- Weight gain in patients with schizophrenia treated with risperidone, olanzapine, quetiapine or haloperidol: results of the EIRE studyJ Bobes
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oviedo, c Julian Claveria, 6, 33006, Oviedo, Spain
Schizophr Res 62:77-88. 2003..The aim of this cross-sectional study, the EIRE study, was to assess the frequency of several side effects with antipsychotics in the clinical setting. This paper addresses the adverse effect of weight gain...
- Quality of life and disability in patients with obsessive-compulsive disorderJ Bobes
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oviedo, Julian Claveria, 6, 33006 Oviedo, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 16:239-45. 2001..The aim of this study is to describe the situation of Spanish obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) patients and compare it to that of the general population and other patient groups...
- Association between heroin dependence and 5-HT2A receptor gene polymorphismsP A Saiz
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Oviedo, Oviedo, Spain
Eur Addict Res 14:47-52. 2008..To investigate the association between four polymorphisms of the 5-HT(2A) receptor and 5-HT transporter genes and heroin dependence...
- Serotonin gene polymorphisms in patients with panic disorderS Martinez-Barrondo
Medicine Department, University of Oviedo, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 33:210-5. 2005..The objective is to investigate the possible association between four serotonin gene polymorphisms (T102C, A-1438G, 5-HTTLPR and VNTR-5HTT) and panic disorder (PD)...
- Frequency of sexual dysfunction and other reproductive side-effects in patients with schizophrenia treated with risperidone, olanzapine, quetiapine, or haloperidol: the results of the EIRE studyJ Bobes
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oviedo, Spain
J Sex Marital Ther 29:125-47. 2003..Quetiapine appears to improve this profile during short-term treatment; however, longterm data, with larger samples, are required with this latter drug...
- Violence among schizophrenia out-patients compliant with medication: prevalence and associated factorsJ Bobes
School of Medicine, Psychiatry Department, University of Oviedo, Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental, CIBERSAM, Oviedo, Spain
Acta Psychiatr Scand 119:218-25. 2009..In this study, we aimed to assess the prevalence and factors associated with aggressive behaviour in out-patient compliant with their prescribed medication...
- Cardiovascular and metabolic risk in outpatients with schizoaffective disorder treated with antipsychotics: results from the CLAMORS studyJ Bobes
Medicine Department, Psychiatry Area, University of Oviedo, Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental CIBERSAM, c Julian Claveria, 6, 33006 Oviedo Asturias, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 27:267-74. 2012..To assess the coronary heart disease (CHD) risk and prevalence of the metabolic syndrome (MS) in patients with schizoaffective disorder (SD) receiving antipsychotics...
- Quality of life measures in schizophreniaJ Bobes
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Oviedo, Julian Claveria, 6, 33006 Oviedo, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 20:S313-7. 2005....
- Impact of substance use on the physical health of patients with bipolar disorderM P Garcia-Portilla
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oviedo, Oviedo, Spain
Acta Psychiatr Scand 121:437-45. 2010..To describe the impact of tobacco, alcohol and cannabis on metabolic profile and cardiovascular risk in bipolar patients...
- Negative evidences in association between apolipoprotein E polymorphism and panic disorderS Martinez-Barrondo
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Oviedo, Julian Claveria 6, 3, 33006 Oviedo, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 21:59-61. 2006..Genotyping 92 PD patients [Diagnostic Statistic Manual IV (DSM IV) criteria] and 174 controls no differences were found between both groups. Variation in the ApoE-gene was not associated with the development of PD...
- Psychometric properties of the Spanish version of the screening scale for DSM-IV Generalized Anxiety Disorder of Carroll and DavidsonJ Bobes
Psychiatry Department, University of Oviedo, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 34:83-93. 2006....
- Current status of quality of life assessment in schizophrenic patientsJ Bobes
Dep of Psychiatry, University of Oviedo, Spain
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 251:II38-42. 2001..These guidelines are the result of analyzing the most up-to-date literature in the field. It also takes a brief look at the most universally used tools...
