Affiliation: Medical Research Council
Country: South Africa
- Decentralising HIV treatment in lower- and middle-income countriesTamara Kredo
South African Cochrane Centre, South African Medical Research Council, Tygerberg, South Africa
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 6:CD009987. 2013..To address these uncertainties, we summarised the research studies examining the risks and benefits of decentralising antiretroviral therapy service delivery...
- Interaction between artemether-lumefantrine and nevirapine-based antiretroviral therapy in HIV-1-infected patientsT Kredo
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:5616-23. 2011..The mechanism of the lumefantrine interaction remains to be elucidated. Studies investigating the interaction of nevirapine and artemether-lumefantrine in HIV-infected patients with malaria are urgently needed...
- Clinical practice guidelines within the Southern African Development Community: a descriptive study of the quality of guideline development and concordance with best evidence for five priority diseasesTamara Kredo
South African Cochrane Centre, South African Medical Research Council, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Health Res Policy Syst 10:1. 2012..This evaluation aims to address this gap in knowledge and provide recommendations for regional guideline development...
- Adverse drug reactions in adult medical inpatients in a South African hospital serving a community with a high HIV/AIDS prevalence: prospective observational studyUshma Mehta
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, University of Cape Town, Observatory 7925, South Africa
Br J Clin Pharmacol 65:396-406. 2008..ADRs in HIV-infected patients were less likely to be preventable...
- Validation of a search strategy to identify nutrition trials in PubMed using the relative recall methodSolange Durão
South African Cochrane Centre, South African Medical Research Council, Francie van Zijl Drive, Parowvallei, Cape Town, Western Cape 7505, South Africa Electronic address
J Clin Epidemiol 68:610-6. 2015..To develop, assess, and maximize the sensitivity of a search strategy to identify diet and nutrition trials in PubMed using relative recall...
- AGREE to disagree: critical appraisal and the publication of practice guidelinesRoger Wiseman
Liberty Health Holdings, Cape Town, South Africa
S Afr Med J 104:345-6. 2014..In fulfilling this obligation, this editorial introduces the journal's readership to the AGREE II instrument as an objective appraisal mechanism against which prospective clinical guidelines will be assessed prior to their publication. ..
- Restricting or banning alcohol advertising to reduce alcohol consumption in adults and adolescentsNandi Siegfried
Department of Psychiatry and Mental Health, University of Cape Town, Education Centre, Valkenberg Hospital, Private Bag X1, Observatory, Cape Town, South Africa, 7925
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 11:CD010704. 2014..To date, no systematic review has evaluated the effectiveness, possible harms and cost-effectiveness of this intervention...
- Task shifting from doctors to non-doctors for initiation and maintenance of antiretroviral therapyTamara Kredo
South African Cochrane Centre, South African Medical Research Council, PO Box 19070, Tygerberg, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa, 7505
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 7:CD007331. 2014....