Affiliation: National Institute of Chemistry
- Pohar J, LainÅ¡Äek D, KunÅ¡ek A, Cajnko M, Jerala R, BenÄina M. Publisher Correction: Phosphodiester backbone of the CpG motif within immunostimulatory oligodeoxynucleotides augments activation of Toll-like receptor 9. Sci Rep. 2018;8:4269 pubmed publisher..A correction to this article has been published and is linked from the HTML and PDF versions of this paper. The error has been fixed in the paper. ..
- Lainšček D, Lebar T, Jerala R. Transcription activator-like effector-mediated regulation of gene expression based on the inducible packaging and delivery via designed extracellular vesicles. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;484:15-20 pubmed publisher..This technology therefore represents an efficient delivery for the TALE-based transcriptional regulators. ..
- VaÅ¡l J, Oblak A, Peternelj T, Klett J, MartÃn SantamarÃa S, Gioannini T, et al. Molecular Basis of the Functional Differences between Soluble Human Versus Murine MD-2: Role of Val135 in Transfer of Lipopolysaccharide from CD14 to MD-2. J Immunol. 2016;196:2309-18 pubmed publisher..We propose that the residue at position 135 of MD-2 governs the dynamics of the binding pocket and its ability to accommodate lipid A, which is allosterically affected by bound TLR4. ..
- Ljubetic A, Drobnak I, Gradisar H, Jerala R. Designing the structure and folding pathway of modular topological bionanostructures. Chem Commun (Camb). 2016;52:5220-9 pubmed publisher..This approach opens the way towards incorporation of designed foldamers in biological systems and their functionalization. ..
- Lebar T, Jerala R. Designed Transcriptional Regulation in Mammalian Cells Based on TALE- and CRISPR/dCas9. Methods Mol Biol. 2018;1772:191-203 pubmed publisher..In this chapter, we describe the protocols for achieving efficient transcriptional regulation with TALE- and CRISPR-based designed transcription factors in mammalian cells. ..
- Mancek Keber M, Lainšček D, Bencina M, Chen J, Romih R, Hunter Z, et al. Extracellular vesicle-mediated transfer of constitutively active MyD88L265P engages MyD88wt and activates signaling. Blood. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Results establish the mechanism of transmission of signaling complexes via EVs to propagate inflammation as a new mechanism of intercellular communication. ..
- Pirher N, Pohar J, ManÄek Keber M, BenÄina M, Jerala R. Activation of cell membrane-localized Toll-like receptor 3 by siRNA. Immunol Lett. 2017;189:55-63 pubmed publisher..These results contribute to understanding of the mechanism of side effects seen in the therapeutic application of naked, unmodified siRNA as a result of the activation of TLR3 localized at the plasma membrane. ..
- Smole A, LainÅ¡Äek D, Bezeljak U, Horvat S, Jerala R. A Synthetic Mammalian Therapeutic Gene Circuit for Sensing and Suppressing Inflammation. Mol Ther. 2017;25:102-119 pubmed publisher..The microencapsulated anti-inflammatory device significantly reduced the pathology in dextran sodium sulfate (DSS)-induced acute murine colitis, demonstrating a synthetic immunological approach for autonomous anti-inflammatory therapy. ..
- AupiÄ J, Lapenta F, StrmÅ¡ek Å, Jerala R. Towards designing new nano-scale protein architectures. Essays Biochem. 2016;60:315-324 pubmed..This review offers an overview on rational and computational design approaches focusing on the main achievements of novel protein nanostructure design. ..
- Drobnak I, Ljubetic A, Gradisar H, Pisanski T, Jerala R. Designed Protein Origami. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2016;940:7-27 pubmed..We envision that by expansion of the toolkit of building blocks and design strategies of the folding pathways protein origami technology will be able to construct diverse molecular machines. ..
- BoÅ¾iÄ Abram S, AupiÄ J, DraÅ¾iÄ‡ G, GradiÅ¡ar H, Jerala R. Coiled-coil forming peptides for the induction of silver nanoparticles. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;472:566-71 pubmed publisher..These results show that our designed peptides generate AgNPs with antibacterial activity at mild conditions and might be used for antibacterial coatings. ..
- Avbelj M, Panter G, Jerala R. The role of N-terminal segment and membrane association in MyD88-mediated signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;495:878-883 pubmed publisher..Moreover, anchoring of MyD88 to the cell membrane augments signaling supporting the importance of membrane localization in MyD88-mediated signaling. ..
- Pohar J, LainÅ¡Äek D, KunÅ¡ek A, Cajnko M, Jerala R, BenÄina M. Phosphodiester backbone of the CpG motif within immunostimulatory oligodeoxynucleotides augments activation of Toll-like receptor 9. Sci Rep. 2017;7:14598 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the functional significance of the phosphodiester linkage of a CpG dinucleotide for binding, which is important in designing improved immunostimulatory TLR9 agonists. ..