Genomes and Genes
Tea Lanisnik Rizner
Affiliation: University of Ljubljana
- Knific T, Frkovic Grazio S, Rizner T. Detection of Aristaless-related homeobox protein in ovarian sex cord-stromal tumors. Exp Mol Pathol. 2018;104:38-44 pubmed publisher..ARX is present in ovarian stroma and cells derived from ovarian stroma as well as in all types of sex cord-stromal tumors of the ovary and could thus be used as a marker for sex cord-stromal differentiation in ovarian tumors. ..
- Rizner T. Estrogen metabolism and action in endometriosis. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2009;307:8-18 pubmed publisher..The disturbed expression of estrogen receptors in endometriosis is detailed, and the estrogen biosynthetic enzymes and receptors are discussed as novel therapeutic targets for the treatment of endometriosis. ..
- Sinreih M, Knific T, Thomas P, Frkovic Grazio S, Rizner T. Membrane progesterone receptors β and γ have potential as prognostic biomarkers of endometrial cancer. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2018;178:303-311 pubmed publisher..The potential role of mPRβ and mPRγ as prognostic biomarkers needs to be further assessed on a larger number of samples. ..
- Sinreih M, Anko M, Zukunft S, Adamski J, RiÅ¾ner T. Important roles of the AKR1C2 and SRD5A1 enzymes in progesterone metabolism in endometrial cancer model cell lines. Chem Biol Interact. 2015;234:297-308 pubmed publisher..Our data confirm that in model cell lines of endometrial cancer, AKR1C2 and SRD5A1 have crucial roles in progesterone metabolism, and may represent novel targets for treatment. ..
- Knific T, Osredkar J, Smrkolj S, Tonin I, Vouk K, Blejec A, et al. Novel algorithm including CA-125, HE4 and body mass index in the diagnosis of endometrial cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;147:126-132 pubmed publisher..In patients with endometrial cancer, serum HE4 levels allow prediction of deep myometrial and lymphovascular invasion. ..
- Sinreih M, Štupar S, Čemažar L, Verdenik I, Frkovic Grazio S, Smrkolj S, et al. STAR and AKR1B10 are down-regulated in high-grade endometrial cancer. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;171:43-53 pubmed publisher..These data thus reveal the potential of STAR and AKR1B10 as prognostic biomarkers, which calls for further validation at the protein level. ..
- Rizner T, Penning T. Role of aldo-keto reductase family 1 (AKR1) enzymes in human steroid metabolism. Steroids. 2014;79:49-63 pubmed publisher..Mutations in AKR1C1 and AKR1C4 are responsible for sexual development dysgenesis and mutations in AKR1D1 are causative in bile-acid deficiency. ..
- Rizner T, Smuc T, Rupreht R, Sinkovec J, Penning T. AKR1C1 and AKR1C3 may determine progesterone and estrogen ratios in endometrial cancer. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2006;248:126-35 pubmed..It is suggested that the expression of AKR1C1 and AKR1C3 in endometrial cancer will govern the ratio of P:E2. ..