M G Claros
- Reprogramming of gene expression during compression wood formation in pine: coordinated modulation of S-adenosylmethionine, lignin and lignan related genesDavid P Villalobos
Departamento de Biologia Molecular y Bioquimica, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Malaga, Campus Universitario de Teatinos, 29071, Malaga, Spain
BMC Plant Biol 12:100. 2012....
- EuroPineDB: a high-coverage web database for maritime pine transcriptomeNoé Fernández-Pozo
Departamento de Biologia Molecular y Bioquimica, Facultad de Ciencias, Campus de Teatinos s n, Universidad de Malaga, 29071 Malaga, Spain
BMC Genomics 12:366. 2011..Its enormous genome size makes whole-genome sequencing approaches are hard to apply. Therefore, the expressed portion of the genome has to be characterised and the results and annotations have to be stored in dedicated databases...
- SeqTrim: a high-throughput pipeline for pre-processing any type of sequence readJuan Falgueras
Departamento de Lenguajes y Ciencias de la Computación, Universidad de Malaga, Malaga, Spain
BMC Bioinformatics 11:38. 2010..This requires increasing sequence quality and reliability in order to avoid database contamination with artefactual sequences. The arrival of pyrosequencing enhances this problem and necessitates customisable pre-processing algorithms...
- PreP+07: improvements of a user friendly tool to preprocess and analyse microarray dataVictoria Martin-Requena
Computer Architecture Department, University of Malaga, Malaga, Spain
BMC Bioinformatics 10:16. 2009..An interactive, easy to use application seems therefore necessary to help researchers to extract full information from data and analyse them in a simple, powerful and confident way...
- Computational method to predict mitochondrially imported proteins and their targeting sequencesM G Claros
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire, CNRS URA 1302, Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris, France or
Eur J Biochem 241:779-86. 1996..As a practical application, the number of unknown yeast open reading frames that might be mitochondrial proteins has been predicted, which revealed that many of them are clustered...
- AlignMiner: a Web-based tool for detection of divergent regions in multiple sequence alignments of conserved sequencesDarío Guerrero
Plataforma Andaluza de Bioinformática Universidad de Málaga, Severo Ochoa, 34, 29590 Malaga, Spain
Algorithms Mol Biol 5:24. 2010..As a consequence, they must be selected empirically by the researcher. AlignMiner has been developed to fill this gap in bioinformatic analyses...
- Evidence for an operative glutamine translocator in chloroplasts from maritime pine (Pinus pinaster Ait.) cotyledonsM G Claros
Departamento de Biologia Molecular y Bioquimica, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Malaga, Malaga, Spain
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 12:717-23. 2010..As a result, the efficient assimilation of free ammonia produced by photorespiration, nitrate reduction, storage protein mobilisation, phenylpropanoid pathway or S-adenosylmethionine synthesis is guaranteed...