R J Scholes
Affiliation: Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
Country: South Africa
- A biodiversity intactness indexR J Scholes
CSIR Environmentek, PO Box 395, Pretoria, 0001, South Africa
Nature 434:45-9. 2005..During the 1990s, a population decline of 0.8% is estimated to have occurred...
- Ecology. Toward a global biodiversity observing systemR J Scholes
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR, Natural Resources and Environment, Post Office Box 395, Pretoria 0001, South Africa
Science 321:1044-5. 2008
- Complexity in water and carbon dioxide fluxes following rain pulses in an African savannaChristopher Alan Williams
Graduate School of Geography, Clark University, 950 Main Street, Worcester, MA 01610, USA
Oecologia 161:469-80. 2009..Both processes exhibit nonlinear functional responses that vary seasonally. We conclude that a more mechanistic approach than simple pulse modeling is needed to represent daily ecosystem C processes in semiarid savannas...
- The charcoal trap: Miombo forests and the energy needs of peopleWerner L Kutsch
Johann Heinrich von Thünen Institute vTI, Institute for Agricultural Climate Research, Bundesallee 50, 38116 Braunschweig, Germany
Carbon Balance Manag 6:5. 2011..abstract:..
- Systematic long-term observations of the global carbon cycleR J Scholes
CSIR Natural Resources and Environment, PO Box 395, Pretoria 0001, South Africa
Trends Ecol Evol 24:427-30. 2009....
- Measuring conditions and trends in ecosystem services at multiple scales: the Southern African Millennium Ecosystem Assessment (SAfMA) experienceA S van Jaarsveld
Department of Botany and Zoology, Stellenbosch University, Private Bag X1, Stellenbosch 7201, South Africa
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 360:425-41. 2005....
- Diversity without representationMichel Loreau
Department of Biology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1B1, Canada
Nature 442:245-6. 2006
- Dryland ecosystems: the coupled stochastic dynamics of soil water and vegetation and the role of rainfall seasonalityR Vezzoli
DIIAR, Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy
Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 77:051908. 2008..The results show how the seasonality of rainfall influences the oscillation of the ecosystem between its vegetated steady state during the wet season and its unvegetated steady state during the dry season...