Affiliation: University of Cape Town
Country: South Africa
- Facio-auriculo-vertebral sequence in association with DiGeorge sequence, Rokitansky sequence, and Dandy-Walker malformation: case reportKomala Pillay
Division of Anatomical Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Cape Town Medical School Groote Schuur Hospital, Anzio Road, Observatory, 7925 Cape Town, South Africa
Pediatr Dev Pathol 6:355-60. 2003..In addition, features of DiGeorge sequence were present...
- Association of angiomyolipoma and oncocytoma of the kidney: a case report and review of the literatureK Pillay
Department of Pathology, Division of Anatomical Pathology, University of Cape Town Medical School Groote Schuur Hospital, 7925, Cape Town, South Africa
J Clin Pathol 56:544-7. 2003..The association between renal carcinoma and angiomyolipoma is rare. Only 14 cases have been reported in the literature. The purpose of this paper is to present an additional case and review the literature on this association...
- Test and teach. A uterine tumour causing a diagnostic dilemma. Low-grade endometrial stromal sarcoma with extensive endometrioid glandular differentiationKomala Pillay
Department of Pathology, Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine, University of Natal, Durban, South Africa
Pathology 35:344-6. 2003
- Interdigitating dendritic cell sarcoma: a report of four paediatric cases and review of the literatureK Pillay
Department of Pathology, Red Cross War Memorial Children s Hospital University of Cape Town Medical School, Cape Town, South Africa
Histopathology 44:283-91. 2004..Neoplasms derived from interdigitating dendritic cells are rare, with only 33 cases being reported in the literature (Medline search). These tumours usually occur in lymph nodes in the adult population...
- Carboplatin-based chemotherapy and surgery: a cost effective treatment strategy for malignant extracranial germ cell tumours in the developing worldMarc Hendricks
Paediatric Haematology Oncology Service, Red Cross War Memorial Children s Hospital, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
Pediatr Blood Cancer 57:172-4. 2011..Carboplatin-based therapy achieved excellent results in our patient population and constitutes more than a US $1,800 saving per patient compared to regimens containing cisplatin. This has application in resource limited settings...
- A study to investigate the role of p27 and cyclin E immunoexpression as a prognostic factor in early breast carcinomaKomala Pillay
Department of Anatomical Pathology, NHLS, Red Cross Chidren s Hospital Groote Schuur Hospital, University of Cape Town, South Africa
World J Surg Oncol 9:31. 2011..The aim of this study was to investigate the role of p27 and cyclin E immunoexpression as a prognostic factor in early breast carcinoma...