J F Aparicio
- A complex multienzyme system encoded by five polyketide synthase genes is involved in the biosynthesis of the 26-membered polyene macrolide pimaricin in Streptomyces natalensisJ F Aparicio
Institute of Biotechnology INBIOTEC, Parque Cientifico de Leon, Leon, France
Chem Biol 7:895-905. 2000..We set out to clone, sequence and analyse the gene cluster responsible for the biosynthesis of this tetraene...
- Polyene antibiotic biosynthesis gene clustersJ F Aparicio
INBIOTEC, Institute of Biotechnology of León, Av Real 1, 24006, Leon, Spain
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 61:179-88. 2003..Successful genetic manipulation of the producing organisms leading to production of polyene analogues indicates good prospects for generating improved antifungal compounds via genetic engineering...
- Polyene macrolide antibiotic biosynthesisJ F Aparicio
Institute of Biotechnology INBIOTEC, Parque Cientifico de Leon, and Area of Microbiology, Faculty of Biology, University of Leon, Leon, Spain
Curr Med Chem 11:1645-56. 2004....
- Engineered biosynthesis of novel polyenes: a pimaricin derivative produced by targeted gene disruption in Streptomyces natalensisM V Mendes
Institute of Biotechnology INBIOTEC, , Spain
Chem Biol 8:635-44. 2001..This novel epoxidase could prove to be valuable for the introduction of epoxy substituents into designer macrolides...
- Characterization of the ask-asd operon in aminoethoxyvinylglycine-producing Streptomyces sp. NRRL 5331Y Cuadrado
, , Avda del Real no 1, 24006, , Spain
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 64:228-36. 2004..This is the first report in which a gene cluster for the first two steps of aminoethoxyvinylglycine biosynthesis is characterized...
- Nitrate regulation of alpha-aminoadipate reductase formation and lysine inhibition of its activity in Penicillium chrysogenum and Acremonium chrysogenumM J Hijarrubia
Instituto de Biotecnologia de Leon, INBIOTEC, Parque Cientifico de Leon, Avda del Real, No 1, Spain
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 59:270-7. 2002..Nitrate has a strong negative effect on alpha-AAR formation as shown by immunoblotting studies of alpha-AAR. The nitrate effect was reversed by lysine...
- Characterization of the lys2 gene of Acremonium chrysogenum encoding a functional alpha-aminoadipate activating and reducing enzymeM J Hijarrubia
Institute of Biotechnology INBIOTEC, Science Park of León, Spain
Mol Gen Genet 264:755-62. 2001..chrysogenum C10 (the chromosome that contains the "late" cephalosporin cluster) and is transcribed as a monocistronic 4.5-kb mRNA although at relatively low levels compared with the beta-actin gene...
- Organisation of the biosynthetic gene cluster for rapamycin in Streptomyces hygroscopicus: analysis of genes flanking the polyketide synthaseI Molnar
Cambridge Centre for Molecular Recognition, Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, UK
Gene 169:1-7. 1996..Adjacent genes have putative roles in Rp regulation and export. The codon usage of the PKS biosynthetic genes is markedly different from that of the flanking genes of the cluster...