Affiliation: Reproductive Health and HIV Research Unit
Country: South Africa
- Impact of aciclovir on genital and plasma HIV-1 RNA in HSV-2/HIV-1 co-infected women: a randomized placebo-controlled trial in South AfricaSinead Delany
Reproductive Health and HIV Research Unit, University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, Republic of South Africa
AIDS 23:461-9. 2009..Several studies suggest that herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2) may enhance HIV-1 transmission and disease progression...
- Using research to influence sexual and reproductive health practice and implementation in Sub-Saharan Africa: a case-study analysisOlivia Tulloch
International Health Research Group, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Pembroke Place, Liverpool, L3 5QA, UK
Health Res Policy Syst 9:S10. 2011..Policy issues in SRH can be controversial, influenced by political factors and shaped by context such as religion, ethnicity, gender and sexuality...
- Comparison of cervicovaginal lavage, cervicovaginal lavage enriched with cervical swab, and vaginal tampon for the detection of HIV-1 RNA and HSV-2 DNA in genital secretionsSinead Delany
Reproductive Health and HIV Research Unit, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 49:406-9. 2008....
- Comparison of focus HerpesSelect and Kalon HSV-2 gG2 ELISA serological assays to detect herpes simplex virus type 2 antibodies in a South African populationSinead Delany-Moretlwe
Reproductive Health and HIV Research Unit, University of the Witwatersrand, PO Box 18512, Hillbrow, Johannesburg 2038, South Africa
Sex Transm Infect 86:46-50. 2010..The performance of two widely used gG2 ELISA was compared to derive an appropriate testing algorithm for use in South Africa...
- Investing in the future: lessons learnt from communicating the results of HSV/ HIV intervention trials in South AfricaSinead Delany-Moretlwe
Reproductive Health and HIV Research Unit, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
Health Res Policy Syst 9:S8. 2011..Communicating the results of randomised controlled trials may present challenges for researchers who have to work with communities and policy-makers to anticipate positive outcomes, while being aware that results may show no effect or harm...