Affiliation: Jozef Stefan Institute
- Cellular responses to environmental salinity in the halophilic black yeast Hortaea werneckiiUros Petrovic
University of Ljubljana, Medical Faculty, Institute of Biochemistry, Slovenia
Mol Microbiol 45:665-72. 2002..Our results have also provided new data on two genes from two other fungal species, the Neurospora crassa B1D1.130 gene and the Aspergillus ustus amdS-A gene...
- Genetic interactions between a phospholipase A2 and the Rim101 pathway components in S. cerevisiae reveal a role for this pathway in response to changes in membrane composition and shapeM Mattiazzi
Department of Molecular and Biomedical Sciences, Jozef Stefan Institute, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Mol Genet Genomics 283:519-30. 2010....
- Role of oxidative stress in the extremely salt-tolerant yeast Hortaea werneckiiUros Petrovic
Jozef Stefan Institute, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Ljubljana, Slovenia
FEMS Yeast Res 6:816-22. 2006..werneckii. A refinement of the model of adaptation of H. werneckii to high-salinity environments is proposed...
- Ammodytoxin, a secretory phospholipase A2, inhibits G2 cell-cycle arrest in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiaeUros Petrovic
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Jozef Stefan Institute, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Biochem J 391:383-8. 2005..Interference with the cell cycle indicates a possible mechanism by which sPLA2s are able to cause the opposing effects, proliferation and apoptosis, in mammalian cells...
- Inference of the molecular mechanism of action from genetic interaction and gene expression dataMojca Mattiazzi
Department of Molecular and Biomedical Sciences, Jozef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia
OMICS 14:357-67. 2010..The developed method is available as a web-based tool at http://www.ailab.si/perturbagen...