Affiliation: Hospital 12 de Octubre
Location: Madrid, Spain
Chief of the Hospital Registry of Tumours. Hospital 12 de Octubre. Madrid. Spain.
- Clinicopathological features of nine cases of non-cirrhotic portal hypertension: current definitions and criteria are inadequateC Ibarrola
Pathology Department, University Hospital Doce de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Histopathology 42:251-64. 2003....
- Incidence of de novo nonmelanoma skin tumors after liver transplantation for alcoholic and nonalcoholic liver diseasesC Jiménez-Romero
Service of General Surgery, Hospital Doce de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Transplant Proc 38:2505-7. 2006..The aim of this study was to compare the incidence of de novo skin tumors (nonmelanoma) in patients who underwent liver transplantation for alcoholic cirrhosis versus nonalcoholic diseases...
- Clinical and histological efficacy of pegylated interferon and ribavirin therapy of recurrent hepatitis C after liver transplantationInmaculada Fernandez
Gastroenterology Department, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Liver Transpl 12:1805-12. 2006..In conclusion, Therapy with PEG-IFN and ribavirin achieved SVR and a significant histological improvement in 23% of liver transplant recipients with chronic hepatitis C. Toxicity is an important drawback of this therapy...
- Prognostic factors in cancer of unknown primary siteMaría José Fernández-Cotarelo
Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital de Mostoles, Madrid, Spain
Tumori 96:111-6. 2010..The identification of prognostic factors that affect survival can help clinicians find a better approach to such cases in terms of diagnostic and therapeutic management...
- [Cardiovascular risk factors and apolipoproteic profile in a group of adults treated in a public health center in Carabobo state, Venezuela]Nelina Ruiz
Departamento de Morfofisiopatología, Escuela de Bioanálisis Sede Carabobo, Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud, Universidad de Carabobo, Valencia, Venezuela
Rev Peru Med Exp Salud Publica 28:247-55. 2011..To compare serum levels of apolipoproteins A-I and B as well as Apo B/Apo A-I and HDL cholesterol/Apo A-I ratios by age, gender and cardiovascular risk factors in individuals treated at a Venezuelan public health center...
- Chronic hepatitis C and autoimmune cholangitis: a case study and literature reviewPilar Sánchez-Pobre
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital 12 de Octubre, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
Dig Dis Sci 47:1224-9. 2002..One year of treatment with ursodeoxycholic acid returned the liver tests to the normal range but the liver lesions remained unchanged...
- Autoimmune enteropathy in an adult with autoimmune multisystemic involvementB Casis
Dept of Gastroenterology, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Scand J Gastroenterol 37:1012-6. 2002..CD4+ and CD8+ lymphocytes were equally distributed in the lamina propria of the small intestine, but CD8+ cells were highly represented among intraepithelial lymphocytes...
- [Bronchogenic carcinoma 2000-2001: characteristics and overall survival]Graciliano Estrada Trigueros
Servicio de Neumologia, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Espana
Arch Bronconeumol 43:594-8. 2007..To describe the clinical characteristics and survival of patients diagnosed with bronchogenic carcinoma during the years 2000 and 2001 in a tertiary level hospital...
- Long-term biliary complications after liver surgery leading to liver transplantationC Loinaz
General, Digestive, and Abdominal Transplantation Surgery Department, Doce de Octubre University Hospital, Madrid University, Spain
World J Surg 25:1260-3. 2001..All had had previous surgical procedures that made the transplantation procedure more difficult. Nevertheless, patient survival and graft actuarial survival after liver replacement were 75.0% and 69.2%, respectively, at 5 years...
- Fibrosing cholestatic hepatitis-like syndrome in hepatitis B virus-negative and hepatitis C virus-negative renal transplant recipientsE Muñoz de Bustillo
Department of Nephrology, Renal Transplant Unit, and Department of Pathology, Hospital Universitario Doce de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Am J Kidney Dis 38:640-5. 2001....
- Susceptibility genetic variants associated with early-onset colorectal cancerMaría Dolores Giráldez
Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital Clinic, Centro de Investigacion Biomedica en Red de Enfermedades Hepaticas y Digestivas CIBERehd, IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Carcinogenesis 33:613-9. 2012..Association of CRC susceptibility variants with some patient's familiar and personal features could be relevant for screening and surveillance strategies in this high-risk group and it should be explored in further studies...
- Seeking genetic susceptibility variants for colorectal cancer: the EPICOLON consortium experienceSergi Castellvi-Bel
Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital Clinic, CIBERehd, IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Mutagenesis 27:153-9. 2012..Finishing their own pangenomic study and performing whole-exome sequencing in selected CRC samples are among EPICOLON future research prospects...
- Switching to sirolimus monotherapy for de novo tumors after liver transplantation. A preliminary experienceCarlos Jiménez-Romero
Service of General Surgery, Alimentary Tract and Abdominal Organ Transplantation, Hospital Universitario Doce de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Hepatogastroenterology 58:115-21. 2011..Alcoholic cirrhosis, smoking, and use of calcineurin inhibitors (CNI) are associated with the development of de novo tumors in liver transplant (LT) recipients. Sirolimus is an immunosuppressor with antitumoral properties...
- Biological behavior due to cell proliferation markers of gastrointestinal stromal tumorsP Menendez
General Surgery and Digestive System, General Hospital, Tomelloso Avenue, 13005, Ciudad Real, Spain
Hepatogastroenterology 58:76-80. 2011..The purpose of this study is to investigate the expression of different immunohistochemical markers and their relation to mortality and relapse, and especially concerning high-risk tumors...
