Anna Lise Williamson
Affiliation: University of Cape Town
Country: South Africa
- Mbulawa Z, Coetzee D, Williamson A. Human papillomavirus prevalence in South African women and men according to age and human immunodeficiency virus status. BMC Infect Dis. 2015;15:459 pubmed publisher..The high prevalence of HPV types found in bivalent, quadrivalent and nonavalent vaccines in South African HIV-positive and HIV-negative women and men demonstrate that this population will greatly benefit from current HPV vaccines. ..
- Chege G, Burgers W, Müller T, Gray C, Shephard E, Barnett S, et al. DNA-MVA-protein vaccination of rhesus macaques induces HIV-specific immunity in mucosal-associated lymph nodes and functional antibodies. Vaccine. 2017;35:929-937 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate the feasibility of inducing HIV-specific immunity in the blood and mucosal sites of viral entry by means of DNA and poxvirus-vectored vaccines, in combination with a HIV envelope-based protein vaccine. ..
- Carulei O, Douglass N, Williamson A. Comparative analysis of avian poxvirus genomes, including a novel poxvirus from lesser flamingos (Phoenicopterus minor), highlights the lack of conservation of the central region. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:947 pubmed publisher..Sequencing and analysis of further avian poxvirus genomes will help characterise this complex genus of poxviruses. ..
- Mbulawa Z, Wilkin T, Goeieman B, Swarts A, Williams S, Levin S, et al. Xpert human papillomavirus test is a promising cervical cancer screening test for HIV-seropositive women. Papillomavirus Res. 2016;2:56-60 pubmed publisher..3% and 91.5%, respectively) and specific (48.4% and 51.0%) for CIN2+ and CIN3 (sensitivity: 95.8% and 97.9%; specificity: 41.4% and 42.8%). Xpert is a promising screening test in HIV-infected women that performs similarly to hc2. ..
- Chatterjee K, Dandara C, Hoffman M, Williamson A. CCR2-V64I polymorphism is associated with increased risk of cervical cancer but not with HPV infection or pre-cancerous lesions in African women. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:278 pubmed publisher..This result implies that the role of CCR2 is important in invasive cancer of the cervix but not in HPV infection or in the development of pre-cancers. ..
- Lynch A, Tanzer F, Fraser M, Shephard E, Williamson A, Rybicki E. Use of the piggyBac transposon to create HIV-1 gag transgenic insect cell lines for continuous VLP production. BMC Biotechnol. 2010;10:30 pubmed publisher..Improved yield and immunogenicity of transgenic cell-produced VLPs may be achieved with the addition of further genetic elements into the piggyBac integron. ..
- Meyers A, Chakauya E, Shephard E, Tanzer F, Maclean J, Lynch A, et al. Expression of HIV-1 antigens in plants as potential subunit vaccines. BMC Biotechnol. 2008;8:53 pubmed publisher..The p17/p24 protein effectively boosted T cell and humoral responses in mice primed by the DNA vaccine pTHGagC, showing that this plant-produced protein has potential for use as a vaccine. ..