C W N Spearman
Affiliation: University of Cape Town
Country: South Africa
- South African guideline for the management of chronic hepatitis B: 2013C W N Spearman
Division of Hepatology, Department of Medicine, University of Cape Town, South Africa
S Afr Med J 103:337-49. 2013..A number of global societies have updated their guidelines in recent years. This document draws on these guidelines and serves to contextualise, for South Africa, practice guidelines for the management of chronic hepatitis B...
- Pregnancy following liver transplantation during childhood and adolescenceC W N Spearman
Red Cross War Memorial Children s Hospital, University of Cape Town Medical School, Cape Town, South Africa
Pediatr Transplant 15:712-7. 2011..No graft losses occurred during a mean follow-up of 44 ± 17.9 months post-delivery. With careful management, pregnancy post-liver transplantation can have a successful outcome...
- Liver transplantation at Red Cross War Memorial Children's HospitalC W N Spearman
School of Child and Adolescent Health, University of Cape Town and Red Cross War Memorial Children s Hospital, Rondebosch, Cape Town, South Africa
S Afr Med J 96:960-3. 2006..Referrals for liver transplant assessment come from most provinces within South Africa as well as neighbouring countries...
- Nephrotoxic effects of immunosuppressant therapy in pediatric liver transplant recipientsM I McCulloch
Red Cross Children s Hospital and School of Child and Adolescent Health, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
Transplant Proc 37:1220-3. 2005..At present, the renal function is adequate in the majority of the group, but this study needs to be extended to other pediatric liver transplant recipients with particular emphasis on those who are more than 5 years posttransplantation...
- Liver transplantation for children: Red Cross Children's Hospital experienceC W N Spearman
Red Cross Children s Hospital and School of Child and Adolescent Health and University of Cape Town, Cape Town, Republic of South Africa
Transplant Proc 37:1134-7. 2005..Since 1985, 250 infants and children have been assessed and 155 accepted for transplantation...
- Overview of a paediatric renal transplant programmeM I McCulloch
Department of Paediatric Nephrology, Red Cross War Memorial Children s Hospital, Rondebosch, Cape Town, South Africa
S Afr Med J 96:955-9. 2006..Renal transplantation is the therapy of choice for children with end-stage renal failure. There are many challenges associated with a paediatric programme in a developing country where organs are limited...