Affiliation: University of Ljubljana
- Simulation of the Frank-Starling Law of the HeartSamo Ribaric
Institute of Pathophysiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, 1104 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Comput Math Methods Med 2012:267834. 2012..We conclude that the presented model enables the study of basic concepts of cardiovascular physiology...
- Diet and agingSamo Ribaric
Institute of Pathophysiology, Medical Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Oxid Med Cell Longev 2012:741468. 2012..At present, the most promising alternatives to the use of CR in humans seem to be exercise, alone or in combination with reduced calorie intake, and the use of plant-derived polyphenol resveratrol as a food supplement...
- The pharmacological properties and therapeutic use of apomorphineSamo Ribaric
Institute of Pathophysiology, Medical Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Zaloska 4, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Molecules 17:5289-309. 2012....
- Teaching cardiovascular physiology with equivalent electronic circuits in a practically oriented teaching moduleSamo Ribaric
Institute of Pathophysiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
Adv Physiol Educ 35:149-60. 2011..We conclude that EECs are a valuable tool for teaching cardiovascular physiology concepts and that EECs promote active learning...
- Simulation of exercise-induced syncope in a heart model with severe aortic valve stenosisMatjaz Sever
Department of Hematology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, 1104 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Comput Math Methods Med 2012:138401. 2012....
- The effect of high frequency electric pulses on muscle contractions and antitumor efficiency in vivo for a potential use in clinical electrochemotherapyDamijan Miklavcic
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Trzaska 25, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Bioelectrochemistry 65:121-8. 2005..These results suggest that there is a considerable potential for clinical use of high frequency pulses in electrochemotherapy...
- Nerve injury affects the capillary supply in rat slow and fast muscles differentlyVita Cebasek
Institute of Anatomy, Medical Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Cell Tissue Res 323:305-12. 2006..When soleus muscle was reinnervated, capillary length per unit fibre length was completely restored. The physiological background for the different responses of the capillary network in slow and fast muscle is discussed...
- Adaptation of muscle fibre types and capillary network to acute denervation and shortlasting reinnervationVita Cebasek
Institute of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, 1000, Slovenia
Cell Tissue Res 330:279-89. 2007..We conclude that capillary length does not change during acute denervation and early reinnervation. The obtained higher values of Lcap/Sfib and Lcap/Vfib are related to changes in muscle fibre cross-sectional area...
- The estimation error of skeletal muscle capillary supply is significantly reduced by 3D methodVita Cebasek
Institute of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Microvasc Res 79:40-6. 2010..Moreover, the 3D method could be applied to other organs and we suggest potential medical applications...