- Secretory carcinoma of the male breast: correlation of aspiration cytology and pathologyCristina Alenda
Department of Pathology, Hospital General Universitario de Alicante, Alicante, Spain
Diagn Cytopathol 32:47-50. 2005..Most cells contained intracytoplasmic vacuoles, which are the key feature of an accurate diagnosis. Differential diagnosis with other tumors is discussed briefly...
- Evidence for classification of c.1852_1853AA>GC in MLH1 as a neutral variant for Lynch syndromeAdela Castillejo
Laboratorio Investigacion, Hospital Universitario Elche, Elche, Spain
BMC Med Genet 12:12. 2011..Reports on the pathogenicity of the c.1852_1853AA>GC (p.Lys618Ala) variant of the MLH1 gene are conflicting. In this study, we provide new evidence indicating that this variant has no significant implications for LS...
- Hepatotoxicity related to paraquat and diquat absorption through intact skinAna M Peiró
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Hospital General de Alicante, Pintor Baeza, S N, 03010, Alicante, Spain
Dig Dis Sci 52:3282-4. 2007
- Detection of BRAF V600E mutation in colorectal cancer: comparison of automatic sequencing and real-time chemistry methodologySusana Benlloch
Unidad de Investigacion, Hospital General Universitario de Alicante, C Maestro Alonso 109, 03010 Alicante, Spain
J Mol Diagn 8:540-3. 2006..Because real-time chemistry methodology has advantages in cost, time, and labor, we consider it a valuable alternative to automatic direct sequencing, particularly for serial measurements...
- Analysis of HER2 by chromogenic in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry in lymph node-negative breast carcinoma: Prognostic relevanceGloria Peiro
Research Unit, Hospital General Universitari d Alacant, 03010 Alacant, Spain
Hum Pathol 38:26-34. 2007..Moreover, CISH is a valuable tool for the assessment of HER2 gene status with potential prognostic value and, therefore, in clinical decision making for treatment of high-risk LNNBC...
- The efficacy of adjuvant chemotherapy with 5-fluorouracil in colorectal cancer depends on the mismatch repair statusRodrigo Jover
Unidad de Gastroenterologia, Hospital General Universitario de Alicante, Alicante, Spain
Eur J Cancer 45:365-73. 2009..The aim of this study is to evaluate if mismatch repair (MMR) defective colorectal cancer has a different response to adjuvant 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) chemotherapy in a cohort of patients prospectively followed during 5 years...
- Utility of p16 immunohistochemistry for the identification of Lynch syndromeArtemio Paya
Unidad de Investigacion, Hospital General Universitario de Alicante, Alicante, Spain
Clin Cancer Res 15:3156-62. 2009..These tumors can also show epigenetic silencing of other genes, such as p16. The aim of our study is to evaluate the utility of p16 immunohistochemistry in the prediction of MLH1 germline mutations...
- Immunohistochemical analysis of tumor angiogenic factors in human pituitary adenomasMaria Niveiro
Department of Pathology, General Universitary Hospital of Alicante, Pintor Baeza s n, 03010 Alicante, Spain
Hum Pathol 36:1090-5. 2005..Moreover, Flk-1 is associated with a more aggressive phenotype, and it may have potential therapeutic interest...
- Methylation analysis of MLH1 improves the selection of patients for genetic testing in Lynch syndromeLucía Pérez-Carbonell
Unidad de Investigacion, Hospital General Universitario de Alicante, Pintor Baeza 12, 03010 Alicante, Spain
J Mol Diagn 12:498-504. 2010..Taken together, methylation analysis of MLH1 shows better performance characteristics than BRAF V600E mutation in the selection of patients for genetic testing of MLH1, especially when using MS-MLPA...
- Differential features of colorectal cancers fulfilling Amsterdam criteria without involvement of the mutator pathwayXavier Llor
Gastroenterology Department, Germans Trias i Pujol Hospital, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
Clin Cancer Res 11:7304-10. 2005..The main objectives of this study were to assess the relevance of clinically defined HNPCC patients without characteristic mutator pathway alterations and to identify their specific features...
- A prospective, multicenter, population-based study of BRAF mutational analysis for Lynch syndrome screeningXavier Bessa
Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:206-14. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the contribution of BRAF V600E mutation analysis in the identification of MSH2/MLH1 gene mutation carriers in newly diagnosed CRC patients...
- Detection of metachronous neoplasms in colorectal cancer patients: identification of risk factorsBelén Ballesté
Gastroenterology Department, Hospital del Mar, and University of Barcelona, Spain
Dis Colon Rectum 50:971-80. 2007..This study was designed to identify individual and familial factors associated with the development of metachronous colorectal neoplasms in patients with colorectal cancer...
- Association of the ARLTS1 Cys148Arg variant with sporadic and familial colorectal cancerSergi Castellvi-Bel
Department of Gastroenterology, Institut de Malalties Digestives i Metaboliques, Hospital Clinic, CIBER EHD, IDIBAPS, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Carcinogenesis 28:1687-91. 2007..23, P = 0.007) and familial cases and controls (OR = 1.55, 95% CI = 1.10-2.19, P = 0.01) in agreement with a hypothetical moderate increase of the cancer risk linked to the C148R ARLTS1 variant, both in sporadic and familial CRC cases...
- Identification of MYH mutation carriers in colorectal cancer: a multicenter, case-control, population-based studyFrancesc Balaguer
Department of Gastroenterology, Institut de Malalties Digestives i Metaboliques, Hospital Clinic, CIBERehd, IDIBAPS Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 5:379-87. 2007....
- Performance of different microsatellite marker panels for detection of mismatch repair-deficient colorectal tumorsRosa M Xicola
Department of Gastroenterology, Germans Trias i Pujol Hospital, Carretera del Canyet s n, 08916 Badalona, Barcelona, Spain
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:244-52. 2007....
- Clinical performance of original and revised Bethesda guidelines for the identification of MSH2/MLH1 gene carriers in patients with newly diagnosed colorectal cancer: proposal of a new and simpler set of recommendationsFrancisco Rodriguez-Moranta
Department of Gastroenterology, Institut de Malalties Digestives, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Am J Gastroenterol 101:1104-11. 2006..For this purpose, the National Cancer Institute outlined a set of recommendations, the Bethesda guidelines, which have recently been revised...
- Cyclooxygenase 2 expression in colorectal cancer with DNA mismatch repair deficiencyAntoni Castells
Department of Gastroenterology, Institut de Malalties Digestives, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona
Clin Cancer Res 12:1686-92. 2006....
- Accuracy of revised Bethesda guidelines, microsatellite instability, and immunohistochemistry for the identification of patients with hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancerVirginia Piñol
Department of Gastroenterology, Institut de Malalties Digestives, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
JAMA 293:1986-94. 2005..Recently, the National Cancer Institute outlined a new set of recommendations, the revised Bethesda guidelines, for the identification of individuals with HNPCC who should be tested for microsatellite instability...
- Defective mismatch-repair colorectal cancer: clinicopathologic characteristics and usefulness of immunohistochemical analysis for diagnosisRodrigo Jover
Department of Gastroenterology, General University Hospital of Alicante, Spain
Am J Clin Pathol 122:389-94. 2004..3%]; P = .05). There were no differences in age, family history of cancer, or TNM stage. Immunohistochemical analysis seems to be a reliable method to detect most colorectal cancers with defective MMR genes...