Genomes and Genes
Tea Lanisnik Rizner
Affiliation: University of Ljubljana
- Vouk K, RibiÄ Pucelj M, Adamski J, RiÅ¾ner T. Altered levels of acylcarnitines, phosphatidylcholines, and sphingomyelins in peritoneal fluid from ovarian endometriosis patients. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2016;159:60-9 pubmed publisher....
- Knific T, FrkoviÄ‡ Grazio S, RiÅ¾ner T. Detection of Aristaless-related homeobox protein in ovarian sex cord-stromal tumors. Exp Mol Pathol. 2017;104:38-44 pubmed publisher..ARX is present in ovarian stroma and cells derived from ovarian stroma as well as in all types of sex cord-stromal tumors of the ovary and could thus be used as a marker for sex cord-stromal differentiation in ovarian tumors. ..
- Knific T, Vouk K, Smrkolj Å, Prehn C, Adamski J, RiÅ¾ner T. Models including plasma levels of sphingomyelins and phosphatidylcholines as diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers of endometrial cancer. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2018;178:312-321 pubmed publisher..89%, specificity of 84.31%, and AUC of 0.935. ..
- Rizner T. Estrogen metabolism and action in endometriosis. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2009;307:8-18 pubmed publisher..The disturbed expression of estrogen receptors in endometriosis is detailed, and the estrogen biosynthetic enzymes and receptors are discussed as novel therapeutic targets for the treatment of endometriosis. ..
- Sinreih M, Knific T, Thomas P, FrkoviÄ‡ Grazio S, RiÅ¾ner T. Membrane progesterone receptors Î² and Î³ have potential as prognostic biomarkers of endometrial cancer. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2018;178:303-311 pubmed publisher..The potential role of mPRÎ² and mPRÎ³â€¯as prognostic biomarkers needs to be further assessed on a larger number of samples. ..
- Sinreih M, Anko M, Zukunft S, Adamski J, Rizner T. Important roles of the AKR1C2 and SRD5A1 enzymes in progesterone metabolism in endometrial cancer model cell lines. Chem Biol Interact. 2015;234:297-308 pubmed publisher..Our data confirm that in model cell lines of endometrial cancer, AKR1C2 and SRD5A1 have crucial roles in progesterone metabolism, and may represent novel targets for treatment. ..
- Rizner T, Smuc T, Rupreht R, Sinkovec J, Penning T. AKR1C1 and AKR1C3 may determine progesterone and estrogen ratios in endometrial cancer. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2006;248:126-35 pubmed..It is suggested that the expression of AKR1C1 and AKR1C3 in endometrial cancer will govern the ratio of P:E2. ..
- Rizner T, Penning T. Role of aldo-keto reductase family 1 (AKR1) enzymes in human steroid metabolism. Steroids. 2014;79:49-63 pubmed publisher..Mutations in AKR1C1 and AKR1C4 are responsible for sexual development dysgenesis and mutations in AKR1D1 are causative in bile-acid deficiency. ..
- Sinreih M, Štupar S, Čemažar L, Verdenik I, Frkovic Grazio S, Smrkolj S, et al. STAR and AKR1B10 are down-regulated in high-grade endometrial cancer. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;171:43-53 pubmed publisher..These data thus reveal the potential of STAR and AKR1B10 as prognostic biomarkers, which calls for further validation at the protein level. ..
- Knific T, Osredkar J, Smrkolj S, Tonin I, Vouk K, Blejec A, et al. Novel algorithm including CA-125, HE4 and body mass index in the diagnosis of endometrial cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;147:126-132 pubmed publisher..In patients with endometrial cancer, serum HE4 levels allow prediction of deep myometrial and lymphovascular invasion. ..