial history of the cases, we notably increase the a priori probability of detecting a germline MMR mutation. ..
- Colina F, López Carreira M, Moreno E, Garcia I, Corral M, Fiaño C, et al. A clinopathologic review of 8 liver graft primary nonfunctions. Hepatogastroenterology. 1995;42:212-21 pubmed..In conclusion, an acute progressive microvascular steatosis developed in this primary nonfunction series. No specific etiopathogenic factors were identified. ..
- Fernández Miranda C, Pérez Carreras M, Colina F, López Alonso G, Vargas C, Solis Herruzo J. A pilot trial of fenofibrate for the treatment of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Dig Liver Dis. 2008;40:200-5 pubmed publisher..In patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, treatment with fenofibrate is safe and improves metabolic syndrome, glucose and liver tests. However, its effects on liver histology are minimal. ..
- Gomez R, Moreno E, Loinaz C, Gonzalez Pinto I, Garcia I, Marcello M, et al. [Liver transplantation using grafts from donors over 65]. Rev Esp Enferm Dig. 1995;87:217-20 pubmed..Donor age should not be an exclusion criteria. Grafts from older donors (over 65 years old) may be considered safe and will permit to increase the number of OLT. ..
- Gomez R, Colina F, Moreno E, Gonzalez I, Loinaz C, Garcia I, et al. Etiopathogenesis and prognosis of centrilobular necrosis in hepatic grafts. J Hepatol. 1994;21:441-6 pubmed..In conclusion, these findings indicate that centrilobular necrosis is a histopathological sign associated with poor prognosis in most hepatic grafts.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Vegh I, Santiuste A, Colina F, Bor L, Bermejo C, Aragón A, et al. Relationship between biomarker expression and allelic alteration in esophageal carcinoma. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2007;22:2303-9 pubmed..The data suggest that overexpression of tissue biomarkers associated with allelic alterations may have potential prognostic implications with different behavior in esophagus cancer. ..
- Fernandez Cotarelo M, Guerra Vales J, Colina F, De la Cruz J. Prognostic factors in cancer of unknown primary site. Tumori. 2010;96:111-6 pubmed..The identification of prognostic factors that affect survival can help clinicians find a better approach to such cases in terms of diagnostic and therapeutic management...
- Menendez P, Padilla D, Cubo T, Villarejo P, Gambi D, Menéndez J, et al. Biological behavior due to cell proliferation markers of gastrointestinal stromal tumors. Hepatogastroenterology. 2011;58:76-80 pubmed..033). Ki67 could be considered a prognostic marker for both relapse and mortality. Concerning high risk GIST, the usefulness the p53 protein and Ki67 nuclear antigen markers was also evident concerning relapse and mortality. ..
- García Monzón C, Majano P, Solis J, Rodriguez S, Colina F, Lopez Botet M, et al. Intrahepatic enhanced expression of beta2-microglobulin conformational epitope in acute liver allograft rejection: evidence of modulation by glucocorticoids. Dig Dis Sci. 1998;43:1755-62 pubmed
- Morales M, Campo C, Castellano G, Colina F, Andres A, Fuertes A, et al. Clinical implications of the presence of antibodies to hepatitis C after renal transplantation. Transplant Proc. 1992;24:78-80 pubmed
- Ibarrola C, Castellano V, Colina F. Focal hyperplastic hepatocellular nodules in hepatic venous outflow obstruction: a clinicopathological study of four patients and 24 nodules. Histopathology. 2004;44:172-9 pubmed..In their differential diagnosis, the clinicopathological context in which they occur is of paramount importance and should allow recognition that those resembling adenomas may not be true neoplasms. ..
- Solís Herruzo J, Pérez Carreras M, Rivas E, Fernández Vázquez I, Garfia C, Bernardos E, et al. Factors associated with the presence of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis in patients with chronic hepatitis C. Am J Gastroenterol. 2005;100:1091-8 pubmed..We suggest that overweight-related factors might induce NASH in CHC patients. ..
- Bujanda L, Sarasqueta C, Hijona E, Hijona L, Cosme A, Gil I, et al. Colorectal cancer prognosis twenty years later. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:862-7 pubmed..001). Survival in colorectal cancer patients has doubled over the past 20 years. This increase seems to be partly due to the generalization in the administration of chemotherapy and to the decrease of post surgical mortality. ..
