J M Benitez del Castillo
- [Articular diseases and uveitis]J M Benitez del Castillo
Unidad de Superficie e Inflamacion Ocular, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid 28040, Spain
An Sist Sanit Navar 31:83-95. 2008..The collaboration of ophthalmologists, rheumatologists and internal medicine specialists is very important for the correct management and treatment of these patients...
- Relation between corneal innervation with confocal microscopy and corneal sensitivity with noncontact esthesiometry in patients with dry eyeJose M Benitez-del-Castillo
Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:173-81. 2007..The purpose of this study was to evaluate whether dry eye not related to Sjögren's syndrome (NSDE) and dry eye related to primary Sjögren's syndrome (PSDE) are associated with an alteration of the corneal nerves and sensation...
- The triple classification of dry eye for practical clinical useJ Murube
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Alcala, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Ophthalmol 15:660-7. 2005..The specialists in xero-dacryology must know these three parameters to evaluate any case of dry eye, and to establish an adequate treatment...
- [Tear function index validation for dry eye diagnosis]E Vico
Unidad de Superficie e Inflamacion Ocular, Hospital Clínico Universitario de San Carlos, Madrid
Arch Soc Esp Oftalmol 79:265-71. 2004..To develop a simple method for the clinical evaluation of tear dynamics and evaluate its usefulness in the diagnosis of dry eye syndrome...
- Simultaneous bilateral exudative retinal detachment and peripheral necrotizing retinitis as presenting manifestations of concurrent HIV and syphilis infectionDavid Diaz-Valle
Department of Ophthalmology, Cornea and Ocular Inflammation Unit, Hospital General de Mostoles, Madrid, Spain
Ocul Immunol Inflamm 13:459-62. 2005..To describe an unusual case of simultaneous bilateral exudative retinal detachment and peripheral necrotizing retinitis as presenting manifestations of concurrent HIV and syphilis infection...
- Endogenous Pseudomonas endophthalmitis in an immunocompetent patientD Diaz-Valle
Department of Ophthalmology, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Ophthalmol 17:461-3. 2007..To report an unusual case of community-acquired Pseudomonas aeruginosa pneumonia in an immunocompetent host complicated by orbital cellulitis, panophthalmitis, and subcutaneous nodules...
- The Madrid triple classification of dry eyeJ Murube
University of Alcala, Madrid, Spain
Arch Soc Esp Oftalmol 78:587-93; 595-601. 2003....
- Frosted branch angiitis and late peripheral retinochoroidal scar in a patient with acquired toxoplasmosisD Diaz-Valle
Cornea and Ocular Inflammation Unit, Department of Ophthalmology, Hospital General de Mostoles, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Ophthalmol 13:726-8. 2003..To report a case of acute frosted branch angiitis associated with acquired toxoplasmosis in which a late peripheral chorioretinal scar developed...
- [Validation of a questionnaire for the diagnosis of dry eye]J Donate
Hospital Clinico Universitario San Carlos, Unidad de Superficie e Inflamacion Ocular, Madrid, Espana
Arch Soc Esp Oftalmol 77:493-500. 2002..To develop and evaluate a questionnaire for diagnosis and follow-up of patients with symptoms suggestive of eye surface pathology. To evaluate the efficacy of dry eye treatment...
- Treatment of refractory posterior uveitis with infliximab: a 7-year follow-up studyR Lopez-Gonzalez
Rheumatology Unit, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain
Scand J Rheumatol 38:58-62. 2009..To describe, in a 7-year follow-up study, the use of infliximab in patients with refractory posterior uveitis and scleritis...
- Severe keratomycosis secondary to Scedosporium apiospermumDavid Diaz-Valle
Department of Ophthalmology, Hospital General de Mostoles, Madrid, Spain
Cornea 21:516-8. 2002....
- Ocular inflammatory signs observed in a cohort of Spanish patients with Behçet disease and ocular inflammationF Saenz-Frances
Department of Ophthalmology, Hospital Clinico universitario San Carlos Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Ophthalmol 18:563-6. 2008..To study the clinical characteristics of a cohort of Spanish patients diagnosed with Behcet disease and who also presented ocular inflammation...