- Uric acid and anti-TNF antibody improve mitochondrial dysfunction in ob/ob miceInmaculada García-Ruiz
Research Center, Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Avd Córdoba, Madrid, Spain
Hepatology 44:581-91. 2006..Increased hepatic TNF and iNOS expression might enhance peroxynitrite formation and inhibition of MRC complexes...
- Pseudomyxoma peritonei: a clinicopathologic analysis and follow-up of 21 patientsJ F Varona
Department of Internal Medicine, 12 de Octubre University Hospital of Madrid, Spain
Hepatogastroenterology 52:812-6. 2005..Our objective is to consider the characteristics of this entity in our western Mediterranean urban population...
- Tissue CA-19.9 content in colorectal adenomas and its value in the assessment of dysplasiaI Salces
Department of Digestive Diseases, Unit of Research Research Center, Hospital 12 Octubre, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 96:246-54. 2004..A measurement of tissue tumor markers may be useful to recognize these adenomas...
- Focal hyperplastic hepatocellular nodules in hepatic venous outflow obstruction: a clinicopathological study of four patients and 24 nodulesC Ibarrola
Pathology Department, University Hospital Doce de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Histopathology 44:172-9. 2004..The aim of this study was to investigate their histogenesis and to determine their morphological characteristics in order to provide diagnostic criteria...
- Defective hepatic mitochondrial respiratory chain in patients with nonalcoholic steatohepatitisMercedes Pérez-Carreras
Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital Universitario Doce de Octubre, Carretera de Andalucia, km 5, 400, 28041 Madrid, Spain
Hepatology 38:999-1007. 2003..In conclusion, activities of MRC complexes were decreased in liver tissue of patients with NASH. This dysfunction correlated with serum TNF-alpha, insulin resistance, and BMI values...
- Relationship between biomarker expression and allelic alteration in esophageal carcinomaIrene Vegh
Research Center, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:2303-9. 2007..Expression of biomarkers and probable allelic alterations were studied in esophagus tissue samples from patients with esophageal carcinoma...
- A pilot trial of fenofibrate for the treatment of non-alcoholic fatty liver diseaseC Fernandez-Miranda
Services of Internal Medicine Lipid and Atherosclerosis Unit, Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Avda de Cordoba s n, 28041 Madrid, Spain
Dig Liver Dis 40:200-5. 2008..Dyslipidaemia and insulin resistance are two important risk factors for non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Both factors can improve with fenofibrate...
- Chronic intestinal pseudo-obstruction: a diagnosis to be consideredM T Muñoz-Yagüe
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 101:336-42. 2009....
- Incidence, risk factors, and outcome of chronic rejection during antiviral therapy for posttransplant recurrent hepatitis CInmaculada Fernandez
Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Liver Transpl 15:948-55. 2009..The use of cyclosporine, ribavirin discontinuation, and viral infection elimination seem to be associated with the development of this complication. Liver Transpl 15:948-955, 2009. (c) 2009 AASLD...
- Surgical management of hereditary colorectal cancer: surgery based on molecular analysis and family historyJ Perea
Department of General Surgery B, 12 de Octubre University Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 101:536-40. 2009....
- Aberrant gene promoter methylation associated with sporadic multiple colorectal cancerVictoria Gonzalo
Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital Clinic, Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red en el Area temática de Enfermedades Hepáticas y Digestivas, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
PLoS ONE 5:e8777. 2010....
- Kaposi's visceral sarcoma in liver transplant recipientsA García-Sesma
Servicio de Cirugía Digestivo C, Unidad de Trasplante de Organos Abdominales, Hospital Doce de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Transplant Proc 35:1898-9. 2003..All three patients were on tacrolimus-steroid therapy, and in one case mycophenolate mofetil was added to treat acute persistent rejection...
- Colorectal cancer relapse: allelic alterations associated with tumour marker overexpressionIrene Vegh
Centro de Investigacion, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Oncology 65:146-51. 2003..These results could be considered useful additional prognostic information for colorectal cancer...
- Porphyria cutanea tarda as a predictor of poor response to interferon alfa therapy in chronic hepatitis CI Fernandez
Dept of Gastroenterology, Unit for the Study of Porphyrias, Pathology and Clinical Epidemiology, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Scand J Gastroenterol 38:314-9. 2003..Porphyria cutanea tarda (PCT) is sometimes associated with hepatitis C virus chronic infection. The aim of this study was to describe the effect of interferon alfa (IFN-alpha) in the treatment of patients with chronic hepatitis C and PCT...
- Orthotopic liver transplantation in primary liver tumorsE Moreno-Gonzalez
Department of General and Digestive Surgery C, University Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
J Surg Oncol Suppl 3:74-7. 1993..If adequately selected, primary liver tumor patients may benefit from liver transplantation. Future research with adjuvant therapies will improve the results...
- Amputation neuroma of the hepatic hilum after orthotopic liver transplantationF Colina
, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
Histopathology 25:151-7. 1994..There was only one symptomatic patient, who died from extrahepatic cholestasis demonstrated at autopsy to be caused by a hilar neuroma obstructing the main bile duct...
- [Analysis of the breast cancer survival in a public hospital during the period 1999-2008]Francisco Colina Ruizdelgado
Registro Hospitalario de Tumores, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Avenida de Cordoba s n, Madrid
Rev Esp Salud Publica 86:589-600. 2012....