- Bile in the esophagus: a factor in the pathogenesis of reflux esophagitis in childrenRok Orel
Division of Pediatrics, Department of Gastroenterology, University Medical Centre, Vrasov trg 1, 1000 Ljublana, Slovenia
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 36:266-73. 2003..Bile reflux has been postulated to be an important factor contributing to gastroesophageal reflux disease in adults. The purpose of this study was to investigate its role in children...
- Treatment of oesophageal bile reflux in children: the results of a prospective study with omeprazoleRok Orel
Division of Paediatrics, Department of Gastroenterology, University Medical Centre, Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 42:376-83. 2006..As little is known about effective therapy, we studied the effect of proton pump inhibitor therapy on oesophageal bile reflux in children...
- Acute phlegmonous gastritis associated with Helicobacter heilmannii infection in a childRok Orel
Division of Paediatrics, Department of Gastroenterology, University Medical Centre Ljubljana, Pediatricna klinika, Vrazov trg 1, 1000, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Dig Dis Sci 51:2322-5. 2006
- Do acid and bile reflux into the esophagus simultaneously? Temporal relationship between duodenogastro-esophageal reflux and esophageal pHRok Orel
Department of Gastroenterology, Division of Pediatrics, University Medical Center Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Pediatr Int 49:226-31. 2007..Animal studies have demonstrated that the injurious effect of duodenal juice components depends on pH. The purpose of the present study was to investigate the temporal relationship between DGER and esophageal pH...
- Epidemiology of pediatric chronic inflammatory bowel disease in central and western Slovenia, 1994-2005Rok Orel
University Children s Hospital, Department of Gastroenterology, Vrazov trg 1, Ljubljana 1000, Slovenia
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 48:579-86. 2009..The aim of this study was to determine the epidemiological and clinical characteristics of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) in children in central and western Slovenia during a 12-year period (1994-2005)...
- Prevalence and clinical relevance of cagA, vacA, and iceA genotypes of Helicobacter pylori isolated from Slovenian childrenMatjaz Homan
Department of Gastroenterology, University Medical Center Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 49:289-96. 2009....
- Effect of proton pump inhibition on acid, weakly acid and weakly alkaline gastro-esophageal reflux in childrenHelena Turk
University Children s Hospital, University Medical Centre, Ljubljana, Slovenia
World J Pediatr 9:36-41. 2013..The effect of proton pump inhibitors on the characteristics of gastroesophageal reflux (GER) in children and adolescents was evaluated...
- Caustic ingestion: a possible cause of eosinophilic esophagitis?Matjaz Homan
University Children s Hospital, Bohoriceva 20, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Pediatrics 131:e1284-7. 2013..One such trigger could be caustic damage of the mucosa. To the best of our knowledge, the following case report describes for the first time the possible association between caustic injury of the esophagus and EoE...
- Ketamine with and without midazolam for gastrointestinal endoscopies in childrenJernej Brecelj
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, University Children s Hospital Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 54:748-52. 2012....