Genomes and Genes
- Recommendations for switching antipsychotics. A position statement of the Spanish Society of Psychiatry and the Spanish Society of Biological PsychiatryMiquel Bernardo
Programa Esquizofrenia Clinic, Servei de Psiquiatria, Hospital Clinic, Universitat de Barcelona, Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental, Barcelona, Espana
Rev Psiquiatr Salud Ment 4:150-68. 2011....
- Assessing clinical and functional outcomes in a gene-environment interaction study in first episode of psychosis (PEPs)Miquel Bernardo
Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental CIBERSAM, Spain
Rev Psiquiatr Salud Ment 6:4-16. 2013....
- Antipsychotic polypharmacy in a regional health service: a population-based studyMiguel Bernardo
Schizophrenia Clinic Program, Department of Psychiatry, Neuroscience Institute, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
BMC Psychiatry 12:42. 2012..To analyse the extent and profile of outpatient regular dispensation of antipsychotics, both in combination and monotherapy, in the Barcelona Health Region (Spain), focusing on the use of clozapine and long-acting injections (LAI)...
- Clinical usefulness of the screen for cognitive impairment in psychiatry (SCIP-S) scale in patients with type I bipolar disorderGeorgina Guilera
Department of Methodology, Faculty of Psychology, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Health Qual Life Outcomes 7:28. 2009..This investigation assessed the psychometric properties of the Spanish version of the Screen for Cognitive Impairment in Psychiatry (SCIP-S) for the detection of cognitive impairment in BD...
- [Assessment of frontal functions in psychiatric patients during maintenance electroconvulsive therapy]L Rami-Gonzalez
Instituto Clínico de Psiquiatría y Psicología, Hospital Clinico y Provincial de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 31:69-72. 2003..This study aims to assess frontal executive functions in psychiatric patients during maintenance electroconvulsive therapy (M-ECT)...
- Prevalence and awareness of cardiovascular risk factors in patients with schizophrenia: a cross-sectional study in a low cardiovascular disease risk geographical areaM Bernardo
Clinic Schizophrenia Program, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Universitat de Barcelona, Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental CIBERSAM, Villarroel 170, Esc 9, 6 degrees Planta, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 24:431-41. 2009..Prevalence of cardiovascular disease is high in schizophrenia. Our aim is to estimate the prevalence of cardiovascular risk factors (CVRF) among schizophrenia patients...
- Assessment of real-world daily-living skills in early-onset schizophrenia trough the Life Skills Profile scaleO Puig
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychology, SGR 1119, Hospital Clinic Universitari, Barcelona, Spain
Schizophr Res 145:95-100. 2013..The purpose of this study was to examine the usefulness and the feasibility of the LSP to assess daily living skills in EOS...
- Pattern of cognitive dysfunction in depressive patients during maintenance electroconvulsive therapyL Rami-Gonzalez
Institute of Psychiatry and Psychology, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Psychol Med 33:345-50. 2003..Objective data regarding adverse cognitive deficits associated with maintenance electroconvulsive therapy (M-ECT) are lacking. This study examined the cognitive state of depressive patients during M-ECT...
- Intuitive pharmacogenetics: spontaneous risperidone dosage is related to CYP2D6, CYP3A5 and ABCB1 genotypesS Mas
Department of Pathological Anatomy, Pharmacology and Microbiology, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Pharmacogenomics J 12:255-9. 2012..No significant correlations were observed with regard to CYP3A5 and ABCB1. We find that, despite not knowing patients' metabolic status, clinicians modify risperidone dosage in order to obtain the best therapeutic option...
- Double-blind olanzapine vs. haloperidol D2 dopamine receptor blockade in schizophrenic patients: a baseline-endpointM Bernardo
Department of Psychiatry, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Psychiatry Res 107:87-97. 2001..In this regard, SPECT studies including baseline and endpoint examinations should be encouraged...
- [Neuropsychological alteration in schizophrenia and its modification]R Penadés
Serveis de Psicología Clínica i Psiquiatría, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, 08036, Espana
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 27:198-208. 1999..At least, neuropsychological rehabilitation programs are reviewed from a clinical point of view...
- Spanish validation of the Brief Assessment in Cognition in Schizophrenia (BACS) in patients with schizophrenia and healthy controlsN Segarra
Schizophrenia Clinic Program, Department of Psychiatry, Neuroscience Institute, Hospital Clinic de, Barcelona, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 26:69-73. 2011..We conclude that the BACS can facilitate the comparison of the cognitive performance of patients with schizophrenia in many different countries...
- Role of the cingulate gyrus during the Wisconsin Card Sorting Test: a single photon emission computed tomography study in normal volunteersA M Catafau
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Spain
Psychiatry Res 83:67-74. 1998..In addition, no order effect was found in this study. These findings illustrate the advantage of independently evaluating the cingulate gyrus and the prefrontal cortex in SPECT studies of frontal cognitive function...
- Processing speed and executive functions predict real-world everyday living skills in adolescents with early-onset schizophreniaO Puig
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychology, Institut Clínic de Neurociències SGR 1119 Hospital Clínic Universitari, Barcelona, Spain
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 21:315-26. 2012..Nevertheless, much of the variance in the daily living skills measure remained unaccounted for, suggesting that other factors were involved as well in this young population...
