Affiliation: Jozef Stefan Institute
- Influence of different anesthetics on skin oxygenation studied by electron paramagnetic resonance in vivoZ Abramovic
Laboratory for Biophysics, Jozef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Skin Pharmacol Physiol 20:77-84. 2007..These results show that the type of anesthesia is an important parameter that needs to be considered in experiments where skin pO(2) is followed...
- Influence of nanosized delivery systems with benzyl nicotinate and penetration enhancers on skin oxygenationZrinka Abramovic
Jozef Stefan Institute, Laboratory of Biophysics, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Int J Pharm 359:220-7. 2008..The increased fluidity of the stratum corneum lipids provides an explanation for the greater penetration of BN into the skin when the drug and PE are together incorporated into the appropriate formulation...
- Modulation of tumor hypoxia by topical formulations with vasodilators for enhancing therapyZrinka Abramovic
Laboratory of Biophysics, Jozef Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Adv Exp Med Biol 701:75-82. 2011..This approach can be potentially used to enhance radiotherapeutic outcome by scheduling radiation doses when an increase in tumor pO(2) is observed after topical applications of BN formulations...
- Evidence for a role of caveolin-1 in neurokinin-1 receptor plasma-membrane localization, efficient signaling, and interaction with beta-arrestin 2Valentina Kubale
Institute of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Veterinary Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Gerbiceva 60, SI 1000, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Cell Tissue Res 330:231-45. 2007..Evidence was also obtained that the proper clustering of the receptor in these microdomains was important for effective agonist-induced NK1-R signaling and for its interaction with beta-arrestin2...
- In vivo and ex vivo EPR detection of spin-labelled ovalbumin in miceZrinka Abramovic
Jozef Stefan Institute, Laboratory of Biophysics, Jamova 39, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Int J Biol Macromol 47:396-401. 2010..After 2min, the protein was preferentially distributed to liver and, to a smaller extent, to spleen...
- Salt stress and plasma-membrane fluidity in selected extremophilic yeasts and yeast-like fungiMartina Turk
Department of Biology, Biotechnical Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
FEMS Yeast Res 7:550-7. 2007..werneckii, Cr. liquefaciens), it decreased. On the other hand, the plasma membranes of the fungi with a narrow ecological amplitude (Arctic A. pullulans and Rhodosporium diobovatum) showed different responses...
- Membrane switch hypothesis. 1. Cell density influences lateral domain structure of tumor cell membranesTilen Koklic
EPR Center, Jozef Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1001 Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Chem Inf Model 45:1701-7. 2005....