Affiliation: University of Pretoria
Country: South Africa
- Phylogenetic and functional diversity in large carnivore assemblagesF Dalerum
Centre for Wildlife Management, Hatfield Experimental Farm, University of Pretoria, 0002 Pretoria, South Africa
Proc Biol Sci 280:20130049. 2013....
- The influence of coastal access on isotope variation in Icelandic arctic foxesFredrik Dalerum
Centre for Wildlife Management, University of Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa
PLoS ONE 7:e32071. 2012..We stress that coastal habitats should be regarded as high priority areas for conservation of generalist predators as they appear to offer a wide variety of dietary options that allow for greater flexibility in dietary strategies...
- Longitudinal differences in 15N between mothers and offspring during and after weaning in a small cooperative mammal, the meerkat (Suricata suricatta)Fredrik Dalerum
Mammal Research Institute, Department of Zoology and Entomology, University of Pretoria, 0002 Pretoria, South Africa
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 21:1889-92. 2007..However, reliable conclusions from 15N data regarding the nutritional tactics of mammalian females during reproduction may be limited by our scant understanding of the effects of various physiological variables on isotope assimilation...
- Diversity and depletions in continental carnivore guilds: implications for prioritizing global carnivore conservationF Dalerum
Department of Zoology and Entomology, Mammal Research Institute, Republic of South Africa Centre for Wildlife Management, University of Pretoria, 0002 Pretoria, Republic of South Africa
Biol Lett 5:35-8. 2009....
- A Trivers-Willard effect in contemporary humans: male-biased sex ratios among billionairesElissa Z Cameron
Mammal Research Institute, Department of Zoology and Entomology, University of Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa
PLoS ONE 4:e4195. 2009..While studies on mammals in general provide support for the hypothesis, studies on humans provide particularly inconsistent results, possibly because the assumptions of the model do not apply...