- Changes in the C/N balance caused by increasing external ammonium concentrations are driven by carbon and energy availabilities during ammonium nutrition in pea plants: the key roles of asparagine synthetase and anaplerotic enzymesIdoia Ariz
Instituto de Agrobiotecnologia, Idab, CSIC Universidad Pública de Navarra Gobierno de Navarra, 31006, Pamplona, Navarra, Spain
Physiol Plant 148:522-37. 2013..C availability can therefore be considered to be a determinant factor in the tolerance/sensitivity mechanisms to NH(4)(+) nutrition in plants...
- Depletion of the heaviest stable N isotope is associated with NH4+/NH3 toxicity in NH4+-fed plantsIdoia Ariz
Instituto de Agrobiotecnologia, IdAB CSIC Universidad Pública de Navarra Gobierno de Navarra, Campus de Arrosadia s n, E 31006 Pamplona, Navarra, Spain
BMC Plant Biol 11:83. 2011..0 and 9.0 (which favours NH3 form) were carried out in order to support and substantiate our hypothesis. N source fractionation throughout the whole plant was interpreted on the basis of the relative transport of NH4+ and NH3...
- High irradiance increases NH(4)(+) tolerance in Pisum sativum: Higher carbon and energy availability improve ion balance but not N assimilationIdoia Ariz
Institute of Agrobiotechnology, Public University of Navarre CSIC Government of Navarre, Campus de Arrosadia, E 31006 Pamplona, Navarra, Spain
J Plant Physiol 168:1009-15. 2011....
- The physiological implications of urease inhibitors on N metabolism during germination of Pisum sativum and Spinacea oleracea seedsIdoia Ariz
Instituto de Agrobiotecnología IdAB, CSIC UPNa GN, 31192 Mutilva Baja, Navarra, Spain
J Plant Physiol 169:673-81. 2012..Furthermore, of the two inhibitors tested, NBPT was found to be the most effective at inhibiting urease activity, especially in pea seedlings...
- Short term physiological implications of NBPT application on the N metabolism of Pisum sativum and Spinacea oleraceaSaioa Cruchaga
Dpto Ciencias del Medio Natural, Campus Arrosadia, Public University of Navarra, Pamplona, Navarre, Spain
J Plant Physiol 168:329-36. 2011..In contrast, NBPT was absorbed to a much lesser degree by spinach plants than pea plants (35% less) and did not produce a clear inhibition of urease activity in this species...