- Human Papillomavirus type distribution in invasive cervical cancer in UgandaMichael Odida
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Infect Dis 8:85. 2008..We conducted a study aiming to describe Human Papillomavirus (HPV) type distribution in invasive cervical carcinoma in Uganda...
- [Human papillomavirus and human immunodeficiency virus infections as risk factors for cervix cancer in women prisoners]S de Sanjose
Servicio de Epidemiología y Registro del Cáncer, Institut Catala d Oncologia, Barcelona
Med Clin (Barc) 115:81-4. 2000..The study was designed to estimate the prevalence of HPV infection and the related risk of cervical cancer among imprisoned women...
- Role of hepatitis C virus infection in malignant lymphoma in SpainSilvia de Sanjose
Servei d Epidemiologia i Registre del Cancer, Institut Catala d Oncologia, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Cancer 111:81-5. 2004..HCV infection is associated with an increased risk of a broad spectrum of lymphoid neoplasms among non severely immunocompromised subjects in Spain...
- Helicobacter pylori and malignant lymphoma in SpainSilvia de Sanjose
Servei d Epidemiologia and Registre del Cancer, Institut Catala d Oncologia, Gran Via Km 2 7, 08907 L Hospitalet, Barcelona, Spain
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:944-8. 2004..Helicobacter pylori has been associated with gastric adenocarcinoma and gastric lymphoma. We report on the systematic evaluation of serologic detection of H. pylori in a lymphoma case-control study...
- Risk of malignant lymphoma associated with human herpesvirus-8: a case-control study in SpainS de Sanjose
Servei d Epidemiologia i Registre del Cancer, Institut Catala d Oncologia, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Avda Gran Via s n km 2 7, Barcelona 08907, Spain
Br J Cancer 90:2145-8. 2004..04, 95% confidence interval (CI)=0.62-1.75); significant increases were noted for 19 lymphoplasmacytic lymphomas (OR=4.47, 95% CI=1.34-14.85) and nine low-grade lymphoma/lymphoma B-cell NOS (OR=5.82, 95% CI=1.07-31.73)...
- Cervical human papillomavirus infection in the female population in Barcelona, SpainSilvia de Sanjose
Servei d Epidemiologia i Registre del Cancer, Institut Catala d Oncologia, Gran Via km 2 7 E 08907 L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Sex Transm Dis 30:788-93. 2003..Human papillomavirus (HPV) is a major cause of invasive cervical cancer. Identification of HPV determinants might allow for targeting of high-risk groups for cervical cancer...
- Prevalence of BRCA1 and BRCA2 germline mutations in young breast cancer patients: a population-based studySilvia de Sanjose
Institut Catala d Oncologia, Hospitalet de LL, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Cancer 106:588-93. 2003..The contribution of these genes to early-onset breast cancer is likely to be even higher given that certain UV cases might be disease-associated...
- Cervical and anal HPV infections in HIV positive women and menSilvia de Sanjose
Department of Epidemiology and Cancer Registry, Catalan Institute of Oncology, Gran Via Km 2 7, 08907 Hospitalet de Ll, Barcelona, Spain
Virus Res 89:201-11. 2002..Full screening for CIN remains necessary in HIV-positive women and it is likely that screening for AIN will be beneficial as well to prevent invasive anogenital cancer in long-term AIDS survivors...
- Prevalence of Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus infection in sex workers and women from the general population in SpainSilvia de Sanjose
Servei d Epidemiologia i Registre del Cancer, Institut Catala d Oncologia, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Cancer 98:155-8. 2002..All PBMC samples were negative. These results suggest that in low-risk countries for KSHV, oral shedding and heterosexual contacts are potential pathways for KSHV transmission...
- Interplay between BRCA1 and RHAMM regulates epithelial apicobasal polarization and may influence risk of breast cancerChristopher A Maxwell
Translational Research Laboratory, Catalan Institute of Oncology, Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute IDIBELL, L Hospitalet, Catalonia, Spain
PLoS Biol 9:e1001199. 2011....
- Prediction of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia grade 2+ (CIN2+) using HPV DNA testing after a diagnosis of atypical squamous cell of undetermined significance (ASC-US) in Catalonia, SpainRaquel Ibanez
Unit of Infections and Cancer, Cancer Epidemiology Research Programme, IDIBELL, Catalan Institute of Oncology, Av, Gran Via, 199 203L Hospitalet de Llobregat, 08907 Barcelona, Spain
BMC Infect Dis 12:25. 2012..We evaluated the implementation of the protocol and the prediction of HPV testing as a triage tool for cervical intraepithelial lesions grade two or worse (CIN2+) in women with a cytological diagnosis of ASC-US...
- Frequent expression of the multi-drug resistance-associated protein BCRP/MXR/ABCP/ABCG2 in human tumours detected by the BXP-21 monoclonal antibody in paraffin-embedded materialJulio E Diestra
Department of Medical Oncology, Laboratory of Translational Research, Catalan Institute of Oncology, Av Gran Via Km 2, 7, 08907 Hospitalet de Llobregat, 08907 Barcelona, Spain
J Pathol 198:213-9. 2002..Future studies in specific tumour types are needed to ascertain its clinical relevance. BXP-21 and the immunohistochemical protocol described here will be of value in these investigations...