- Health risks of the clean-shave chiskop haircutN P Khumalo
Division of Dermatology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Cape Town, South Africa
S Afr Med J 103:489-90. 2013..Depilatory creams formulated for African hair offer a non-mechanical means of achieving clean-shave hairstyles. ..
- The adapted classification of male pattern hair loss improves reliabilityN P Khumalo
Division of Dermatology, Groote Schuur and Red Cross Children s Hospitals, Cape Town, South Africa
Dermatology 225:110-4. 2012..No classification including the HNC has been validated for population studies. We aimed to simplify the HNC, produce the adapted HNC and test its reliability for use in population studies...
- African hair length in a school population: a clue to disease pathogenesis?N P Khumalo
Division of Dermatology, Groote Schuur Hospital, South Africa
J Cosmet Dermatol 6:144-51. 2007..Anecdotal data suggest that combed natural African hair reaches a length steady state. Easier grooming and anticipated long hair have made relaxers popular...
- Marginal traction alopecia severity score: development and test of reliabilityN P Khumalo
Division of Dermatology, Groote Schuur Hospital and the University of Cape Town, South Africa
J Cosmet Dermatol 6:262-9. 2007..The aim of the current study was to develop a severity scoring system (M-TAS score) for marginal TA, the commonest form of this disorder, and to test its reliability...
- Hairdressing and the prevalence of scalp disease in African adultsN P Khumalo
Division of Dermatology, Groote Schuur Hospital and the University of Cape Town, Observatory 7925, South Africa
Br J Dermatol 157:981-8. 2007..Anecdotal reports suggest that certain scalp disorders are common in Africans and may be associated with hairstyles...