- Muñoz Yagüe M, Marin J, Colina F, Ibarrola C, López Alonso G, Martin M, et al. Chronic primary intestinal pseudo-obstruction from visceral myopathy. Rev Esp Enferm Dig. 2006;98:292-302 pubmed..The activity of enzyme complexes in the mitochondrial respiratory chain, and of thymidine phosphorylase was normal. No mitochondrial DNA changes were seen. ..
- Quintero E, Castells A, Bujanda L, Cubiella J, Salas D, Lanas A, et al. Colonoscopy versus fecal immunochemical testing in colorectal-cancer screening. N Engl J Med. 2012;366:697-706 pubmed publisher..Funded by Instituto de Salud Carlos III and others; ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT00906997.). ..
- García Ruiz I, Rodríguez Juan C, Díaz Sanjuán T, Del Hoyo P, Colina F, Muñoz Yagüe T, et al. Uric acid and anti-TNF antibody improve mitochondrial dysfunction in ob/ob mice. Hepatology. 2006;44:581-91 pubmed..Increased hepatic TNF and iNOS expression might enhance peroxynitrite formation and inhibition of MRC complexes. ..
- Morales Gutierrez C, Vegh I, Colina F, Gomez Camara A, Ignacio Landa J, Ballesteros D, et al. Survival of patients with colorectal carcinoma: possible prognostic value of tissular carbohydrate antigen 19.9 determination. Cancer. 1999;86:1675-81 pubmed..Moreover, quantitative cytosol tumor marker measurement is an easy and highly effective method for determining the prognoses of CRC patients. ..
- Gomez R, Moreno E, Colina F, Loinaz C, Gonzalez Pinto I, Lumbreras C, et al. Steroid withdrawal is safe and beneficial in stable cyclosporine-treated liver transplant patients. J Hepatol. 1998;28:150-6 pubmed..We consider that AZA therapy is not necessary unless drastic reduction of CsA levels is required because of renal dysfunction. ..
- Loinaz C, Lumbreras C, Gonzalez Pinto I, Colina F, Gomez R, Fuertes A, et al. High incidence of posttransplant hepatitis and chronic rejection associated with hepatitis C virus infection in liver transplant recipients. Transplant Proc. 1995;27:1217-8 pubmed
- Castellano G, Garfia C, Gomez Coronado D, Arenas J, Manzanares J, Colina F, et al. Diffuse fatty liver in familial heterozygous hypobetalipoproteinemia. J Clin Gastroenterol. 1997;25:379-82 pubmed..Familial heterozygous hypobetalipoproteinemia should be ruled out in patients with unexplained hepatic steatosis. ..
- Franco A, Martinez P, Rodriguez S, Colina F, Garcia E, Rodrigo M, et al. Liver adenomatosis. Rev Esp Enferm Dig. 2003;95:663, 662 pubmed
- Muñoz de Bustillo E, Ibarrola C, Andres A, Colina F, Morales J. Hepatitis-B-virus-related fibrosing cholestatic hepatitis after renal transplantation with acute graft failure following interferon-alpha therapy. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 1998;13:1574-6 pubmed
- Sánchez Pobre P, Gonzalez C, Paz E, Colina F, Castellano G, Muñoz Yagüe T, et al. Chronic hepatitis C and autoimmune cholangitis: a case study and literature review. Dig Dis Sci. 2002;47:1224-9 pubmed..One year of treatment with ursodeoxycholic acid returned the liver tests to the normal range but the liver lesions remained unchanged. ..
- Fernandez I, Castellano G, Canga F, Colina F, Garcia H, Fuertes A, et al. [A comparative randomized controlled study of the efficacy of interferon alfa-2b and interferon alfa-2a in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C]. Gastroenterol Hepatol. 1995;18:66-72 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Gomez R, Moreno E, Colina F, Gonzalez I, Loinaz C, Garcia I, et al. Liver transplantation in patients with Budd-Chiari syndrome. Transpl Int. 1995;8:312-6 pubmed
- Colina F, Solis Herruzo J, Muñoz Yagüe M, Vazquez G, Perez Barrios A. Collagenous colitis: the clinical and morphological features. Postgrad Med J. 1982;58:390-5 pubmed
- Fernandez I, Castellano G, de Salamanca R, Colina F, Gomez de la Camara A, Moran M, et al. Porphyria cutanea tarda as a predictor of poor response to interferon alfa therapy in chronic hepatitis C. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2003;38:314-9 pubmed..In conclusion, patients with chronic hepatitis C and PCT rarely responded to IFNalpha treatment. ..
