Rafael Cantón Moreno
- [Azithromycin therapy in cystic fibrosis]Luis Máiz Carro
Unidad de fibrosis quistica, Servicio de Neumologia, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 122:311-6. 2004..Therefore, chronic treatment with AZM should be considered in CF patients added to conventional therapy. Clinical experience with macrolides other than AZM in CF patients is very limited...
- [Aspergillus fumigatus and Candida albicans in cystic fibrosis: clinical significance and specific immune response involving serum immunoglobulins G, A, and M]Luis Maiz
Unidad de fibrosis quistica, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
Arch Bronconeumol 44:146-51. 2008..The aim of this study was to analyze the clinical significance of Aspergillus fumigatus and Candida albicans in respiratory secretions from patients with cystic fibrosis and to assess the immune response to these fungi in serum...
- Inhaled antibiotics for the treatment of chronic bronchopulmonary Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection in cystic fibrosis: systematic review of randomised controlled trialsLuis Maiz
Ramon y Cajal University Hospital, Unit of Bronchiestasis and Cystic Fibrosis, Respiratory Department, Madrid, Spain
Expert Opin Pharmacother 14:1135-49. 2013..Inhaled antibiotics are probably the safest and most effective therapy for Pseudomonas aeruginosa chronic lung infection in cystic fibrosis (CF) patients...
- [Tolerance of two inhaled hypertonic saline solutions in patients with cystic fibrosis]Luis Máiz Carro
Unidad de fibrosis quistica, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 138:57-9. 2012..The aim of our study was to evaluate the tolerance of two inhaled hypertonic saline solutions (HS) in patients with cystic fibrosis...
- Unorthodox long-term aerosolized ampicillin use for methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus lung infection in a cystic fibrosis patientLuis Maiz
Cystic Fibrosis Unit, Department of Pulmonology, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Pulmonol 44:512-5. 2009..We report a successful long-term aerosolized ampicillin treatment of a 14-year-old girl with chronic symptomatic S. aureus lung infection...
- [Benefits of nebulized therapy: basic concepts]Luis Máiz Carro
Unidad de fibrosis quistica, Servicio de Neumologia, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Espana
Arch Bronconeumol 47:2-7. 2011..Of the three, the most effective are mesh nebulizers. These nebulizers are also the most compact, quietest and most rapid, which translates into better patient compliance...