- Use of cocaine by secondary school students in northern SpainP A Saiz
Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oviedo, Spain
Eur Addict Res 9:138-43. 2003..To describe the prevalence of cocaine and other drug use in secondary school students in Oviedo (Asturias, Northern Spain) and determine the personality features and levels of sensation seeking in cocaine users...
- Pregabalin for the discontinuation of long-term benzodiazepines use: an assessment of its effectiveness in daily clinical practiceJ Bobes
School of Medicine, Psychiatry Department, University of Oviedo, Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental, CIBERSAM Julián Clavería, 6 33006 Oviedo, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 27:301-7. 2012..To evaluate the effectiveness and tolerability of pregabalin in the management of the discontinuation of benzodiazepines in long-term users...
- Randomised clinical trial comparing oral versus depot formulations of zuclopenthixol in patients with schizophrenia and previous violenceC Arango
Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Department of Psychiatry, C Ibiza 43, 28009 Madrid, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 21:34-40. 2006..The aim of this longitudinal study was to determine whether the depot formulation of an antipsychotic reduces violence in outpatients with schizophrenia as compared to oral administration of the same antipsychotic...
- Change in psychiatrists' attitudes towards the physical health care of patients with schizophrenia coinciding with the dissemination of the consensus on physical health in patients with schizophreniaJ Bobes
Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental CIBERSAM, Psychiatry Department, University of Oviedo, Julian Claveria, 6, 33006 Oviedo, Asturias, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 26:305-12. 2011..To evaluate the impact of the "Spanish Consensus on Physical Health in Patients with Schizophrenia" on psychiatrists' evaluations of the physical health of patients with schizophrenia...
- Apolipoprotein E genotype and schizophrenia: further negative evidenceP A Saiz
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Oviedo, Spain
Acta Psychiatr Scand 105:71-5. 2002..To investigate the association between apolipoprotein E (ApoE) genotype and schizophrenia...
- Use of MDMA and other illicit drugs by young adult males in northern Spain. A five-year studyJ Bobes
Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oviedo, Spain
Eur Addict Res 8:147-54. 2002..We also sought to determine whether MDMA users have distinct personality features or higher levels of sensation seeking...
- 24-Hour opiate detoxification and antagonist induction at home--the 'Asturian method': a report on 1368 proceduresJ E Carreño
Clínica Médico Psicológica Asturias, Gijon, Asturias, Oviedo, Spain
Addict Biol 7:243-50. 2002....
- Treatment of severely psychotic inpatients with schizophrenia: olanzapine versus other antipsychotic drugsJ L Carrasco
, Madrid, Spain
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 17:287-95. 2002..015). The results suggest that olanzapine may be considered as a first line treatment for severely psychotic inpatients with schizophrenia...
- [Impact of olanzapine on quality of life of patients with schizophrenia: one-year follow-up with the Seville Quality of Life Questionnaire]J Giner
Departmento de Psiquitría, Universidad de Sevilla, Seville
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 32:1-7. 2004....
- [Risperidone in the treatment of psychotic patients with opiate abuse and dependence]M Casas
, Barcelona, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 29:380-5. 2001..Those results could mean an outstanding breakthrough in the treatment of these type of disorders and, if it is confirmed that risperidone can lead to abstinence, we would be before a new line of treatment for dual pathology...
- Validity and reliability of the Spanish versions of the Bech-Rafaelsen's mania and melancholia scales for bipolar disordersE Vieta
Clinic Hospital, University of Barcelona, IDIBAPS, CIBER SAM, Barcelona, Spain
Acta Psychiatr Scand 117:207-15. 2008..To assess classical psychometric properties of the Spanish versions of the Bech-Rafaelsen's mania (MAS) and melancholia (MES) scales...
- Maintenance treatment with depot opioid antagonists in subcutaneous implants: an alternative in the treatment of opioid dependenceJ E Carreño
Clínica Médico Psicológica Asturias, C Astrurias, 8 5a planta, 33206, Gijon, Spain
Addict Biol 8:429-38. 2003..It is concluded that the programme is safe for the patients and shows a better retention index than programmes using oral antagonists, with an improved compliance (negative urine analysis) compared to the latter...