Affiliation: University of the Witwatersrand
Country: South Africa
- Ripamonti U, Roden L. Induction of bone formation by transforming growth factor-beta2 in the non-human primate Papio ursinus and its modulation by skeletal muscle responding stem cells. Cell Prolif. 2010;43:207-18 pubmed publisher..Four adult non-human primates Papio ursinus were used to study induction of bone formation by recombinant human transforming growth factor-beta(2) (hTGF-beta(2)) together with muscle-derived stem cells...
- Ripamonti U, Roden L, Renton L. Osteoinductive hydroxyapatite-coated titanium implants. Biomaterials. 2012;33:3813-23 pubmed publisher..These data in non-human primates indicate that geometrically-constructed plasma-sprayed titanium implants are per se osteogenic, the concavities providing a unique microenvironment to initiate bone differentiation by induction...
- Klar R, Duarte R, Dix Peek T, Ripamonti U. The induction of bone formation by the recombinant human transforming growth factor-?3. Biomaterials. 2014;35:2773-88 pubmed publisher..These results unequivocally demonstrate that hTGF-?3 elicits bone induction by up-regulation of endogenous BMP-2 and is blocked by hNoggin. ..
- Ripamonti U, Richter P, Thomas M. Self-inducing shape memory geometric cues embedded within smart hydroxyapatite-based biomimetic matrices. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2007;120:1796-807 pubmed
- Ripamonti U, Ferretti C, Heliotis M. Soluble and insoluble signals and the induction of bone formation: molecular therapeutics recapitulating development. J Anat. 2006;209:447-68 pubmed