- Recent improvement in long-term survival after a COPD hospitalisationPere Almagro
Internal Medicine, Hospital Mutua de Terrassa, Pza Dr Robert no 5, Terrassa 08221, Barcelona, Spain
Thorax 65:298-302. 2010..The aim of this study was to determine whether the long-term mortality after discharge from a COPD hospitalisation has improved recently, and the effect of co-morbidity treatment in improving COPD prognosis...
- Helping COPD patients change health behavior in order to improve their quality of lifePere Almagro
Acute Geriatric Care Unit, Internal Medicine Department, University Hospital Mútua de Terrassa, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 8:335-45. 2013..A more multidisciplinary approach and individualization of interventions will be essential in the near future...
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Are the times changing?P Almagro
Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital Universitario Mutua de Terrassa, Terrassa, Barcelona, Spain
Rev Clin Esp (Barc) 213:152-7. 2013....
- Comorbidities and short-term prognosis in patients hospitalized for acute exacerbation of COPD: the EPOC en Servicios de medicina interna (ESMI) studyPedro Almagro
Internal Medicine Service, Hospital Universitario Mutua de Terrassa, Barcelona University, 08221 Terrassa, Barcelona, Spain
Chest 142:1126-33. 2012..Our hypothesis is that the frequency and type of comorbidities impair the prognosis within 12 weeks after discharge...
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa and mortality after hospital admission for chronic obstructive pulmonary diseasePedro Almagro
Service of Internal Medicine, Hospital Universitari Mutua de Terrassa, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Respiration 84:36-43. 2012..Pseudomonas aeruginosa (PA) is isolated in advanced stages of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- [Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in the elderly]Pedro Almagro Mena
Unidad de Geriatría de Agudos, Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital Universitario Mutua de Terrassa, Terrasa, Barcelona, Espana
Rev Esp Geriatr Gerontol 47:33-7. 2012..In this review we will update the physiology, diagnosis and treatment of COPD in the elderly, and the prevention of geriatric syndromes in this disease...
- Spanish COPD Guidelines (GesEPOC): pharmacological treatment of stable COPD. Spanish Society of Pulmonology and Thoracic SurgeryMarc Miravitlles
Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Espana
Arch Bronconeumol 48:247-57. 2012..GesEPOC is a new, more individualized approach to COPD treatment according to the clinical characteristics of the patients...
- A new approach to grading and treating COPD based on clinical phenotypes: summary of the Spanish COPD guidelines (GesEPOC)Marc Miravitlles
Servei de Pneumologia, Hospital General Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Prim Care Respir J 22:117-21. 2013..This proposal aims to achieve a more personalised management of COPD according to the clinical characteristics and multidimensional assessment of severity...
- [Hospitalizations due to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in the elderly]Pere Almagro
Unidad de Geriatría de Agudos, Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital Mutua de Terrassa, Terrassa Barcelona, Espana
Rev Esp Geriatr Gerontol 44:73-8. 2009..The aim of this study was to describe the characteristics of octogenarians admitted for COPD and to compare these characteristics with those in a younger group...
- Finding the best thresholds of FEV1 and dyspnea to predict 5-year survival in COPD patients: the COCOMICS studyPere Almagro
Acute Geriatric Care Unit, Internal Medicine Department, Hospital Universitari Mutua de Terrassa, Terrassa, Barcelona, Spain
PLoS ONE 9:e89866. 2014..FEV1 is universally used as a measure of severity in COPD. Current thresholds are based on expert opinion and not on evidence...
- [Spanish COPD Guidelines (GesEPOC): Pharmacological treatment of stable COPD]Marc Miravitlles
Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Aten Primaria 44:425-37. 2012..GesEPOC is a new, more individualized approach to COPD treatment according to the clinical characteristics of the patients...