Affiliation: University of the Witwatersrand
Country: South Africa
- Carcinosarcoma of the uterine cervix: a report of eight cases with immunohistochemical analysis and evaluation of human papillomavirus statusW Grayson
Department of Anatomical Pathology, School of Pathology, University of the Witwatersrand, and the South African Institute for Medical Research, Johannesburg, Republic of South Africa
Am J Surg Pathol 25:338-47. 2001..This is the first study to implicate HPV in the evolution of cervical MMMTs. The above observations lend support to a metaplastic theory of histogenesis...
- Detection of human papillomavirus in large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the uterine cervix: a study of 12 casesW Grayson
Department of Anatomical Pathology, School of Pathology, University of the Witwatersrand and the National Health Laboratory Service, PO Box 1038, Johannesburg 2000, South Africa
J Clin Pathol 55:108-14. 2002..To investigate the role of human papillomavirus (HPV) in large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma (LCNEC) of the uterine cervix...
- Ganglioneuroblastic differentiation in a primary cutaneous malignant melanomaWayne Grayson
Division of Anatomical Patholgy, School of Pathology, University of Witwaterswand and the National Health Laboratory Service, Johannesburg, Republic of South Africa
Am J Dermatopathol 25:40-4. 2003..Although the prognostic significance of this observation remains uncertain, the unique case reaffirms the potential morphologic diversity of melanomas and suggests a shared histogenetic origin from a common neural crest derivative...
- A rare case of lymphoepithelial carcinoma of the lipFarzana Mahomed
Division of Oral Pathology, School of Oral Health Sciences, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 105:e49-52. 2008..There was, however, no evidence of EBV infection of the tumor cells by immunohistochemistry and polymerase chain reaction, suggesting that EBV probably does not play a role in the pathogenesis of LEC of the lip in Caucasian patients...
- Recurrent and metastatic ganglioneuroblastic melanoma with terminal rhabdoid phenotypeWayne Grayson
Am J Dermatopathol 25:359-60. 2003
- Pilomatrix carcinomas contain mutations in CTNNB1, the gene encoding beta-cateninAlexander J F Lazar
Department of Pathology, Division of Dermatopathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Cutan Pathol 32:148-57. 2005..This implies a common initial pathogenesis and is compatible with the proposition that pilomatrix carcinomas may at least on occasion arise from their benign counterparts...
- Pagetoid reticulosis with CD30 positivity and cytotoxic/suppressor cellsWitold K Jacyk
Department of Dermatology, University of Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa
J Cutan Pathol 34:644-7. 2007..As in other primary cutaneous CD30-positive lymphoproliferative processes, lesions of CD30-positive PR show an indolent course and a benign biological behavior...
- Apocrine mixed tumor of the skin ("mixed tumor of the folliculosebaceous-apocrine complex"). Spectrum of differentiations and metaplastic changes in the epithelial, myoepithelial, and stromal components based on a histopathologic study of 244 casesDmitry V Kazakov
Sikl s Department of Pathology, Charles University Medical Faculty Hospital, Pilsen, Czech Republic
J Am Acad Dermatol 57:467-83. 2007..A systematic analysis of the entire spectrum of various forms of differentiation and metaplastic epiphenomena in cutaneous apocrine mixed tumor (AMT) has never been performed...
- Primary cutaneous apocrine carcinoma: a clinico-pathologic analysis of 24 casesAlistair Robson
Department of Dermatopathology, St John s Institute of Dermatology, St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Am J Surg Pathol 32:682-90. 2008..Furthermore, steroid receptor expression should be investigated in these tumors, particularly if a tumor is unlikely to be controlled by surgery alone...