Affiliation: Human Sciences Research Council
Country: South Africa
- Challenges Faced by People Living with HIV/AIDS in Cape Town, South Africa: Issues for Group Risk Reduction InterventionsAllanise Cloete
Social Aspects of HIV AIDS and Health, Human Sciences Research Council, Cape Town 8000, South Africa
AIDS Res Treat 2010:420270. 2010..These findings have implications for the adaptation or development of behavioural risk reduction interventions for PLWHA...
- Stigma and discrimination experiences of HIV-positive men who have sex with men in Cape Town, South AfricaA Cloete
Human Sciences Research Council of South Africa, Social Aspects of HIV AIDS and Health, Cape Town, South Africa
AIDS Care 20:1105-10. 2008..Mental health interventions, as well as structural changes for protection against discrimination, are needed for HIV-positive South African MSM...
- "It's important to take your medication everyday okay?" An evaluation of counselling by lay counsellors for ARV adherence support in the Western Cape, South AfricaS Dewing
Health Systems Research Unit, Medical Research Council, P O Box 19070, Tygerberg, Cape Town, 7505, South Africa
AIDS Behav 17:203-12. 2013..Recommendations for improving practice are made. The question as to how appropriate strategies from developed countries are for this setting is also raised...
- Disclosure of HIV status to sex partners and sexual risk behaviours among HIV-positive men and women, Cape Town, South AfricaL C Simbayi
Human Sciences Research Council, Cape Town, South Africa
Sex Transm Infect 83:29-34. 2007..The HIV epidemic continues to amplify in southern Africa and there is a growing need for HIV prevention interventions among people who have tested HIV positive...
- Social constructions of gender roles, gender-based violence and HIV/AIDS in two communities of the Western Cape, South AfricaA Strebel
Social Aspects of HIV AIDS and Health Programme, Human Sciences Research Council, Cape Town, South Africa
SAHARA J 3:516-28. 2006..Developing effective HIV/AIDS interventions in these communities will require tackling the overlapping as well as divergent constructions of gender, gender violence and HIV which emerged in the study...
- Behaviour change counselling for ARV adherence support within primary health care facilities in the Western Cape, South AfricaS Dewing
Health Systems Research Unit, Medical Research Council, P O Box 19070, Cape Town, Tygerberg 7505, South Africa
AIDS Behav 16:1286-94. 2012..Findings revealed weaknesses in the current adherence counselling system that have implications for the feasibility of behaviour change counselling within this context...