Affiliation: University of Ljubljana
- Anti-idiotypic antibodies: a new approach in prion researchAnja Colja Venturini
Department for Production of Diagnostic Reagents and Research, Blood Transfusion Centre of Slovenia, Ljubljana, Slovenia
BMC Immunol 10:16. 2009..Different ways to induce anti-idiotypic responses were studied in mice and chickens using various forms of V5B2, a PrPSc-specific monoclonal antibody we have described previously...
- Molecular-imaging probe 2-(1-[6-[(2-fluoroethyl)(methyl) amino]-2-naphthyl]ethylidene) malononitrile labels prion plaques in vitroMara Bresjanac
Laboratory for Neuronal Plasticity and Regeneration, Institute of Pathophysiology, University of Ljubljana, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Neurosci 23:8029-33. 2003..Our results show that FDDNP reliably identifies all prion plaques, including small cluster-plaques in vCJD. This finding may open new in vivo diagnostic possibilities for vCJD...
- The 2,6-disubstituted naphthalene derivative FDDNP labeling reliably predicts Congo red birefringence of protein deposits in brain sections of selected human neurodegenerative diseasesLojze M Smid
Laboratory for Neural Plasticity and Regeneration, Institute of Pathophysiology, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Brain Pathol 16:124-30. 2006..Our findings may be of significant value for the detection of neuropathological aggregates with [F-18]FDDNP in some of these disorders in the living brain of human subjects...
- Curcumin binds to the alpha-helical intermediate and to the amyloid form of prion protein - a new mechanism for the inhibition of PrP(Sc) accumulationIva Hafner-Bratkovic
Department of Biotechnology, National Institute of Chemistry, School of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Neurochem 104:1553-64. 2008..We therefore show that the partially unfolded structural intermediate of the PrP can be targeted by non-toxic compound of natural origin...
- Curcumin labeling of neuronal fibrillar tau inclusions in human brain samplesNina Mohorko
Laboratory of Neural Plasticity and Regeneration, Institute of Pathophysiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 69:405-14. 2010..These results provide the basis for potential future applications of CCM binding of tau aggregates in diagnostic pathology and in vivo...
- Monoclonal antibody against a peptide of human prion protein discriminates between Creutzfeldt-Jacob's disease-affected and normal brain tissueVladka Curin Serbec
Blood Transfusion Center of Slovenia, Slajmerjeva 6, Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Biol Chem 279:3694-8. 2004..The PrP(Sc)-specific epitope is disrupted by denaturation. We conclude that the C-terminal part of PrP in disease-associated PrP(Sc) aggregates forms a structural epitope whose conformation is distinct from that of PrP(C)...