- Colina F, Mollejo M, Moreno E, Alberti N, Garcia I, Gomez Sanz R, et al. Effectiveness of histopathological diagnoses in dysfunction of hepatic transplantation. Review of 146 histopathological studies from 53 transplants. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1991;115:998-1005 pubmed..3) There is no specific biochemical pattern to differentiate these causes. This may be due to the frequent combination of etiological factors in every dysfunction episode. ..
- Ludwig J, Colina F, Poterucha J. Granulomas in primary sclerosing cholangitis. Liver. 1995;15:307-12 pubmed
- Morales J, Munoz M, Castellano G, Colina F, Fuertes A, Andres A, et al. Impact of hepatitis C in long-functioning renal transplants: a clinicopathological follow-up. Transplant Proc. 1993;25:1450-3 pubmed
- Jimenez L, Teruel A, Mezquita S, Martinez J, Colina F. Obstructive jaundice due to hepatocarcinoma with intraductal growth. Report of a successful resection. HPB Surg. 1990;2:73-6 pubmed..Survival after operation was 13 months. Other similar cases reported in the literature are reviewed. ..
- Moreno E, Gomez R, Garcia I, Pinto I, Loinaz C, Colina F, et al. Biochemical monitoring and its predictive value in the immediate postoperative outcome of liver grafts: analysis of 28 parameters. Transplant Proc. 1992;24:145 pubmed
- Lumbreras C, Otero J, Herrero J, Gomez R, Lizasoain M, Aguado J, et al. Ganciclovir prophylaxis decreases frequency and severity of cytomegalovirus disease in seropositive liver transplant recipients treated with OKT3 monoclonal antibodies. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1993;37:2490-2 pubmed..Leukopenia was a frequent (32%) side effect of ganciclovir administration. ..
- Moreno Gonzalez E, Loinaz C, Garcia I, Lumbreras C, Gomez R, Moraleda G, et al. Liver transplantation in chronic viral B and C hepatitis. J Hepatol. 1993;17 Suppl 3:S116-22 pubmed..Hepatitis C recurrence in the graft seems also to be common, and further studies of its pathobiology are needed. ..
- Castellvi Bel S, Ruiz Ponte C, Fernández Rozadilla C, Abuli A, Muñoz J, Bessa X, et al. Seeking genetic susceptibility variants for colorectal cancer: the EPICOLON consortium experience. Mutagenesis. 2012;27:153-9 pubmed publisher..Finishing their own pangenomic study and performing whole-exome sequencing in selected CRC samples are among EPICOLON future research prospects. ..
- Ibarrola C, Rodriguez Pinilla M, Valiño C, Gomez Casado E, Garcia de la Torre J, Rodriguez Cuellar E, et al. An unusual expression of hyperplastic gastropathy (Menetrier type) in twins. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2003;15:441-5 pubmed..These two cases suggest the possibility of a genetic predisposition for this condition. ..
- Muñoz de Bustillo E, Ibarrola C, Colina F, Castellano G, Fuertes A, Andres A, et al. Fibrosing cholestatic hepatitis in hepatitis C virus-infected renal transplant recipients. J Am Soc Nephrol. 1998;9:1109-13 pubmed..Both HCV and AZA could play a concurrent role in the pathogenesis of this severe complication after RT. ..
- Loinaz C, Gomez R, Gonzalez Pinto I, Jimenez C, Manzanera M, Ochando F, et al. A decade of liver transplantation in primary liver tumors. Transplant Proc. 1998;30:3296-7 pubmed
- Varona J, Guerra J, Salamanca J, Colina F, Lopez G, Morales M. Pseudomyxoma peritonei: a clinicopathologic analysis and follow-up of 21 patients. Hepatogastroenterology. 2005;52:812-6 pubmed..In most cases the histology is malignant. The prognosis is bad with a mortality greater than 60% at 5 years. ..
- Romano D, Jimenez C, Rodriguez F, Loinaz C, Colina F, Urena M, et al. Orthotopic liver transplantation in alcoholic liver cirrhosis. Transplant Proc. 1999;31:2491-3 pubmed
- Salces I, Vegh I, Rodríguez Muñoz S, Colina F, Perez A, Soto S, et al. Tissue CA-19.9 content in colorectal adenomas and its value in the assessment of dysplasia. Rev Esp Enferm Dig. 2004;96:246-54 pubmed..we concluded that the measurement of CA-19.9 content in adenomatous polyps may be useful to classify these tumors and confirm the feasibility to separate adenomas into two groups: low and high risk of malignant change. ..
