Affiliation: University of Cape Town
Country: South Africa
- Negotiating care: patient tactics at an urban South African hospitalHelen Schneider
School of Public Health and Family Medicine, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
J Health Serv Res Policy 15:137-42. 2010..These included the steps taken by patients to increase their access to services and improve their experience of care...
- A systematic review of task- shifting for HIV treatment and care in AfricaMike Callaghan
Department of Anthropology, University of Toronto, Canada
Hum Resour Health 8:8. 2010..Task shifting should be considered for careful implementation where HRH shortages threaten rollout programmes...
- Differences in antiretroviral scale up in three South African provinces: the role of implementation managementHelen Schneider
School of Public Health and Family Medicine, University of Cape Town, Anzio Road, Observatory, Cape Town 7925, South Africa
BMC Health Serv Res 10:S4. 2010....
- Lay health workers and HIV programmes: implications for health systemsH Schneider
Centre for Infectious Disease Epidemiology and Research, School of Public Health and Family Medicine, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
AIDS Care 22:60-7. 2010....
- Gender differences in experiences of ART services in South Africa: a mixed methods studyHelen Schneider
School of Public Health, University of the Western Cape, Cape Town, South Africa
Trop Med Int Health 17:820-6. 2012..A mixed methods study exploring gender differences in patient profiles and experiences of ART services, along the access dimensions of availability, affordability and acceptability, in two rural and two urban areas of South Africa...
- Unequal access to ART: exploratory results from rural and urban case studies of ART useSusan May Cleary
Health Economics Unit, School of Public Health and Family Medicine, University of Cape Town, Anzio Road, Observatory, Cape Town 7925, South Africa
Sex Transm Infect 88:141-6. 2012..This paper explores these barriers from the perspective of ART users enrolled in services in two rural and two urban settings...
- Applying a framework for assessing the health system challenges to scaling up mHealth in South AfricaNatalie Leon
Health Systems Research Unit, Medical Research Council of South Africa, P O Box 19070, Tygerberg, Cape Town, 7505, South Africa
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 12:123. 2012..Using the case of community-based health services (CBS) in South Africa, we apply a framework to appraise the opportunities and challenges to effective implementation of mHealth at scale in health systems...
- "She is my teacher and if it was not for her I would be dead": exploration of rural South African community health workers' information, education and communication activitiesRose Zulliger
a School of Public Health and Family Medicine, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
AIDS Care 26:626-32. 2014..With growing formalisation of CHW programmes in South Africa and elsewhere, CHWs' important role in health service access, health promotion and health maintenance must be recognised and supported in order to maximise impact. ..
- Equity in the use of antiretroviral treatment in the public health care system in urban South AfricaSusan Cleary
Health Economics Unit, School of Public Health and Family Medicine, University of Cape Town, Anzio Road, 7925, Observatory Cape Town, South Africa
Health Policy 99:261-6. 2011..In this study we evaluate whether the distribution of ART services in the public system reflects the distribution of need among adults in the urban population...