- Orphan comparisons and indirect meta-analysis: a case study on antidepressant efficacy in dysthymia comparing tricyclic antidepressants, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and monoamine oxidase inhibitors by using general linear modelsJavier Ballesteros
Dpto de Neurociencias, Psicología Médica y Psiquiatría, Universidad del Pais Vasco, UPV EHU, Facultad de Medicina y Odontologia, Leioa, Spain
J Clin Psychopharmacol 25:127-31. 2005....
- Tardive dyskinesia associated with higher mortality in psychiatric patients: results of a meta-analysis of seven independent studiesJ Ballesteros
Department of Neuroscience, University of the Basque Country, Leioa, Vizcaya, Spain
J Clin Psychopharmacol 20:188-94. 2000..It remains to be elucidated whether it is a risk factor on its own or just a surrogate for any unknown organic liability...
- Brief interventions for hazardous drinkers delivered in primary care are equally effective in men and womenJavier Ballesteros
Universidad del Pais Vasco, Dpto Neurociencias, Leioa, Spain
Addiction 99:103-8. 2004..Despite the accumulated evidence on the efficacy of brief interventions in hazardous drinkers some ambiguity remains regarding their differential effectiveness by gender...
- Effectiveness of pindolol plus serotonin uptake inhibitors in depression: a meta-analysis of early and late outcomes from randomised controlled trialsJavier Ballesteros
Department of Pharmacology, University of the Basque Country, Leioa, Spain
J Affect Disord 79:137-47. 2004..This study aims to review the efficacy and tolerability of pindolol plus SSRIs in depressive illness...
- Efficacy of brief interventions for hazardous drinkers in primary care: systematic review and meta-analysesJavier Ballesteros
Universidad del Pais Vasco, Facultad de Medicina, Departamento de Neurociencias, Psicología Médica y Psiquiatría, Leioa, Spain
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 28:608-18. 2004....
- Cognitive performance and smoking in first-episode psychosis: the self-medication hypothesisRafael Segarra
Department of Psychiatry, Cruces Hospital, Osakidetza Basque Health System, Vizcaya, Spain
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 261:241-50. 2011..Smoking might improve attention and working memory to a similarly modest extent as atypical antipsychotics and could reflect an effort to ameliorate these cognitive dysfunctions previous to treatment instauration...
- Specific binding of [3H]Ro 19-6327 (lazabemide) to monoamine oxidase B is increased in frontal cortex of suicide victims after controlling for age at deathJavier Ballesteros
University of the Basque Country, Department of Neuroscience, Barrio Sarriena s n, 48940 Leioa, Spain
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 18:55-61. 2008..01) as main explanatory variables for the variability of MAO-B density. Suicide victims had >30% more binding sites for lazabemide than controls. Contrary to previous reports, MAO-B density seems to increase in suicide victims...