- Community action for preventing HIV in Cambodia: evaluation of a 3-year project
National Center for HIV AIDS, Dermatology and STD, 170 Preah Sihanouk Blvd, Boeung Keng Korng I Quarter, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Health Policy Plan 23:277-87. 2008
..The project is likely to have powerful long-term effects through strengthening of capacity and establishment of systems for the national programme...
- Sustained high prevalence of sexually transmitted infections among female sex workers in Cambodia: high turnover seriously challenges the 100% Condom Use Programme
National Center for HIV AIDS, Dermatology and STDs, Cambodia
BMC Infect Dis 8:167. 2008
..In 2005, we conducted a sexually transmitted infection (STI) survey among FSWs. This paper presents the STI prevalence and related risk factors, and discusses prevalence trends in the context of the 100% CUP in Cambodia...
- Distribution of HIV in Cambodia: findings from the first national population survey
National Center for HIV AIDS, Dermatology and STDs, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
AIDS 23:1389-95. 2009
..A limited number of studies in Asia have investigated HIV transmission in the general population in order to better guide preventive efforts. We examine HIV prevalence patterns in men and women aged 15-49 years in Cambodia...
- HIV-related risk behaviors in Cambodia and effects of mobility
National Center for HIV AIDS, Dermatology and STDs, Ministry of Health, Cambodia
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 41:81-6. 2006
..To study HIV risk behaviors in different population groups, linkages to bridge populations, and to examine factors affecting such behaviors and links...
- Current HIV/AIDS/STI epidemic: intervention programs in Cambodia, 1993-2003
The National Center for HIV/AIDS, Dermatology and STDs, Ministry of Health, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
AIDS Educ Prev 16:64-77. 2004
..More research and prevention programs should focus on the vulnerable populations. HIV/AIDS modeling indicates that Cambodia needs to prepare for increasingly large numbers of AIDS patients who will require expensive medical care...
- Changing behaviors and patterns among Cambodian sex workers: 1997-2003
Pamina M Gorbach
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 900095, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 42:242-7. 2006
..Identify patterns and behaviors among direct and indirect female sex workers (DFSWs and IDFSWs, respectively) across Cambodia's 5 major cities from 1997 to 2003...