- Sánchez Pobre P, Castellano G, Colina F, Dominguez P, Rodriguez S, Canga F, et al. [Autoimmune cholangitis]. Gastroenterol Hepatol. 1997;20:474 pubmed
- García Sesma A, Jimenez C, Loinaz C, Meneu J, Colina F, Marques E, et al. Kaposi's visceral sarcoma in liver transplant recipients. Transplant Proc. 2003;35:1898-9 pubmed..All three patients were on tacrolimus-steroid therapy, and in one case mycophenolate mofetil was added to treat acute persistent rejection. ..
- Perea J, Justo I, Alvaro E, Lomas M, Tasende J, Marin J, et al. Surgical management of hereditary colorectal cancer: surgery based on molecular analysis and family history. Rev Esp Enferm Dig. 2009;101:536-40 pubmed
- Muñoz de Bustillo E, Benito A, Colina F, Andres A, Dominguez Gil B, Munoz M, et al. Fibrosing cholestatic hepatitis-like syndrome in hepatitis B virus-negative and hepatitis C virus-negative renal transplant recipients. Am J Kidney Dis. 2001;38:640-5 pubmed
- Santos Briz A, Garcia J, Gonzalez C, Colina F. Lipomatous polyposis of the colon. Histopathology. 2001;38:81-3 pubmed
- Loinaz C, Lumbreras C, Domingo M, Gomez R, Gonzalez Pinto I, Jimenez C, et al. Liver transplantation in HBsAg+ patients: results according to patient selection and treatment strategies. Transplant Proc. 1998;30:3305-6 pubmed
- Morales J, Colina F, Arteaga J, Barrientos A, Millet V, Ruilope L, et al. Clinical implications of the presence of refractile particles in the liver of haemodialysis patients. Proc Eur Dial Transplant Assoc. 1983;19:265-9 pubmed..Its presence was not constantly associated with morphological lesions of the liver. We believe that the deposition of this material could be a fortuitous finding with uncertain clinical implications. ..
- Sánchez Pobre P, López Ríos Moreno F, Colina F, Yela C, Manzano M, Rodriguez S, et al. [Eosinophilic cholecystitis: an infrequent cause of cholecystectomy]. Gastroenterol Hepatol. 1997;20:21-3 pubmed..Here we report an eosinophilic cholecystitis gallstone-associated case, the only one with this histopathologic diagnosis among 5,537 cholecystectomies made in our hospital in the last years. ..
- Morales J, Prieto C, Colina F, Andres A, Moreno F, Rodicio J. Does ciclosporin induce clinical remission of dialysis-acquired active chronic hepatitis?. Nephron. 1989;51:146-7 pubmed
- Morales J, Campistol J, Castellano G, Andres A, Colina F, Fuertes A, et al. Transplantation of kidneys from donors with hepatitis C antibody into recipients with pre-transplantation anti-HCV. Kidney Int. 1995;47:236-40 pubmed..05). Graft and patient survival in group I (96% and 100%, respectively) were not significantly different from those in group II (93% and 98%, respectively).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Barreales M, Pérez Carreras M, Meizoso T, Garrido M, Masedo A, Colina F, et al. [Epstein-Barr virus infection and acute cholestatic hepatitis]. An Med Interna. 2006;23:483-6 pubmed..Molecular biologic techniques confirmed the presence of EBV in liver tissue however histologic features did not exclude the toxic aetiology or the concomitant effect of drugs and EBV infection. ..
- Sánchez Pobre P, Sáenz López S, Rodriguez S, Sanchez F, Alemany I, Lopez G, et al. Safe endoscopic resection of gangliocytic paraganglioma of the major duodenal papilla. Rev Esp Enferm Dig. 2004;96:660-2; 663-4 pubmed..This is the first case of gangliocytic paraganglioma of the major papilla successfully resected by endoscopic ampullectomy. ..
- Blasco A, Dominguez P, Colina F, Castellano G. [Wilson's disease. A histological review of 7 patients and the value of histological copper positivity in relation to other hepatopathies]. Med Clin (Barc). 1992;98:207-11 pubmed..The sensitivity of the histochemical demonstration of copper with rodanine is high (6/7) but its specificity is low, being positive in 68% of primary biliary cirrhosis and 19% of other cholestatic hepatopathies. ..