Affiliation: University of Cape Town
Country: South Africa
- PXR and CAR single nucleotide polymorphisms influence plasma efavirenz levels in South African HIV/AIDS patientsMarelize Swart
Division of Human Genetics, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Cape Town, Observatory, South Africa
BMC Med Genet 13:112. 2012....
- Confirmation of the recurrent ACVR1 617G>A mutation in South Africans with fibrodysplasia ossificans progressivaCollet Dandara
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Cape Town Medical School, South Africa
S Afr Med J 102:631-3. 2012..The aim of the project was to determine whether or not this mutation is present in affected persons in South Africa...
- The 341C/T polymorphism in the GSTP1 gene is associated with increased risk of oesophageal cancerDongping Li
International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology ICGEB, UCT Campus, Anzio Road Observatory 7925, Cape Town, South Africa
BMC Genet 11:47. 2010..Genetic polymorphisms in GSTs were investigated in 245 patients and 288 controls samples by PCR-RFLP analysis...
- CCR2-V64I polymorphism is associated with increased risk of cervical cancer but not with HPV infection or pre-cancerous lesions in African womenKoushik Chatterjee
Division of Medical Virology and Institute of Infectious Disease and Molecular Medicine IIDMM, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, Republic of South Africa
BMC Cancer 10:278. 2010..CCR2-V64I polymorphism has been previously reported to influence the progression to cervical cancer in some populations and has also been associated with decreased progression from HIV infection to AIDS...
- ABCB1 4036A>G and 1236C>T Polymorphisms Affect Plasma Efavirenz Levels in South African HIV/AIDS PatientsMarelize Swart
Division of Human Genetics, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Cape Town Observatory, Cape Town, South Africa
Front Genet 3:236. 2012..ABCB1 plays a role in determining the plasma concentrations of efavirenz and should be taken into account in future design of assays for genotype-based dosing of efavirenz-containing regimens...