- Science and social justice: the lessons of HIV/AIDS activism in the struggle to eradicate tuberculosisZ Achmat
Treatment Action Campaign, Muizenberg, Western Cape, South Africa
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 10:1312-7. 2006..Ronald Louw had been desperately sick under medical care with TB and HIV for more than 8 weeks. He died 3 days after receiving a definitive TB diagnosis, and a week after treatment for presumptive TB had commenced...
- Commentary: most South Africans cannot afford anti-HIV drugsZackie Achmat
Treatment Action Campaign, Nonkqubela 7793, Cape Town, South Africa
BMJ 324:217-8. 2002
- The XIV International AIDS Conference. Treatment access as a human rightZackie Achmat
Posit Aware 13:32-5. 2002
- Zackie Achmat--head of the treatment action campaign. Interview by Pam DasZackie Achmat
Lancet Infect Dis 4:467-70. 2004
- Combining prevention, treatment and care: lessons from South AfricaZackie Achmat
Treatment Action Campaign, Muizenberg, South Africa
AIDS 21:S11-20. 2007..Our example suggests that even after tragic mistakes have been made, collective action, evidence-informed programmes, and sustained investment can still save lives and mitigate the epidemic...
- Gender and the use of antiretroviral treatment in resource-constrained settings: findings from a multicenter collaborationPaula Braitstein
Department of Medicine, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 17:47-55. 2008....
- Facing a prevention crisis. An interview with Zackie Achmat. Interview by Kristen Jill KreskeZackie Achmat
IAVI Rep 9:10-3. 2005