Maja Mikulic Petkovsek
Affiliation: University of Ljubljana
- Composition of sugars, organic acids, and total phenolics in 25 wild or cultivated berry speciesMaja Mikulic-Petkovsek
University of Ljubljana, Biotechnical Faculty, Department of Agronomy, Chair for Fruit, Viticulture and Vegetable Growing, Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Food Sci 77:C1064-70. 2012..The highest amounts of total phenols were quantified in chokeberry fruit. Wild strawberry, raspberry, and blackberry had 2- to 5-fold more total phenolics compared to cultivated plants...
- HPLC-MSn identification and quantification of flavonol glycosides in 28 wild and cultivated berry speciesMaja Mikulic-Petkovsek
University of Ljubljana, Biotechnical Faculty, Department of Agronomy, Jamnikarjeva 101, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Food Chem 135:2138-46. 2012..Wild strawberry and blackberry contained from 3- to 5-fold higher total flavonols than the cultivated one...
- The influence of organic/integrated production on the content of phenolic compounds in apple leaves and fruits in four different varieties over a 2-year periodMaja Mikulic Petkovsek
Biotechnical Faculty, Agronomy Department, University of Ljubljana, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Sci Food Agric 90:2366-78. 2010..The aim of this study was to compare single phenolic compounds, total phenolics and antioxidant capacity of four varieties of apple grown under organic and integrated conditions over a 2-year period...
- Sweet cherry pomological and biochemical characteristics influenced by rootstockValentina Usenik
University of Ljubljana, Biotechnical Faculty, Agronomy Department, Chair for Fruit Growing, Jamnikarjeva, Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Agric Food Chem 58:4928-33. 2010..Fruits from Weiroot 72 contained significantly higher concentration of phenols, bioactive compounds, compared to that in fruits from F 12/1. The content of individual and total anthocyanins did not differ significantly among rootstocks...
- Comparative study of primary and secondary metabolites in apricot (Prunus armeniaca L.) cultivarsValentina Schmitzer
Department of Agronomy, Biotechnical Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Jamnikarjeva 101, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Sci Food Agric 91:860-6. 2011..However, little is known on the phenolic profiles and antioxidant potential of important local cultivars. The objective of the study was to identify valuable parental lines for breeding of cultivars with high health-promoting effects...