- Hypersensitivity reactions to beta-lactam antibiotics
The Corvallis Clinic, 3680 Samaritan Drive, Corvallis, OR 97330, USA
Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 24:201-20. 2003
..Identification of patients who erroneously carry a label of beta-lactam allergy leads to improved utilization of antibiotics and slows the spread of multiple drug-resistant bacteria...
- Drug desensitization
Division of Allergy and Immunology, The Corvallis Clinic, 3680 NW Samaritan Drive, Corvallis, OR 97330, USA
Immunol Allergy Clin North Am 24:425-43, vi. 2004
..The discussion includes rapid desensitization of patients with IgE-mediated allergies to penicillin and other classes of antibiotics, and sulfonamide desensitization of HIV-positive patients...
- Drug hypersensitivity
Division of Allergy and Immunology, The Corvallis Clinic, Corvallis, OR 97330, USA
Med Clin North Am 90:233-60. 2006
..When readministration of medications to which patients report previous reactions is indicated, it may be almost always successfully accomplished by means of either graded challenge or desensitization...
- Drug allergy: desensitization and treatment of reactions to antibiotics and aspirin
Corvallis Clinic, Corvallis, Oregon, USA
Clin Allergy Immunol 18:585-606. 2004
- Lack of penicillin resensitization in patients with a history of penicillin allergy after receiving repeated penicillin courses
The Corvallis Clinic, 3680 NW Samaritan Dr, Corvallis, OR 97330, USA
Arch Intern Med 162:822-6. 2002
..However, its negative predictive value for future courses is unknown because it is uncertain whether patients with a history of penicillin allergy are at risk of becoming resensitized...
- Resolution of fish allergy: a case report
The Corvallis Clinic, Corvallis, Oregon 97330, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 91:411-2. 2003
..Fish allergy is one of the most common food allergies, and it is believed to be lifelong. There are no published reports, to my knowledge, of resolution of fish allergy...
- Nonanaphylactic drug disorders
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas, USA
Clin Allergy Immunol 16:411-33. 2002
- Safety of cephalosporin administration to patients with histories of penicillin allergy
J Allergy Clin Immunol 113:1220-2. 2004
- Evaluation of penicillin allergy without benzylpenicilloyl-polylysine
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 98:402-3; author reply 403-4. 2007