- Impact of acute otitis media pathogen shifts on the clinical efficacy of several antibiotics: a therapeutic outcomes modelA Canut
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Hospital Santiago Apostol, Vitoria, Spain
J Chemother 21:408-13. 2009..Antibiotics for which the highest clinical efficacy was predicted should maximize the likelihood of cure in outpatient antibiotic treatment of AOM...
- [Pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic analysis in microbiology: a tool for the evaluation of the antimicrobial treatment]Andrés Canut Blasco
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Universitario de Álava, Instituto de Investigación Biosanitaria, BioAraba, Vitoria Gasteiz, España Electronic address
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 33:48-57. 2015..Although the PK/PD analysis is a very useful tool for the selection of the most appropriate dose regimen of antibiotics, several problems limit its use in clinical practice. ..
- Evaluation of antimicrobial treatments in children with acute otitis media in Spain: a pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) approachI Beobide
Hospital Pharmacy, Txagorritxu Hospital, Vitoria Gasteiz, Spain
J Chemother 17:628-35. 2005..influenzae in AOM in children. These results are consistent with MEF (medium ear fluid) levels obtained from the literature. Our results confirm the utility of serum unbound levels to predict efficacy of antibiotics in children with AOM...
- Pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic evaluation of daptomycin, tigecycline, and linezolid versus vancomycin for the treatment of MRSA infections in four western European countriesA Canut
Microbiology Department, Hospital Universitario de Álava, Vitoria, Spain
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 31:2227-35. 2012..To evaluate the usefulness of daptomycin, tigecycline, and linezolid for the treatment of MRSA infection compared with vancomycin in Belgium, the United Kingdom/Ireland, and Spain...
- Detection of Enterocytozoon bieneusi in two human immunodeficiency virus-negative patients with chronic diarrhea by polymerase chain reaction in duodenal biopsy specimens and reviewJ C Gainzarain
Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital Santiago Apostol, Vitoria, Spain
Clin Infect Dis 27:394-8. 1998..These two new cases along with those described previously corroborate the need to evaluate for microsporidia in HIV-negative individuals with unexplained diarrhea...