Affiliation: University of KwaZulu-Natal
Country: South Africa
- Evaluating traditional healers knowledge and practices related to HIV testing and treatment in South AfricaGavin George
Health Economics and HIV and AIDS Research Division HEARD, University of KwaZulu Natal, Durban, South Africa
BMC Int Health Hum Rights 13:45. 2013....
- Migration of South African health workers: the extent to which financial considerations influence internal flows and external movementsGavin George
Health Economics and HIV and AIDS Research Division HEARD, University of KwaZulu Natal, Durban 4041, South Africa
BMC Health Serv Res 13:297. 2013....
- Understanding the factors influencing health-worker employment decisions in South AfricaGavin George
Health Economics and HIV and AIDS Research Division, University of KwaZulu Natal, Private Bag X54001, Durban, 4000, South Africa
Hum Resour Health 11:15. 2013..This area is under-researched and this paper aims to fill these gaps in the literature...
- Is there really a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? Has the Occupational Specific Dispensation, as a mechanism to attract and retain health workers in South Africa, leveled the playing field?Gavin George
Health Economics and HIV and AIDS Division, University of KwaZulu Natal, Durban, South Africa
BMC Public Health 12:613. 2012..The introduction of the Occupation Specific Dispensation (OSD) in 2007 sought to improve the public services' ability to attract and retain employees thereby reducing incentives to emigrate...
- HIV/AIDS, growth and poverty in KwaZulu-Natal and South Africa: an integrated survey, demographic and economy-wide analysisJames Thurlow
School of Accounting, Economics and Finance, University of Southern Queensland, Toowoomba, Australia
J Int AIDS Soc 12:18. 2009..abstract:..
- The impact of ART scale upon health workers: evidence from two South African districtsG George
Health Economics and HIV AIDS Division, University of KwaZulu Natal, Durban, South Africa
AIDS Care 22:77-84. 2010....