- [Selective alteration of the declarative memory systems in patients treated with a high number of electroconvulsive therapy sessions]L Rami-Gonzalez
Servicio de Psicología Hospital Clínic i Provincial de Barcelona, Barcelona, Espana
Rev Neurol 35:805-8. 2002..AIM. To study the declarative and non declarative memory system in psychiatric patients submitted to maintenance ECT treatment, with a high number of previous ECT sessions...
- No brain perfusion impairment at long-term follow-up in elderly patients treated with electroconvulsive therapy for major depressionVictor Navarro
Clinical Institute of Psychiatry and Psychology, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Spain
J ECT 20:89-93. 2004..Our study adds new evidence in favor of the safety of the ECT, particularly in elderly subjects...
- Comparative hemodynamic effects of urapidil and labetalol after electroconvulsive therapyJ Blanch
Clinical Institute of Psychiatry and Psychology, Hospital Clinic Universitari de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J ECT 17:275-9. 2001..Urapidil seems to be a good alternative to labetalol for attenuating the hypertensive response to ECT in cases where there is a contraindication to beta-antagonists...
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of the prevention of relapse of schizophrenia in the longitudinal study Ziprasidone Extended Use in Schizophrenia (ZEUS)M Bernardo
Psychiatry Department, Hospital Clinic i Provincial, Barcelona, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 35:259-62. 2007..Estimate the cost-effectiveness of the prevention of relapse of schizophrenia in the ZEUS (Ziprasidone Extended Use in Schizophrenia Study) longitudinal study that compares ziprasidone with the option of not treating...
- [Electroconvulsive therapy in the treatment of bipolar depression]M Valenti
Programa de Trastornos Bipolares, Institut de Neurociencies, Hospital Clinic i Provincial de Barcelona, IDIBAPS, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 35:199-207. 2007..Differences in response between bipolar and unipolar depression are also discussed...
- A common variant in DRD3 gene is associated with risperidone-induced extrapyramidal symptomsP Gasso
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Pharmacology and Microbiology, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Pharmacogenomics J 9:404-10. 2009..AP-induced EPS remains a serious public health problem. Our finding of a common SNP (rs167771) in the DRD3 gene provides a strong new candidate gene for risperidone-induced EPS...
- [Functional neuroimaging of auditory hallucinations in schizophrenia]M Font
Instituto Clínico de Psiquiatría y Psicología, Hospital Clínico y Universitario de Barcelona, Espana
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 31:3-9. 2003..The need to continue investigating in this field, that is still underdeveloped, is posed in order to understand better the etiopathogenesis of auditory hallucinations in schizophrenia...
- [Venlafaxine titration dosage in depressive in-patients. A series of cases]M Bernardo
Hospital Clinico, Barcelona, Espana
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 31:31-4. 2003..The most common events in both groups were considered mild. The data of these patients show faster response to antidepressant therapy with faster titration dosage, with maintenance of the molecule's tolerability profile...
- Double-blind, placebo-controlled comparison of intramuscular olanzapine and intramuscular haloperidol in the treatment of acute agitation in schizophreniaP Wright
Lilly Research Centre, Eli Lilly Company, Surrey, UK
Am J Psychiatry 158:1149-51. 2001..No significant QT(c) interval changes were observed in any patients. CONCLUSIONS: Intramuscular olanzapine represents a rapid, effective, and safe treatment for acute agitation in schizophrenia...
- Subtypes of memory dysfunction associated with ECT: characteristics and neurobiological basesL Rami-Gonzalez
Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychobiology, University of Barcelona, Spain
J ECT 17:129-35. 2001..Synaptic plasticity, the cerebral neurotransmission system, and cerebral metabolism are examined in relation to the dysfunction and subsequent recovery of each memory subtype...
- [Redefining schizophrenia]M Bernardo
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 31:1-2. 2003
- The highest intentional ziprasidone overdose was not fatalT Prieto
Acta Psychiatr Scand 112:79-80; author reply 80. 2005
- Schizophrenia and frontal cortex: where does it fail?P Salgado-Pineda
Institut des Neurosciences Cognitives de la Méditerranée, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de la Mediterranee, UMR 6193 CNRS, Marseille, F 13385, France
Schizophr Res 91:73-81. 2007....
- [CATIE: welcome to the real world]E Alvarez
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 34:213-5. 2006
- [Striatal dopamine transporter density decrease in first episode schizophrenic patients treated with risperidone]J J Mateos
Servicio de Medicina Nuclear, Hospital Clinico de Barcelona, Universidad de Barcelona, Espana
Rev Esp Med Nucl 25:159-65. 2006..123I-FP-CIT SPECT has probe useful to differentiate degenerative from non-degenerative PS, so it could be interesting using it for establishing the functional state of presynaptic dopamine neurons of these patients...
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome associated with risperidone in a male with early-onset schizophreniaA Mane
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 15:844-5. 2005
- Standardized remission criteria in schizophreniaJ van Os
Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Acta Psychiatr Scand 113:91-5. 2006..Recent work has focussed on schizophrenia as a 'deficit' state but little attention has been paid to defining illness plasticity in terms of symptomatic remission...